I hope the Bajakian hate is going to die down now

No ... We really didn't. They might not have been as dominant as you'd like, but they were a pretty good o-line.

Last year's line allowed 1.5 sacks per game (compared to what, almost six per game this year?) and Tennessee's running game had the highest ypc since 2004. The offensive line most definitely wasn't the issue last year.

Reactions: 17 people
Last year's line allowed 1.5 sacks per game (compared to what, almost six per game this year?) and Tennessee's running game had the highest ypc since 2004. The offensive line most definitely wasn't the issue last year.

That's part of my point

Our oline was good last year, yet we still saw the same bad calls on offense

Blamed by many on the oline they called " overrated "

Reactions: 4 people
That's part of my point

Our oline was good last year, yet we still saw the same bad calls on offense

Blamed by many on the oline they called " overrated "
I guess I still don't understand. If you look closely the issues with the offense are completely different this year.

Last year's offense struggled but it wasn't because of the line. The passing game was more of the issue last season with no experienced receivers and a new quarterback (several of them, in fact) --- not to mention the entire team having to learn a brand new system.

Reactions: 14 people
To be a troll. It makes me laugh that everyone, including "The Grand Poohba" is still feeding him.

Is he just a troll? Smack me for falling for it. I understand it is tough to be a Tennesseee fan at times, but that is what being a fan is about. I just don't see how some people can be so negative all the time. If I was like that I would stop watching sports, because it is doing more harm than good.

Reactions: 3 people
Jones recruited 75% of this line

75%? What's your math on that?

Regardless, it doesn't mean they should be forced to play as freshmen.

Kerbyson needs to be back at guard. Gilliam's injury really hurt in that regard.

The bottom line is yes the o line is young and short on experience, but the glaring problem is that the coaching staff is doing nothing to address the issue with tweaks to scheming or playcalling. That's what worries me about this staff.

I guess I still don't understand. If you look closely the issues with the offense are completely different this year.

Last year's offense struggled but it wasn't because of the line. The passing game was more of the issue last season with no experienced receivers and a new quarterback (several of them, in fact) --- not to mention the entire team having to learn a brand new system.

Regardless of how they have arrived to this point, the offense has been a sore spot for two years running with no signs of improving this season that I can see.

Last year they were mediocre and could run the ball some.

This year they are mediocre and pass the ball some.

They weren't impressive last year and they aren't impressive this year by any statistical standard.

Next year, they get to break in another new QB and new offensive linemen as they appear to be trying to recruit over what they have now.

And we just finished the "easy"( in relative terms for any SEC team) half of the schedule in relation to defensive teams.

Two of the top 6 scoring defenses in the country on the agenda the next two weeks.

The bottom line is yes the o line is young and short on experience, but the glaring problem is that the coaching staff is doing nothing to address the issue with tweaks to scheming or playcalling. That's what worries me about this staff.

This is a problem

VN Store

Back