Z's Top 100 NBA Players of All Time

Amar’e in 2005 before his micro surgery: 26/9, shot 55% from the field and averaged 1.6 blocks per game

Going against prime Duncan in the WCF he put up 37/10 and shot 56% from the floor. He was a freak

He was the original rim runner (the league wasn't ready for it) and then had a little extra on his skill set. Wonder what he would have been without 7 seconds or less.

He was the original rim runner and then had a little extra on his skill set. Wonder what he would have been without 7 seconds or less.

It was definitely beneficial having D’Antoni/Nash for him, but he was that good. Dude could finish as wel as anyone in the league. In today’s game, he would shoot 3’s too, he had good touch.

It was definitely beneficial having D’Antoni/Nash for him, but he was that good. Dude could finish as wel as anyone in the league. In today’s game, he would shoot 3’s too, he had good touch.

Yeah, not knocking him. He's Shawn Kemp if he's not on the Suns, which is still a 19/10 guy that makes you jump out of your seat. I loved Kemp.

Yeah, not knocking him. He's Shawn Kemp if he's not on the Suns, which is still a 19/10 guy that makes you jump out of your seat. I loved Kemp.

Kemp was 15 years ahead of his time. Put him with the right team, with a rookie scale contract and the right people around him guiding him/keeping him in shape and he’s top 100 for sure.

Kemp was 15 years ahead of his time. Put him with the right team, with a rookie scale contract and the right people around him guiding him/keeping him in shape and he’s top 100 for sure.

Kemp's problem wasn't his era, IMO. It was booze and laziness.

Kemp's problem wasn't his era, IMO. It was booze and laziness.

It was, but I’m referring more to how guys look at the NBA and how seriously they work now. Back in the 90’s these guys were making too much money and teams weren’t giving them the right infrastructure to succeed off the court as well. Teams didn’t develop off-season training for players. How many guys don’t make it or fall of now because they’re a “knucklehead” or aren’t responsible? I can’t really think of any…maybe Ben Simmons? And he just dates celebs and hasn’t worked on his jump shot, he doesn’t have a booze problem. I think if Kemp comes around Amar’e and his timeframe (btw Amar’e had a ton of character questions coming into the draft) then Kemp would have succeeded more. Or at least not fall off so hard.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Did I have Wade too high at #22 yes or no? Was my omission of Carmelo too cruel?

The case against Carmelo:

- Never won anything as the best player, one time in the conference finals

- Never seemed to care about defense, being a one-way player

- Never was efficient, even when efficiency was becoming important

- Never adjusted his game to became a legitimate #2-#3 when he had the opportunity in OKC and Houston

The case for Carmelo

- Never got to play for the right coach or the right team. When he got Billups his game did get better.

- Despite his scoring inefficiency, before Durant, he was arguably the one guy you wanted to create his own shot late when you needed a clutch basket.

- Averaged 25/6.6/3.5 for the first 14 years of his career, shooting 35% from 3 before the 3 point bonanza. Even with the scoring inefficiency and bad defense that is nothing to sneeze at.

- Made the playoffs for 10 years straight while being the best player on those teams. That is not insignificant.

Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard not making the top 75 is also a travesty

Just saw a “top 12” list that had KD, Kobe, Hakeem, Shaq and Wilt above Duncan and I’m so triggered

Did I have Wade too high at #22 yes or no? Was my omission of Carmelo too cruel?

So two things that I don't think get enough attention with his legacy...

Until Curry came along, Wade was the GOAT combo guard. I believe he was the 1st to lead a team to a title, at least since the merger.

He changed the league with his 2006 finals run. The value of perimeter defenders went up before the 3p revolution because of him.

22 might be a little high tho

So two things that I don't think get enough attention with his legacy...

Until Curry came along, Wade was the GOAT combo guard. I believe he was the 1st to lead a team to a title, at least since the merger.

He changed the league with his 2006 finals run. The value of perimeter defenders went up before the 3p revolution because of him.

22 might be a little high tho

His prime is a little short. Didn’t play as many games as you think. But three titles help. He might have the greatest 2 Guard season ever in 08-09. Defensive menace in his prime. Only downside is the shooting

I’ll update this last, but I got Steph 15 right now. Huge leap for him.

He was the original rim runner (the league wasn't ready for it) and then had a little extra on his skill set. Wonder what he would have been without 7 seconds or less.

