Zaay to TexasA&M

I'll never, ever relate to adult fans who get angry at a kid for changing schools -- so angry that they actively dislike them and actually put out into the universe that they hope the kid fails at the new school. That just blows my mind. I mean, seriously?????

I can never think of college-age people as anything but newbies to early adulthood, just starting out, and in the early years of learning how to make the best choices for themselves. Many college-age students put on a front like they're all cool and smart and ready to be adults, but in reality, most are not. They may look like grown-ups, but they're not. Many are going to make a few dumb decisions along the way to the actual adulthood that begins once they have careers and financial responsibilities of their own.

In my mind, these not-quite-ready-for-adulthood college-age students shouldn't even have the ability, no matter WHAT decisions they make, to make real adults angry. Disappointed? Sure. But feeling actual anger toward them for changing schools and then daring to be excited about their new team? That's just never going to be something this old bird will do. I wish them ALL well for the rest of their lives.

I'll never, ever relate to adult fans who get angry at a kid for changing schools -- so angry that they actively dislike them and actually put out into the universe that they hope the kid fails at the new school. That just blows my mind. I mean, seriously?????

I can never think of college-age people as anything but newbies to early adulthood, just starting out, and in the early years of learning how to make the best choices for themselves. Many college-age students put on a front like they're all cool and smart and ready to be adults, but in reality, most are not. They may look like grown-ups, but they're not. Many are going to make a few dumb decisions along the way to the actual adulthood that begins once they have careers and financial responsibilities of their own.

In my mind, these not-quite-ready-for-adulthood college-age students shouldn't even have the ability, no matter WHAT decisions they make, to make real adults angry. Disappointed? Sure. But feeling actual anger toward them for changing schools and then daring to be excited about their new team? That's just never going to be something this old bird will do. I wish them ALL well for the rest of their lives.

Zaay made a bad judgement mistake and had to leave, and went to a school that was not a direct rival, an SEC foe yes, but not a true rival school,,,I can be, and am ok with that.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
troll troll troll our boat
roughly on the streams
perilly perilly perilly perilly
crapping on our dreams

The truth is only offensive to liars and their apologists.

We can't all be like the mighty CJ and focus on sharing our disjointed ramblings and hope that some fools will take us seriously because we have "coach" in our screenname. Unlike you, I don't care what strangers on the internet think of me and my ego isn't driven by how many people agree or disagree with what I have to say. If I did I wouldn't give the opinions that I give, would I? If people agree, wonderful, but I'm not losing sleep over it either way. I'm certainly used to Tennessee fans accepting mediocrity given that I've been a UT fan my whole life and our athletic department has generally done nothing of note in over a decade.

Reactions: volmanNC and olddog
The truth is only offensive to liars and their apologists.

We can't all be like the mighty CJ and focus on sharing our disjointed ramblings and hope that some fools will take us seriously because we have "coach" in our screenname. Unlike you, I don't care what strangers on the internet think of me and my ego isn't driven by how many people agree or disagree with what I have to say. If I did I wouldn't give the opinions that I give, would I? If people agree, wonderful, but I'm not losing sleep over it either way. I'm certainly used to Tennessee fans accepting mediocrity given that I've been a UT fan my whole life and our athletic department has generally done nothing of note in over a decade.
giphy.gif

Cooper missed a year with a torn ACL then was kicked off the team/school. She had to sit out a year at SC. Dawn applied for a waiver and wasn't granted one. When she took the floor for SC she hadn't played in two seasons and was okay, not spectacular before she left again for Baylor as a grad transfer. That appears to have worked out better for all involved last season.

Green looked very good as a freshman most of the time and will likely help A&M. Tranferring back closer to her home may work in her favor if the school applies for waiver. The transfer game isn't one I am crazy about and believe there should be no waivers given unless there are extreme circumstances that requires the athlete to be back close to home for family or health related sreasons.

I can understand the disappointment in Massengill, Westbrook and Collins from fans. But Green, Cooper, and Hayes all made some bad decisions that likely cost them a spot on the team.
The names in your last paragraph are starting fives plus.
dang dang and double dang.

Cooper missed a year with a torn ACL then was kicked off the team/school. She had to sit out a year at SC. Dawn applied for a waiver and wasn't granted one. When she took the floor for SC she hadn't played in two seasons and was okay, not spectacular before she left again for Baylor as a grad transfer. That appears to have worked out better for all involved last season.

Green looked very good as a freshman most of the time and will likely help A&M. Tranferring back closer to her home may work in her favor if the school applies for waiver. The transfer game isn't one I am crazy about and believe there should be no waivers given unless there are extreme circumstances that requires the athlete to be back close to home for family or health related sreasons.

I can understand the disappointment in Massengill, Westbrook and Collins from fans. But Green, Cooper, and Hayes all made some bad decisions that likely cost them a spot on the team.
The names in your last paragraph are starting fives plus.
dang dang and double dang.

So we can't be disappointed in their decision making?
I apologize if my response implied that. Certainly I've been disappointed in actions by teams and coaches I've rooted for before myself and believe all of those I mentioned would have helped the team immensely over the past few years.

Reactions: volman128
Really do you think Candace Parker or Catchings would have been release if she had done the same misdemeanor by CPS ?

If Candace or Catchings did the same I don't think anyone would know about it. but, again, they were more discipline. Nowadays, players dosen't care they just want to leave and taste another school. Imagine how NCAA will turn out if the rules says transfer will play immediately and get paid too as they're fighting to pay them. There will never be a serious competition anymore.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
If Candace or Catchings did the same I don't think anyone would know about it. but, again, they were more discipline. Nowadays, players dosen't care they just want to leave and taste another school. Imagine how NCAA will turn out if the rules says transfer will play immediately and get paid too as they're fighting to pay them. There will never be a serious competition anymore.

It's going to be like and old Godzilla or Gamera movie,,,one guy says hay lets go over here and the mass will follow them...UK and Duke/NC men's BB in the women's game.....The good thing is that U TN has been a power for a very long time

Reactions: feathersax
Wow. Not even going to give the young woman a chance, huh? I mean, it IS possible to learn from costly, embarrassing mistakes and turn a negative into a positive. I have high hopes for Zaay!
Got in trouble myself back in 1968 as a teenager. I hope the best for Zay. I learned from my error and changed and she will also. I'm looking at it in a positive light for her.

College station is not close to her home . Thats about a 4-6 hour drive from Dallas/Duncanville . Wondering why she skipped over Baylor and UT .

College Station to Duncanville is fairly close. Like 2.5 to 3 hours at most. I lived in North Fort Worth and could make it to College Station in 2.5 hours.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back