Zach Azzanni new WR Coach

wr coach to d1 OC isn't an upgrade?[/QUOTE

wr coach at Florida to OC at Western Kentucky? It's a push if you ask me especially since he was let go after 1 year at Western.

I don't know the details as I assume you do. Other coaches, philosophies, family, big picture, any other issues...I don't know.

I know coaches seem to like him. I know he was OC of a 7-1 team and his offense had the nation's 2nd leading rusher while at WKU, and getting an OC position in D1 is always an upgrade over WR coach, especially when you get the job at 35 years old.

Why has this question not been answered? "Real factual information" would be nice.

I have answered why I do not think this is a good hire. Just read and you will see why I think that. In short he is a weak recruiter at best. In college football you don't have four lateral moves in 4 years if you're a great recruiter. Doesn't happen

Reactions: 1 person
Urban said Azzanni was great but only wanted him for one year. Bielema say's he is great but didn't take him to Arkansas. Actions speak louder then words

typical someone brings something to the table to answer your question and you look for negatives. Urban retired and Bert has Jim Chaney who is a different OC than the one in Wisconsin for one and how do you know he didnt want him? They havent hired a WR coach yet and Azzani has more allegience to Jones. Plus who wouldnt choose TN over Arky to coach with the coach you had tons of success with

Urban hired him for one year as a wr coach. Urban didn't need him to recruit at Florida they already had that covered. When Urban went to TOSU he didn't try to hire Azzanni. Bieliemi hired Azzanni for one year at Wisconsin but didn't want him on his staff at Arkansas. Do you see a pattern here? Look at his actual recruiting record not coach speak from Urban. Terrible hire

I think your time line may be wrong. He went to UW when Meyer was not coaching. He had to have a job.

Reactions: 1 person
why not. He has ties to the SEC, is an up and coming coach, has been praised by Meyer and Bielema.

Why not?

I don't care how much praise he has neither coach wanted him more then 1 year. The only ties he has to the SEC is 1 year at Florida where he was responsible for signing ZERO recruits.

I lack midol and a yampon. You are the one that is uptight. I just stated the obvious. It's another VN ***** session. I didn't say you were in it. I just told you it was coming.

It was a reply to my post. That was insinuating I gonna biatch about the hire. Tbh I'm thrilled it's not another Cincy guy.

I don't care how much praise he has neither coach wanted him more then 1 year. The only ties he has to the SEC is 1 year at Florida where he was responsible for signing ZERO recruits.

where are your facts to prove Bert didnt want him this yr? Bert just hired his OC. You hire a OC before a WR coach.

I think your time line may be wrong. He went to UW when Meyer was not coaching. He had to have a job.

My timeline is right I know when he went to Wisconsin. Did Meyer call Azzanni when he was hired at TOSU? Nope and Bielema didn't take him to Arkansas.

VN Store

Back