Zero emotions

Elarbee said he left Odom at MO to go with CJH to UCF because he was very organized and a great teacher. Something Pruitt was not ..

Reactions: Alto1
Do you struggle with reading comprehension, or do you just enjoy making straw men to knock down?
I have great comprehension. I’m figuring you’re the one with the comprehension issues as you blatantly took what I said and twisted it. I also don’t have to resort to slander. After all, when you resort to slander you’ve already lost.

So disappointed in a CJH for pulling scholarship offer night before signing day on our TE committ. He is not playing the long game dropping young men like that, it is not like we don’t have space, bad optics! High school coaches lose faith in recommending our program as a result of these actions.

Reactions: Spawn
Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played

Clemson felt that way about Dabo Swinney too especially after getting mauled by WV in the Orange Bowl. A lot of their fans wanted him fired. His success was built on our demise with a lot of recruits that could have come here going there. Getting a good DC and OC also helped.

Honestly I'm going to wait a few years to see what he puts out on the field. He will need to beat Florida, Georgia or Alabama at least once in the next 4 years and not lose to USCe, Vandy or Kentucky.

Last edited:
I have great comprehension. I’m figuring you’re the one with the comprehension issues as you blatantly took what I said and twisted it. I also don’t have to resort to slander. After all, when you resort to slander you’ve already lost.
Don’t forget that the last two seasons UCF pretty much had backup qbs.

Are you trying to backpedal from your original statement since you've been made aware of the reality of Dillon Gabriel's career?

My mind was made up to be let down. Short of White introducing Nicky Saban, I was prepared to be underwhelmed. I hope CJH succeeds. I hope he ends up being the greatest coach to ever set foot in Neyland.
But until he does, I’ve resolved myself to reliving 1998. That being said, WE JUST WON THE NATTY BOYS & GIRLS!!!! Hows it feel you ask???!!??! It feels damn great. Go Vols and Tee for Heisman 👋

So disappointed in a CJH for pulling scholarship offer night before signing day on our TE committ. He is not playing the long game dropping young men like that, it is not like we don’t have space, bad optics! High school coaches lose faith in recommending our program as a result of these actions.

You are quick to judge. From several sports articles I've read, there is more to this story. It seems there may be some reasons behind dropping his commitment. Maybe more will come out.

Yes it is.
The best way to get over it?
Vol fans need to put their BIG BOY PANTS ON!!!!
CJH needs a fair shot to show what he can do.
The man has only been on the job for a couple of weeks and the whiners are making threads about their emotional displeasure with the hire.
I say GTF over it!
He is now THMFIC of The University of Tennessee football team for at least the next 3-4 years.
Deal with it, move forward and GBO!! 🍊🍊
That and Jack Daniels.

Reactions: Alto1
Maybe it wouldn’t feel as disappointing if we stopped comparing our team with the elites of college football...that we are not.
And haven’t been for the last 15 years. I hope he wins a National Championship for us, but right now I will be fine with a coach that doesn’t embarrass me with his stupid trash cans and face masks and his “ain’t gone and dunnit” press conferences. And say it with me now, he doesn’t ”love” Tennessee. We love Tennessee. He’s a hired gun who gets paid to (hopefully) put competent players on the field and win games. If he does that, I will buy him all the OU gear he wants.

Reactions: Pacer92
So fans had a say in the hiring of Hamilton/Hart/Currie/Fulmer/White or Kiffin/Dooley/Jones/Pruitt/Heupel?
No but they had a say in Negativity in an already bad situation taking us even further down the list with a lot of coaches and recruits

No but they had a say in Negativity in an already bad situation taking us even further down the list with a lot of coaches and recruits

I'd love to hear your theory on the "complementary property of fan negativity" and how it impacts the decision-making skills of ADs and coaches.

tenor.gif

Not sure what it is.. Josh Heupel does nothing for me. Honestly. It’s like I don’t care.... but I do

Anyone else been feeling like this? I get the runway for CJH hate is a long one but I’m not even talking about that and being unhappy with the hire. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. I feel like we are being played
Well, now that you have removed your emotions from the equation, you will be able to think clearly and make a proper assessment of the results of the new coach hire. Don't you feel that is for the best?

As Paul Harvey says, You need to know “ the rest of the story”. Dude didn’t have the grades and even Pruitt wasn’t going to sign him.

I think a big part of the way you feel right now is the bill left behind by Squidbilly and his associates still has to be paid by those who are left to pick up the pieces at Tennessee.

There isn't a clean break here yet. Difficult to look forward to the present and future when the past can't be put away yet.

Don't compare Jeremy Pruitt with Early Cuyler. That's an insult to Squidbillies everywhere.
*excellent reference, by the way!

Yeah sure. UT just spent 15 million dollars getting rid of its coaching staff and is going to end up spending another 10 million hiring a new staff just to play you and other knuckleheads for laughs. The athletic department is pulling out all stops to get this program back on track and you have a conspiracy theory. I have heard it all

Your wife is correct, chemtrails exist..... believe as you choose while we still have time
Well I guess we don't really have to worry about CJH's ability. In 3-4 years all of our wives andchildren will have been swallowed up by the bucktoothed worms that will surely spring forth from Alex Jones' chest anyway. The lizard king will fire our entire coaching staff and replace them with grey aliens. Dark times ahead I am afraid.

"The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance” - Carl Sagan

Last edited:

Freeze was mediocre when cheating his ass off.
No desire to ever have him here

This is a situation to watch. I hate these stories when they involve UT, and it seems odd that we added the juco WR just a few days ago, I think there may be more to the story that we won't be able to get answers to until he is cleared to enroll, shows up healthy, and performs well enough to get on the field I think at Memphis now. I know with all the transfers and these late pickups we are close to being out of our 25 initials, but risking bad press seems odd right now. I wonder if this was a situation where communication between outgoing staff to those here now got us in trouble. We shall see if it makes more sense later, but we are already going to have paid the price today.

You've got enough emotions to start a thread about your lack of emotions. BVS is what you're feeling. Take two Advils and call me in three years.

We should start comparing ourselves to South Carolina and this board will be a much more boring and sleepy place that nobody wants to visit. No fire, no emotion. I'm sure that's exactly what @Freak wants as he watches his ad revenue drop like a rock. Apathetic Tennessee fans who no longer care about winning and losing, no longer care about spending 1,000s of dollars to go to Knoxville to support their team. Just resign yourself to always sucking and pick a new sport to watch cause this show will never be any better LOL whatever.

So, why do you think this justifies an entire thread? Your sense of self importance should concern our more than Heupel’s emotions.

VN Store

Back