Young/Anderson/Hyatt

Here is my thoughts on it all. When you are in little league or high school, you play the game because you enjoy it. If you are good enough, you play it in hopes of getting a scholarship to play in college. If you are good enough in college, you play to make it pro and get paid big money.
To play in college or pro, you are playing football as entertainment, you are playing for the fans. College and pro put teams together to make money. If the fans arent there, no money can be made, then there is no team. So yes, I am allowed to not like opt outs because these players are playing for my entertainment. If I am spending the money, I want to get my moneys worth. Without us fans, there is no meaningful college or pro football.

We get it. You hate Milton. You make it known at every single opportunity you get. Get the f—-k over it, or go root for another team. Seriously, your shtick is getting old, & the off season hasn’t even started yet. Stop acting like this team owes you something.

Btw, i would be willing to bet you a year’s salary that Milton being the QB had absolutely NOTHING to do with Hyatt opting out
. I’m willing to bet it did. Milton stinks and you will see that for 60 minutes against Clemson we will be lucky to score 24 .

Here is my thoughts on it all. When you are in little league or high school, you play the game because you enjoy it. If you are good enough, you play it in hopes of getting a scholarship to play in college. If you are good enough in college, you play to make it pro and get paid big money.
To play in college or pro, you are playing football as entertainment, you are playing for the fans. College and pro put teams together to make money. If the fans arent there, no money can be made, then there is no team. So yes, I am allowed to not like opt outs because these players are playing for my entertainment. If I am spending the money, I want to get my moneys worth. Without us fans, there is no meaningful college or pro football.

Your post is spot on. But I will contend now that the TV money in sports now make it more difficult to hold account for things we don't agree with.

I was a little surprised both of them decided to play. I don’t hold it against Jalen at all. If I was in his shoes I’d probably do the same thing

It works closer to this.

I don't like asparagus (but I know what it is, Coach Pruitt) and i never order it.

I'm allowed not to like it but I don't have the right to tell a restaurant, where I spend my money, not to put it on the menu because I spend my money there. I can not eat there...... but the steak is really good. My not liking asparagus is really my problem, not the restaurant's problem so why complain to them?

As fans or customers, we don't have the right to insist someone play or not play just because we're a customer. Sure, we can vote with our dollars but the experience of watching the Vols is great and my disliking opt outs is my problem so why complain about it?

It's yelling at the clouds.

If a kid wants to skip the Bowl game then its their decision. I personally would rather watch a player that is not worried about getting hurt and puts it all on the line for UT, as opposed to a great player that will give less than a 100% because they don't want to get hurt before the draft. JMO

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It works closer to this.

I don't like asparagus (but I know what it is, Coach Pruitt) and i never order it.

I'm allowed not to like it but I don't have the right to tell a restaurant, where I spend my money, not to put it on the menu because I spend my money there. I can not eat there...... but the steak is really good. My not liking asparagus is really my problem, not the restaurant's problem so why complain to them?

As fans or customers, we don't have the right to insist someone play or not play just because we're a customer. Sure, we can vote with our dollars but the experience of watching the Vols is great and my disliking opt outs is my problem so why complain about it?

It's yelling at the clouds.

Here is the problem with that. Some people do like asparagus, some dont. Does that mean that some people like opt out and some dont? In all honesty, I think some people tolerate opt outs or understand why the player is doing it but do you think people really get excited or look forward to players opting out of a bowl game?

thanks
(At the players expense though? At player expense multi million insurance will be quite expensive)

but still one guy on TV literally every day………many guys opting out gots like free pizza NIL deals.

Just saying at player expense because if not heck every single athlete on the team should get some.
Very few players have the potential future earnings value to warrant the loss of income insurance.

Here is the problem with that. Some people do like asparagus, some dont. Does that mean that some people like opt out and some dont? In all honesty, I think some people tolerate opt outs or understand why the player is doing it but do you think people really get excited or look forward to players opting out of a bowl game?
Some folks feel like they own the dang restaurant because they eat there a lot. They don't. If the restaurant changes the menu or a chef leaves, you either adapt or go elsewhere.

There's no going elsewhere for me so I adapt.

Do I like it? No. Do I complain about it in public? Why? Does it help?

