Zay

Normally I agree with you about her, but Jaz did am awful lot of really nice things on the court tonight. But they need another scorer from the perimeter for games where they don't have a height advantage.

That’s where Horston and Burrell have to both step up when either are on the floor with Jaz. Davis will get here and so will the posts but Burrell and Horston must look to be scorers when on the floor with Jaz.

Why in the hell were you speculating it was grades? Best to keep your trap shut until the facts are known. Have some respect for the players.

Make me shut my trap? Who the hell are you ? U talk big on the internet. Find someone else please or just ignore my posts but you bests watch your mouth before you speak to me #thanks

Acting like grades have never been an issue for some of our players. Get the hell out of LALA land and wake tf up. Its a reasonable assumption so get tf over it .

Reactions: orangealways
They sure needed a ball handler .. 28 turnovers. A good team would have lit them up .. cant stand the sloppy play ... 28 TO' s .. my goodness Kelly teach them how to dribble and pass .. UCONN will put on a clinic on fundamentals ... we need to find out how they coach fundamentals ... 28 turnovers ?? Really ?

They sure needed a ball handler .. 28 turnovers. A good team would have lit them up .. cant stand the sloppy play ... 28 TO' s .. my goodness Kelly teach them how to dribble and pass .. UCONN will put on a clinic on fundamentals ... we need to find out how they coach fundamentals ... 28 turnovers ?? Really ?

Like they did against CAL🤔 Not knocking UConn and they have potential but they are trying to find their way just like a lot of other teams. This isn’t your typical UConn team however I think by March they will look different too. No they didn’t have 28 turnovers but when was the last UConn team that didn’t shoot well, or shoot free throws well or had anywhere close the amount of assists as turnovers?

Normally I agree with you about her, but Jaz did am awful lot of really nice things on the court tonight. But they need another scorer from the perimeter for games where they don't have a height advantage.

Agree - Jaz had a helluva stat line tonight!

Attachments

• 74E02550-2605-4FBE-A590-4CBF7309A9DA.jpeg
    74E02550-2605-4FBE-A590-4CBF7309A9DA.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 12
screw this. Jasmine may not be a prolific scorer, but she racked a F*** ton of assists and rebounds tonight. She was a good tempo control and decent floor general.
She’s learning from one of UT’s best PGs. She’s going to only get better. Slow and steady wins the race.

Agree - Jaz had a helluva stat line tonight!

She had a good all round game. It is worth remembering she did not play all that much last season. Evina had the role whenever it was crucial. So, she is still learning. She made great passes and worked hard on defense. Still somethings to clean up but a lot now rest on her shoulders.

Tonight bodes well.

Zaay's rehab this season may force other players to work harder to develop consistent shooting. If they can just knock down the wide-open looks given when the opponent sags off of them, that will give our volume shooters room to operate. A few reserves still forcs interior shots when covered, but most are being pretty smart. Still, got to make the defense respect you and can't pass up every open shot.

Thought Rennia did a great job of letting the game come to her. Smooth as silk and just as comfortable. Team was unselfish and hunted good shots (excluding the forced transition passes) and had some great series with crisp passing that forced ND to work hard.

As others have said, many of those turnovers were the result of being aggressive, including the charges and trying to pound the ball inside to Tamari. Some...but not many...lazy passes or lack of effort. Horston had one errant pass to Brown, who appeared to be cutting baseline but wasn't looking for the pass. They'll get better communication with more time together. Of course, it helped that Jordan immediately stole back the outlet pass. That's the type of effort that offsets aggressive turnover.

Yes, we need to play better, absolutely. And shoot better. And hit our free throws. But the spirit, energy, intensity, and willingness to learn are visible. This team wants to win, hates to lose, and support each other. That's going to help them improve each day. And they look like they're having a blast doing it!

Very encouraged so far. Bumps in the road lie ahead, but this team looks to be a resilient bunch.

Stainless steel Lady Vols.

Prayers for Zaay. Stay strong, and we can't wait to see you back dressed to stymie opposing guards with your speed.

And be careful on the court during those post-game celebrations! Almost gave us a heart attack, and a few of your teammates looked worried there. But your enthusiasm is contagious!! You can be the LV spirit animal this year while you rehab. LVFL!

Here's hoping for a successful rehab for Zay. Meantime she can use player downtime as an opportunity. More time for study of course but also for time to
build up her upper body strength. Zay is very attractive. She should have no problem getting a rebounder as she spends lots of time becoming an outstanding free throw and 3 point shooter. Perhaps a guy on the male practice team.

Reactions: creekdipper
Here's hoping for a successful rehab for Zay. Meantime she can use player downtime as an opportunity. More time for study of course but also for time to
build up her upper body strength. Zay is very attractive. She should have no problem getting a rebounder as she spends lots of time becoming an outstanding free throw and 3 point shooter. Perhaps a guy on the male practice team.

What does this have to do with anything? Did you mean to type “athletic“ instead of “attractive?”

VN Store

Back