BREAKING NEWS!!!Cuonzo Martin removes name from Marquette search

I'd like to see some numbers on the new deal.

I admit, I was hard on CCM, but I am willing to see what he can do. I believe he's turning the corner. I don't think we could have gotten anyone better. Better him stay and possibly keep stokes and this recruiting class stay together rather than watch rebuilding again under a mid major no name coach.

Reactions: 1 person
You don't remember the mess he walked into?

Butch Jones is the one who took over a train wreck, Martin took over a program that had been to six straight tournaments. I think Martin is a great man, but he's a mediocre basketball coach. I believe next spring will arrive and the fan base will still be at each others throats over Martin. We're delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: 3 people
What is it about being tied for the fifth most wins in our history this year, and the second best tourney run, that makes you think he HASN'T done a good job?

Point to the regular season all you want, but the tourney is what matters. Just ask Kentucky fans if you don't believe me. They had a pretty ****ty season themselves.

And we got in barely. Most years, we wouldn't be in. Say whatever you want but its the truth. 99 percent of this board was all for a coaching change and then martin and company do what was expected (no more no less) and now people are slurping him. Its amazing.

Some of y'all are a little nutso, I think.

I'm not sure Cuonzo Martin is ever going to lead us to where we want to be as a basketball program. But he DID just take us on a really nice Sweet Sixteen run. What about the UT administration gives you any confidence that we would replace him with some grand slam hire?

I hope Cuonzo works out. I'm not sure if he will. But there's no way I'm ready to make that judgment yet after the nice run we just had.

Some of y'all have mentioned shaking up the staff. I'm just curious who you all would like to add/lose. And would someone like Allan Houston be a good add to the staff?

Gary Parrish of cbssports said the same thing that Rucker is saying.

I'd like to see some numbers on the new deal.

I admit, I was hard on CCM, but I am willing to see what he can do. I believe he's turning the corner. I don't think we could have gotten anyone better. Better him stay and possibly keep stokes and this recruiting class stay together rather than watch rebuilding again under a mid major no name coach.

This. People keep throwing out names like UT can just go pick them up. Sure maybe we get them, but there's absolutely no guarantee. Then what happens when those names are off the board? UT'd be forced to hire a less-proven coach from some small conference.

Some of y'all are a little nutso, I think.

I'm not sure Cuonzo Martin is ever going to lead us to where we want to be as a basketball program. But he DID just take us on a really nice Sweet Sixteen run. What about the UT administration gives you any confidence that we would replace him with some grand slam hire?

I hope Cuonzo works out. I'm not sure if he will. But there's no way I'm ready to make that judgment yet after the nice run we just had.

This x100.

Haslem, Hart, and Cheek were all there a long side Coach Jones last Sunday in Raleigh. You'd be surprised how much support Cuonzo has within the program.

I know the main ones did, but the Pilot thing was what interested me.

I bet there not burning mattresses at Marquette tonite. the party is going on there tonite

They're overjoyed from the board reaction.

It's not often that half the fan base of the school that kept the coach is disappointed and seventy-five percent of the fan base of the school that didn't hire him away is celebrating.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch Jones is the one who took over a train wreck, Martin took over a program that had been to six straight tournaments. I think Martin is a great man, but he's a mediocre basketball coach. I believe next spring will arrive and the fan base will still be at each others throats over Martin. We're delaying the inevitable.

Have you forgotten our two best players quit when Pearl was fired? We had almost nothing left.

That would be like losing 8 starters off the football team, but worse, the best 8.

Haslem, Hart, and Cheek were all there a long side Coach Jones last Sunday in Raleigh. You'd be surprised how much support Cuonzo has within the program.

Good.

Is Haslem a pretty sharp businessman? Some of the geniuses on this board need to not only tell him he is wrong, but offer advice on running Pilot.

They probably think they could do it better. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Whether you're for him or against him, you have to support the team. Negativity will do nothing but bring them down. Sure this season wasn't what was expected, had some bad losses, but we really didn't see a sweet 16 coming. This will be his 4th year, we have guys that can contribute and obviously want to contribute. Hopefully stokes returns that would be huge. Let's hope we can put a whole season together and eliminate some of these bad losses.

nice thought in concept. Let's revisit it with our NIT appearance next year and see if the support is still there.

VN Store

Back