Dude, that SSOL offense was some of the most entertaining basketball I can remember. Nash running point for that brand of offense was a perfect combo.

Dude, that SSOL offense was some of the most entertaining basketball I can remember. Nash running point for that brand of offense was a perfect combo.

If Robert Sarver would have freaking paid Joe Johnson they win two titles.

This was the 2005 Suns top 8

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson
Shawn Marion
A'mare Stoudemire
Leandro Barbosa
Quentin Richardson
Steven Hunter
Jim Jackson

In 2004, the Suns traded the #7 pick (that turned in Luol Deng!) for the #31 pick, a 2005 first rounder (that was lottery protected and turned into the #21 pick) and $3M.

If this happened today sports Twitter would burn everything to the ground.

2005- The Suns traded the 21st pick, Quentin Richardson for Kurt Thomas & the 54th pick. That 21st pick was Nate Robinson. Why make the trade? They dumped Richardson to not pay the luxury tax

2006- The Suns have two first round picks this year (one is from the Joe Johnson trade originally was the Lakers they got from Atlanta). They trade it to Boston along with Brian Grant and a 2007 first rounder. That 2006 pick is Rajon Rondo.

They have the 27th pick. They draft Sergio Rodriguez (a perfect swingman for their system). They trade it for cash.

2007- They have the 24th pick...they trade it along with James Jones again to Portland for cash. No draft picks acquired. That pick is Rudy Fernandez. The 29th pick they used is Alando Tucker.

2008- They finally get to use the first rounder from Atlanta in the Joe Johnson trade (three years down the line). They take Robin Lopez.

Just complete malpractice.

Some changes for current guys

Steph moves from 25 to 15. I begrudgingly have to give his due with this team. Pretty impressive stuff at 34. Two titles as the best player, finally got Finals MVP. Still played elite ball. Had a down year, but still played great in the Finals and playoffs overall.

Giannis moved up 3 spots with another amazing regular season. If Middleton doesn't get hurt they go to the Finals and I truly believe that.

Chris Paul drops 2 spots. Harsh for one series, but that was such a stinker I had to do it.

Klay moved up one spot to 46. He wasn't "KLAY" but still third best player on a Finals team.

Westbrook dropped to 78. His inability to accept being a role player was some of the most selfish, unbelievably, naive mindsets I've ever seen from an NBA player. He goes down five spots.

Jokic moves up 12 spots to #86 and I will imagine he will get in the top 50 in 3-4 years.

Congrats to Joel Embiid for making it on the list and debuting at #87. He will probably be top 50 if he stays healthy.

Congrats to Jayson Tatum for being #98. Might be a little early for him but he was amazing this year and despite a terrible Finals I am doing a little projecting. He hit my five year minimum.

Devon Booker was going to have a chance but blew it.

Luka will definitely be in there after next year for sure (he's going top 75 probably immediately).

I dropped Harden down to 49. He quit on another team, he sucked when he got traded and once again no showed in the playoffs.

Dave Bing and Ben Wallace are no longer in the top 100...it was tough for two Pistons but Ben wasn't enough offensively and surprisingly had a short prime and Dave Bing, while solid and unfortunately on some terrible teams, just didn't have enough of an overall impact to keep his spot.

Very true. Also, neither Magic or Bird ever played on a team that didn't include at least two other Hall of Fame players. One man shows have never cut it. I sense a lot of hostility towards LeBron on here. I don't understand that.
Uh, Larry Bird helped improve the Boston Celtics to 32 more wins than the season before in his rookie year. One of the biggest turnarounds in NBA history. No McHale...No Parish.

Uh, Larry Bird helped improve the Boston Celtics to 32 more wins than the season before in his rookie year. One of the biggest turnarounds in NBA history. No McHale...No Parish.
Fine, but my comment still holds true, because the 1979-80 Boston Celtics had Nate "Tiny" Archibald and Dave Cowens who were both inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in 1991. Technically, Larry Bird had a 3rd Hall of Fame teammate on the 1979-80 Boston Celtics in Pete Maravich, who was inducted in 1987, but he was at the end of his career and didn't play much, so I won't count him .... Bird always had at least two Hall of Fame teammates with the Celtics. As did Magic with the Lakers.

VN Store

Back