Youtube TV

Thanks, we are sitting here debating on going ahead and signing up for it.. Just wanting to see what other folks are saying about it before we jump into it.
It’s worth it. Also, unlike Netflix they encourage sharing. You can have something like 4 people on one account.

I have it. I think I can watch / record all the games. Includes local channels. Does not include ESPN+. Had to get a separate subscription for the Austin Peay game.

I think you can get the NFL Sunday Ticket without actually signing up for YTTV.

I have it. I think I can watch / record all the games. Includes local channels. Does not include ESPN+. Had to get a separate subscription for the Austin Peay game.

You didn't need a separate subscription to ESPN+ for the Austin Peay game. All you needed was the free ESPN app and then to choose the SECN+ feed. Any game airing on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPN News or SECN/SECN+ is free on the ESPN app with your YouTube TV subscription.

Last edited:

I streamed the AP game on SEC+ (included with youtube tv)

Reactions: camp_steveo
I got rid of Xfinity last winter and switched over. Worth it in my opinion. Have had no issues with it. Def worth the try.

Like others have said, if you use your phone or PC you can get on there and customize your guide, and even take channels off your guide that you'll never use to clean it up. It will also learn over time what shows/games you watch and you won't even have to use your guide.

I've had it for 3 years, my only complaint is I believe it was like $55 when I first signed up. It takes a little getting used to navigating vs the simplicity of cable, but after 6 months it'll be a breeze. Also I learned the DVR is unlimited but eventually you will lose access to recordings. Example one day last month I wanted to watch the TN vs LSU game from last year and it said it had expired. Kind of a bummer. But, alas, they are all on YouTube.

YouTube TV is great. I’m not sure I’ve heard of anyone who has been disappointed in it that subscribed. Very user-friendly. You can set it to record any game of a specific team you follow in a few clicks. And the new multi-box features for sports they have rolled out has been a true game changer. Basically, if you love sports, there is not a better service out there to own.

Thanks, we are sitting here debating on going ahead and signing up for it.. Just wanting to see what other folks are saying about it before we jump into it.
To me it’s the best streaming service on the market a little pricey, but it is totally worth it. You have unlimited DVR and when you set to record a show, it will record every single episode that comes on TV of that show.

I am thinking about doing that myself. My oldest son loves it but like say be sure your internet provider is strong (Xfinity,ATT)

Its great for college football. I've had it in the past and used it when Spectrum and ESPN had their dispute. They have a new thing where you can watch 4 games at once on split screen, its great! Just make sure your internet is fast enough for streaming.
Yea, the 4-screen view is great - you can click on any screen and pull it up to full screen then hit the back button and go back to the 4 game view. And you can toggle between the 4 games to get the audio for the game you want. Pretty cool option and there were about six different versions to choose from last Saturday. Hopefully we will be able to build our own 4 screen view in the near future.

I installed the ESPN+ app on my Ipad and phone. In the setup it asks for your TV provider - I selected YouTube TV. When I went to pull up the Tennessee game against AP on ESPN+ (on my iPad), it asked for my TV PW and then I was able to watch the game without the ESPN+ subscription. Must be some kind of deal between ESPN and YouTube TV. I didn't try it on my TV but I guess if I install ESPN+ on my TV it would work.

PS: MY wife came home and I had the TV with 4 games on a split screen and was watching Tennessee on my Ipad - she said "I just don't get it" I assured her she didn't!

Reactions: camp_steveo
I love it. This year I'm splitting it with my neighbor. $37.50/month, unlimited everything. And I pay $15/mo for the Disney+ bundle that gives me ESPN+ content.

I installed the ESPN+ app on my Ipad and phone. In the setup it asks for your TV provider - I selected YouTube TV. When I went to pull up the Tennessee game against AP on ESPN+ (on my iPad), it asked for my TV PW and then I was able to watch the game without the ESPN+ subscription. Must be some kind of deal between ESPN and YouTube TV. I didn't try it on my TV but I guess if I install ESPN+ on my TV it would work.

PS: MY wife came home and I had the TV with 4 games on a split screen and was watching Tennessee on my Ipad - she said "I just don't get it" I assured her she didn't!
You don't need ESPN+ if you have youtubeTV. Don't pay for it unless you want the other sports they offer. The AP game was on SEC+, which is free if you have youtubeTV, just download the ESPN app and log in with your ESPN account and your youtubeTV account.

Reactions: VolNExile
You don't need ESPN+ if you have youtubeTV. Don't pay for it unless you want the other sports they offer. The AP game was on SEC+, which is free if you have youtubeTV, just download the ESPN app and log in with your ESPN account and your youtubeTV account.
Yea, that’s what I was trying say…

There is a misconception with some regarding ESPN+ and the ESPN app. And it doesn't help that ESPN pushes you toward the ESPN+ paid-nonsense, IMO.

The app you download is the ESPN app. It's free. It offers games to view freely if you already have a paid subscription that includes ESPN through whatever provider. So... if you already have YouTube TV, and it includes ESPN... or you already have Hulu, and it includes ESPN, then when games are televised on SECN+, all you have to do is get on the ESPN app, and choose to watch the game on any feed that ISN'T ESPN+. It will ask who your 'provider' is... you select YouTube TV or whatever, and then off you go. The ESPN app still makes some games a bit obscure because ESPN sucks to high heaven. But, just navigate down to 'NCAA Football' and you will find what you want. Same with baseball and basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATCVolinmn
Pretty much the only thing YouTube TV doesn’t have is regional sports networks. If you want those channels then you should do fuboTV. If you don’t care about those channels then go with YouTube TV.
Yep, that's the only problem I haven't watched more than a couple regular season Braves games over the last couple of years but other than that. I really like it.

It doesn't have History channel and didn't have the Hallmark channels when I signed up so I subscribed to Frndly for like $6 or so a month for those as a supplement.

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back