Alabama vs LSU game thread CBS

508mikey

game is at LSU --- have a feeling Alabamas playoff hopes are going up in smoke tonight ---

Last edited:
also its on CBS my apologies to Verne and Gary for not mentioning them in the op

Geaux Tigers is all I can say

I can say Go Tigers, but for some reason Geaux Tigers is too far for me. Don't know if I can explain it well, but it feels too close to saying something like ugh roll tide or ringing a Miss St cowbell.

I can say Go Tigers, but for some reason Geaux Tigers is too far for me. Don't know if I can explain it well, but it feels too close to saying something like ugh roll tide or ringing a Miss St cowbell.

I'll happily do a cheer for any school that's playing Alabama. Gig em, War Eagle, Geaux Tigers, Miz-Zou, Hotty Toddy, Hail State. Woo Pig Sooie, and my favorite GBO

Reactions: 1 person
LSU's run defense is average at best. Don't see how they'll be able to stop Bama.

Random question: why are most of LSU's home games at night? Does that not create an advantage for them? I can understand if they were west coast, but they are in the same time zone as the other SEC teams yet they only seem to play at night.

Actually, doing the math, nearly every LSU home game is at night. Why?

Random question: why are most of LSU's home games at night? Does that not create an advantage for them? I can understand if they were west coast, but they are in the same time zone as the other SEC teams yet they only seem to play at night

As far as SEC games go, they're on CBS quite a bit at 330. Just not this year.

As far as SEC games go, they're on CBS quite a bit at 330. Just not this year.

Les Miles alone is 46-4 in night games at LSU. That's 50 games. They play probably 7 home games a year, maybe 8. He's been there for 8 years. So 50 of the 64 games in his time at LSU have been night games.

We need Alabama's trainer if they have 300 pound guys coming back from high ankle sprains in two weeks

Les Miles alone is 46-4 in night games at LSU. That's 50 games. They play probably 7 home games a year, maybe 8. He's been there for 8 years. So 50 of the 64 games in his time at LSU have been night games.

Well first off, I'm sure they schedule all their non conf games at night. As far as SEC play goes, CBS has first dibs, some CBS games against Florida and Alabama have kicked off at 8:00 like tonight. If CBS passes on one of their games, ESPN has three prime time slots available, obviously if you're ESPN you want to draw viewers, highly ranked LSU teams playing at night will do just that.

This is his 10th season, not eighth.

Well first off, I'm sure they schedule all their non conf games at night. As far as SEC play goes, CBS has first dibs, some CBS games against Florida and Alabama have kicked off at 8:00 like tonight. If CBS passes on one of their games, ESPN has three prime time slots available, obviously if you're ESPN you want to draw viewers, highly ranked LSU teams playing at night will do just that.

Thats a heck of an advantage. As long as LSU can keep that place rocking at night, it will draw in ratings, and thus LSU will have more night games scheduled at home.

I think the networks still pick the times of non-conference games though, not the schools.

And I could be wrong on this one, but I think CBS can only exercise the usage of the evening timeslot during the two (or three?) double-header weeks selected before the season starts.

But pretty much on with the rest of that post.

Random question: why are most s home games at night? Does that not create an advantage for them? I can understand if they were west coast, but they are in the same time zone as the other SEC teams yet they only seem to play at night.

Actually, doing the math, nearly every LSU home game is at night. Why?

The heat plays a factor early in the season.

Go Tigers!! The hell with bama!

Nope nope nope..

I really hope I get to see shock, disappointment, and sadness in the faces of these LSU fans tonight. We can all share a round of tiger tears :p

the-struggle-faces-of-lsu-fans-during-mississippi-state-home-game-2014-39e7433d1c1c5319.jpg

I think the networks still pick the times of non-conference games though, not the schools.

And I could be wrong on this one, but I think CBS can only exercise the usage of the evening timeslot during the two (or three?) double-header weeks selected before the season starts.

But pretty much on with the rest of that post.

I thought this as well, networks jump at the chance to televise a lsu game at night

VN Store

Back