Does South Carolina look beatable now?

September 2013 ...

SC Fan1: Hey did you see the UT v Oregon game?

SC Fan2: Yeah, that was pathetic. 62 unanswered points. Butch Jones, LOL!

SC Fan1: Well we can chalk that game up as another Win this year.

SC Fan2: Hehe. No doubt.

October 2013 ...

SC Fan1 & 2: What the #$%#@Q#%$#% just happened?!?

... remember folks. It's College Football. This is part of what makes it awesome. At least until the Vols lose one they should have won.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah sc played bad but a&m probably would have beat any team in the sec other than bama and lsu with that performance. they just couldnt miss a reciever or drop a pass. So i dont think its a huge indicator of how bad sc is. sure their secondary is young and a little rough right now but that game is a long ways away and theyre sure to improve by then

Our strengthen is USCs weakness .... A&M beat them with big fast talented wide receivers ... Secondary was extremely weak and expect north and company to have a field day with those gamecock DBS

Our strengthen is USCs weakness .... A&M beat them with big fast talented wide receivers ... Secondary was extremely weak and expect north and company to have a field day with those gamecock DBS

Our weakness is also their strength though. a&m has a hell of alot better dline than we do and mike davis is a scary sob.

Our weakness is also their strength though. a&m has a hell of alot better dline than we do and mike davis is a scary sob.

Facts... not in evidence. Not many thought A&M had good personnel on D before this game. They improved dramatically and I'm pretty sure the replaced a few players.

Facts... not in evidence. Not many thought A&M had good personnel on D before this game. They improved dramatically and I'm pretty sure the replaced a few players.

I think our defense will be better then A&ms

USCe's D was certainly worse than expected. They weren't good and it wasn't schemes or A&M just being hot. Their players don't look talented.

They didnt replace an ENTIRE line though. and sumlin has been recruiting high end talent there a little lnger than butch has been for us. they have studs all over the place. sure they might be young in spots but overall they have much better quality depth than we do. All im sayin is sc is no slouch and mike davis is a heck of a player and exactly the type of runner many on here who are more highly regarded than i have said we will struggle against.

Reactions: 1 person
"The Old Visor Coach" found out that his boys had no pass defense and no run offense but better yet he learned that they made up for it by not blocking or tackling. :detective:

USCjr very definitely looks like a win probability for us now. :twocents:

Does South Carolina look beatable with the up-tempo offense? Just wondering! They didn't handle it very well last year with half the talent.

Yep Lamecocks look very beatable and so does Ole Piss! 8-4 should be doable now!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Watching South Carolina and Ole Miss look crappy makes me worry about the things that could go wrong for our young team.
NegaVOLing I know I know

Or instead you could focus on watching young TA&M team and feel very optimistic - shows that all the crying about youth/inexperience is overrated (assuming you have great coaches/game plan - Sumlin and his assistants certainly look like geniuses after that beat down last night).

Does South Carolina look beatable with the up-tempo offense? Just wondering! They didn't handle it very well last year with half the talent.
I was predicting 7-5. I now think SC is a possible win there. My 7-5 included an upset of either Georgia or Florida. So, in spite of the negaVols, I am changing my prediction to 8-4. This is the year Tennessee turns it around! As long as the offensive and defensive lines are average, we have the skill players to be that good!

All I got to say...Thank God we don't have A&M on the scheldule this year.. Very impressed by Kenny Hill, their players looked fast and looked big and long.. Esp their skill guys..

Reactions: 3 people
Spurrier teams are notorious for coming out flat. This was even worse than the norm and they're about to take step back but this will still be a decent team by the end of the year.

VN Store

Back