'15 KY RB Damien Harris

Haha I see you went back and read my post.
Very similar backs, but I like Harris a little more. I would take them both if I could. I don't put much stock in how you are playing against. When evaluating talent you have to be able to make a determination on whether the athlete would still be able to have success in any state. i.e Todd Kelly Jr. I also don't put much stock in junior college performance a lot of times junior college competition isn't any better than high school and sometimes worse. i.e Ryhiad Jones.
All I'm saying is talent evaluation is very difficult.

You're high! You are saying younger, less developed, local kids from one side of a local county are sometimes better than older, bigger, faster, stronger more developed and experienced kids selected from a national talent pool. :banghead2:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You're high! You are saying younger, less developed, local kids from one side of a local county are sometimes better than older, bigger, faster, stronger more developed and experienced kids selected from a national talent pool. :banghead2:

Yea thats it!

He still quit, thats all im saying.

It was a personality clash between he and the staff, particularly Saban from what I can gather from VQ.

I don't know the whole dynamic. I'm sure MZTerry does. Looking back on it, Alvin probably realizes he made a mistake choosing Bama.

In the end, it led Alvin to the Vols for potentially 3 years. So I'm not complaining.

To say "he just quit" isn't fair to the kid, IMO. I think "moved on" is fair. We don't know the underlying details while he was at Bama.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a personality clash between he and the staff, particularly Saban from what I can gather from VQ.

I don't know the whole dynamic. I'm sure MZTerry does. Looking back on it, Alvin probably realizes he made a mistake choosing Bama.

In the end, it led Alvin to the Vols for potentially 3 years. So I'm not complaining.

To say "he just quit" isn't fair to the kid, IMO. I think "moved on" is fair. We don't know the underlying details while he was at Bama.

Well let's hope that's the case, I'm pulling for the kid.

So far Harris proved he belongs by having a stellar UA game. And now will see if he will be Kamara's replacement at Alabama. If you can remember Kamara's all-American game was a bit average in comparison to the Harris performance. Kamara still needs to prove himself. He was buried on depth chart at Alabama so he transferred. Could this be a reoccurring theme, or will he rise above with his 2nd opportunity. Time will tell.

You clearly didn't watch Kamara during UA game. Kamara was bumped to a 5 star after his performance there and showed he was a star.

Reactions: 3 people
You clearly didn't watch Kamara during UA game. Kamara was bumped to a 5 star after his performance there and showed he was a star.

Man I conceded a long time ago........you are trying to get me started up again. You want me to say something against Kamara so the 13 gentleman who love him can all get sorely upset. Please let it go. Im going to bed I had enough fun for the night............go to bed!

Man I conceded a long time ago........you are trying to get me started up again. You want me to say something against Kamara so the 13 gentleman who love him can all get sorely upset. Please let it go. Im going to bed I had enough fun for the night............go to bed!

Got some bad news for you chief, there are A LOT more than 13 people who love Kamara's game.n

Reactions: 6 people

Hit the showers, you're done here.

Was lurking Twitter yesterday around the time this kid committed. Someone tweeted "Harris needs to Google Derrick Henry". I replied "Harris needs to Google Derek Barnett/Kahlil McKenzie/Shy Tuttle/Kyle Phillips. Have fun with that for the next few years, kid".

I know, I know.....cool story bro. Just makes me a little giddy that the talent that's about to be on The Hill has the potential to be able to damn near shut down Alabubba's vaunted rushing attacks.

Well there you have it. Just goes to show riding the bandwagon of a winning program doesn't equate to knowing jack about football. How about you 'branch' out and procreate with someone outside of your family

Now thats what I'm talking about! #GBO

Why does the RF hate on any opinion other than the group think?

Not agreeing with LP but it's a trend I've noticed on here recently.

Reactions: 2 people
Why does the RF hate on any opinion other than the group think?

Not agreeing with LP but it's a trend I've noticed on here recently.

Because there are consequences for dumb opinions.

Not every opinion outside a "group think" is dumb, so they aren't always hated.

VN Store

Back