Zero emotions

Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played

Shell shock does this to folks. They usually come out of it after a short while. When "we do" the hell will start to manifest itself. Right now all we have to bitch about is "the hire". Give us time. As for Hips position, "silence is golden", I hope he is too busy with important things to worry about the futility of responding to us. Jousting with us will be a losing game; some will like and some will dislike, he couldn't win. That is until he starts to win games, then for some but not all, he will be alright.

Reactions: kcvols1
Most Vol fans have been shocked into sadness over the Tennessee football programs demise
Suddenly fans realize no notable proven Head Coach was even interested in interviewing for the job at UT
Tennessee is now the old Kentucky.... WoW that Hurts
This is a bit heavy on the melodrama.

"They" clearly have been dumping something from the sky over Neyland and Haslam fields and the whole sports center for the last 15 years.

Me? I dont really feel much at all either. Heupel? eh, seems ok I guess. Signing day? Is there actually supposed to be some recruits sign here today? Not being facetious, didnt know there was any major gets or anything. Hopefully he will put things together a bit and doesnt make it embarrassing for those young guys who believe UT recruiters and come there to play and their hopes for the future.

Sure, I will probably watch a few games on TV in the fall if I remember what time they are playing but it is no longer something to plan around. Of course, I hope they win but I am not going to get too upset when they don't. My wife no longer has to worry about my being loud and screaming at the TV during a game. In fact, I might be too busy doing something else while the game is on to follow it that closely.

I am still glad to be from UT but eh, no need to get wild about it or anything.
Snow burns these days ?

CJH will do just fine, I'm realizing this hire is 50 times better than the previous three hires. Those hires were seriously a bunch of nobody's. It showed , they all had one above 500 season with a bunch of disarray mixed in the whole time.
This is actually the best position we've been in , in 15 yrs.
We cannot get any lower than where we have been.
I believe we have been cleansed of the previous Administration's incompetence.
Looking forward to the rebuild back to prominence.

Reactions: Alto1
yesterday, a radio station in Nashville asked a question..........

Tennessee fans, would you rather be 6-6 or 7-5 next season, but really boring again?
or
5-7 and light up the scoreboard and have more excitement for the future?
I just want us to look like we belong on the same field as our opponent for the entire game. Tired of 2nd half looking like a jr varsity taking on the Cowboys.

Reactions: vol1981
I just want us to look like we belong on the same field as our opponent for the entire game. Tired of 2nd half looking like a jr varsity taking on the Cowboys.

Cowboys suck, so might not be a massacre......;)

Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played

we haven't even played a game... he's not a splash hire but we aren't a splash team and have ncaa up our arses too. we have to give him a chance... the more I've looked into him, the more I like him. DC and other staff will be key though

He doesn't have the type of personality that is going to induce excitement or inspiration in either our current players or future recruits and that is why I believe he will fail miserably. I hope I'm wrong of course and I actually believe that his first season will be his best and our vols will probably get to a bowl with a 6-6 record. I believe it will all be even further downhill after that.

I think many don't know what to think. TN has struck out so many times with their head coaching hires most don't care anymore but still want to. There's no way to know what we got until we see the product on the field.

CJH was a very good player, runner up to the Heisman, an All-American, the AP Player of the Year and a Walter Camp Award winner. He led the Sooners to an undefeated season and a national championship. He played aggressive and coaches aggressive and he's offensive minded, obviously. I'm not familiar with Bob Stoops coaching tree as far as successes/failures but Bob was a winner with history under Bill Snyder and Steve Spurrier. CJH has 12+ years playing and coaching under Bob Stoops. We might have hired a very good coach who will restore Tennessee among the top 10 programs in college football. Certainly, his offenses are capable of scoring fast and furious. Point is we've hired a winner who has executed at the highest level on the biggest stage.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
For me, I think I have to see what Heupel can do on the field before I blindly fall back into the fold. I supported the past three coaching duds and this time, I have to see it to get excited about what he could bring here. I truly hope he is what we need and he is successful, but I need to see some progression

Reactions: Doberman
I was a little more concerned about Pruitts lack of emotions after Georgia State than i am about CJH emotion now. I think he knows hes got alot of work to do with keeping a roster togather and possible ncaa violations and possible sactions. Hes going to do his best but as of now he really doesnt know whats coming down the road with everything.

Reactions: vol24/7/365
The whining is endless by some posters...
He's the coach.....Today, tomorrow, and then some.

The state of the program = the state of the university leadership. The “bad” hires were across the university, from academics to athletics. Money Leeches sucked the life from this university and hopefully that is changing as I type this . We got a very good young coach and he has a leadership team to support him. Sometimes rock bottom is what it takes to start the climb back.

sounds like Vol nation got a coach who has had good success with QB's (e.g. Sam Bradford, UCF QB'S) and willing to go to
a program in need of a coach who knows how to develop players - so we can have a little hope
to any unease in the gut some may have

Reactions: tbh and Alto1

Good thread. Certainly not covered in dozens of others already.

I think it is the best hire of a HC in the last 35 years.

Reactions: Mightyvol and Alto1

haha, this past decade had made you numb. Honestly, having an indifferent feeling might be a good thing because you are unsure what to expect. It's probably isn't so much of a "we got played feeling" as much as it is the first time in over a decade the fan base was kept in the blind on all events leading to the coaching/AD change and search; this is a good thing. You will probably start the season with no expectations, therefore, you won't be disappointed but if we have a winning season, then you probably be excited. It sounds like a win, win.

Played? By who?

UT has hired a professional, accomplished AD from outside the "family" and their normal "network". He has all the appearances of running the AD like a business... which is what it is. He isn't treating it like a good ol' boy's club. That may be what you are sensing however if that is in fact what he's about... it is long overdue at UT.

Reactions: Bennessee01

You just don't want to feel like Charlie Brown kicking a football and neither does anyone else. We've earned our extreme skeptic stripes. We can support the coach and team without being all in at the same time.

VN Store

Back