Does it help make the next chef stay or just make my experience worse?

You decide.

What are your thoughts that Bryce Young and Will Anderson are opting to play in the Sugar Bowl, but Hyatt is opting out? It’s been exciting to watch the success we’ve had and then feel a bit disappointment when our star WR won’t be playing. Young and Anderson are projected top 5 picks. Are Young and Anderson crazy for playing one more time for their team? I’m thinking the unfortunate injury Tillman had this year had a factor in Hyatt’s opting out.

Nick Saban proud of lack of Sugar Bowl opt-outs, praises competitive spirit of Bryce Young, Will Anderson
Saban is going to send out this year’s team to try to look as good as possible and prove to the committee that they should have picked them. Heupel is forced to send out next year’s team because of Hooker’s injury, so we stand to benefit from Hyatt and Tillman giving more snaps to Squirrel and Keyton, respectively. Wright is a bit different because offensive linemen have to operate as a group by default, so he gains more from showing what he can do with his current line (especially with Milton’s arm keeping the box defenders sparse) than he would be able to do in an all star game.

Overall, I'm not a fan of "opting out". I can understand the thinking behind it but, for me, there's that nagging feeling you're bailing on your boys at the end..

It is what it is though and I surely don't lose any sleep over it...

Reactions: cgrish
Maybe that’s the problem with our generation, they haven’t been taught to honor the commitments we make, what is the value of your word? integrity has high value in the big picture of life and as someone who is not loaded, money can’t buy you everything but in the end the only thing that matters is how and what people remember you for while here.
I agree, the players talk about all the “love” they have for each other and how they play for each other, then that quickly becomes about me only. Just saying!

I agree, the players talk about all the “love” they have for each other and how they play for each other, then that quickly becomes about me only. Just saying!
Maybe more about 'money' than 'me'...

However, depending on your values, those two could be the same thing.

Very few players have the potential future earnings value to warrant the loss of income insurance.

Well yea
However if it were offered to “some” for free then any player should take some.

I was saying I take it as “at players expense.”

If not “how” could they determine who could get some and who couldn’t…….when everyone would want it.

Reactions: SpookyAction
You know what these games are discounted from day one. At no point this year, my assumption, did any coach/player say let's win the Orange Bowl. That was never a team goal. The only bowls associated with team goals are the playoffs. And I doubt those are stated team goals. It's win the division and win the conference. So not a goal. It's why, despite what some clown is here think, no player or coach is mad at someone sitting out. To each their own.

If the goal was winning the division/conference and the Vandy game meant nothing at that point of the season why play against them either??

What are your thoughts that Bryce Young and Will Anderson are opting to play in the Sugar Bowl, but Hyatt is opting out? It’s been exciting to watch the success we’ve had and then feel a bit disappointment when our star WR won’t be playing. Young and Anderson are projected top 5 picks. Are Young and Anderson crazy for playing one more time for their team? I’m thinking the unfortunate injury Tillman had this year had a factor in Hyatt’s opting out.

Nick Saban proud of lack of Sugar Bowl opt-outs, praises competitive spirit of Bryce Young, Will Anderson
I bet Young and Anderson have nil deals that pay them well to play in the bowl. They could win without Anderson but not without Young IMO.

I don't like it, but it's not my potential earnings at risk.

Bout how I feel about it…..but also don’t think it makes much sense to only worry about the bowl game and not regular season games. After he had a 5TD game vs the inbreds his draft stock could never be higher??

I get it but I don’t agree. Kinda like someone saying our biggest bowl game in 15-20 years and it’s result “doesn’t matter”….we go beat the brakes off Clemson in a NY6 bowl and finish with a top 4-5 ranking a month prior to 2nd signing day puts our program in a different light than losing it does.

I feel like if Hooker was healthy he'd definitely play. I also think that Tillman would play if healthy and Hyatt as well. I think Hyatt watching Tillman struggle with injury all season and seeing Hook go down with a catastrophic injury spooked him. But I could be wrong. Either way, love Jalin and the decision is his to make.

Young and Anderson are too 5 picks no matter what. Hyatt can still move up in the combines as long as he is healthy. It’s not the same thing.

VN Store

Back