Youch - Luke, Odom and Morris all fired this season...

I was wondering who good ole Coach "Youch" was myself. Never heard that term till now. But I may start using it.

Kiffin has it made right now at FAU. Plus he is under contract until 2027 and he has stated in interviews he has no intention of leaving anytime soon. Of course we have heard other coaches say that same exact thing before.
Yes, but that would be more than $ 10 million to buy out his 10 year contract. That FAU AD was smart. Hiring Kiffin would cost $ 20 million at a minimum.

Or damn near anyone else at QB. (not blue font) Bama's problem this year started to show in the championship game last January... DEFENSE.....
This year their defense has look just average, maybe less than average. Throw in average special teams ( a little problem for some years) and you get what you have seen from them this year.

Yep
Bama's played 3 top 25 teams in 2019 and are 0-3 and gave up over 40 to all 3.
Clemson
LSU
Auburn

Realistically Vandy and uSCjr coulda fired their coaches too. Think Vandy made a good choice in keeping Mason. Dunno what the hell USCjr is doing by keeping Muschamp

Buyouts - both of which neither school seems willing to eat.

There have been a lot of bad firings this year IMO.

Taggart inherited a rebuilding job similar to the one Pruitt inherited, but got canned after 1.5 years. Morris did poorly, but he also inherited talent that was totally unsuited for his own offense and needed at least 3-4 years to conceivably succeed. Luke was the sacrificial lamb at Ole Miss; no coach was going to succeed there under probation, but Luke actually did a reasonable job. Odom got dealt a bad hand with Mizzou on probation.

Meanwhile, the coach that most deserves to get fired (Muschamp) gets to stick around for another year. Muschamp has inherited two programs in good shape and managed to turn them both into losing programs.

Charlie Strong deserved to get the ax. He ran the program that Willie Taggart built up into the ground.

Kiffin will definitely get a look somewhere; maybe Arkansas or Florida State. Norvell is about to get a big raise regardless of whether he stays or goes.

I think Taggart is a very good coach who got screwed over at FSU. Good chance South Florida rehires him.

Agree on Taggart and Luke.

Morris was beyond awful for Arky. The program has gone substantially down since he took over. They haven't won a single SEC game in over 2 years and had 4 wins total under Morris. Even for a rebuilding program, that is just pathetic.

There is a case to be made that Mizzou should've simply changed coordinators (Dooley unsurprisingly was horrendous). But the coordinator hires were Odom's, so the blame falls on him. And let's be real, did anyone really expect Odom to take Mizzou to more than 8-9 wins max?

Really. Check his success at bama and now at Fla At. He took a 3-8 team and turned them into 11-1 in his First Season; with the former guy's players. That my friend; isn't BS .
He wasn’t head coach at bama and 5-7 second season. That my friend is BS. But I don’t force my opinions on folks as fact. He’s been run off everywhere he’s been excep UT for a reason. That my friend; isn’t BS.😂

There have been a lot of bad firings this year IMO.

Taggart inherited a rebuilding job similar to the one Pruitt inherited, but got canned after 1.5 years. Morris did poorly, but he also inherited talent that was totally unsuited for his own offense and needed at least 3-4 years to conceivably succeed. Luke was the sacrificial lamb at Ole Miss; no coach was going to succeed there under probation, but Luke actually did a reasonable job. Odom got dealt a bad hand with Mizzou on probation.

Meanwhile, the coach that most deserves to get fired (Muschamp) gets to stick around for another year. Muschamp has inherited two programs in good shape and managed to turn them both into losing programs.

Charlie Strong deserved to get the ax. He ran the program that Willie Taggart built up into the ground.

Kiffin will definitely get a look somewhere; maybe Arkansas or Florida State. Norvell is about to get a big raise regardless of whether he stays or goes.

I think Taggart is a very good coach who got screwed over at FSU. Good chance South Florida rehires him.
They should make Kiffin post a million dollar bond forfeited if he leaves in X number of years.

Realistically Vandy and uSCjr coulda fired their coaches too. Think Vandy made a good choice in keeping Mason. Dunno what the hell USCjr is doing by keeping Muschamp
Muschamp will not be fired! He had one of the toughest schedules in all of football; while losing his top 2 quarterbacks while playing a 3rd string transfer in all 12 games.
they Lose to #1 Bama, #1 Clemson, Beat #3 Georgia, Ky, lose to Fla. Tenn. Texas A M. The only bad loss was to Appalachian State.
LMAO he lost to North Carolina AND Ap State but he made a HUGE mistake saying this was the best team he had in years and then fell flat on his face he SHOULD have been fired and they WILL be even worse next year so the nightmare will continue for the chickens!

Reactions: kcvols1
Glad we are not in this mess. Loving the turnaround Pruitt and staff accomplished with our program. The best is yet to come I think. GBO!!!
Not sure Ole Miss should not have fired Luke. They competed in every game. His first two seasons he was banned from bowls. I think they would have been pretty good next year.

Reactions: vettefool
Muschamp will not be fired! He had one of the toughest schedules in all of football; while losing his top 2 quarterbacks while playing a 3rd string transfer in all 12 games.
they Lose to #1 Bama, #1 Clemson, Beat #3 Georgia, Ky, lose to Fla. Tenn. Texas A M. The only bad loss was to Appalachian State.
App State was a top 25 team this year... so no bad losses really... good info btw

Reactions: kcvols1
I thought Odom should have fired OC Dooley 3 weeks ago and show effort to change the losing ways. I might have made it more difficult to fire him this year.

Chris Peterson just announced he is stepping down at Washington after the bowl. That is really weird. I bet he is USC's new coach.

Is App St a top25 team?

There's a hot rumor that Kiffin met with the Arkansas A.D. and university officials for four hours a day ago. I don't know where he is going to end up next year, but I'd bet money it isn't at FAU, just as Mike Norvell won't be in Memphis this time next year. And BTW, Kiffin can coach. Just because he stiffed the Vols doesn't change that fact.

Glad we are not in this mess. Loving the turnaround Pruitt and staff accomplished with our program. The best is yet to come I think. GBO!!!

If Meyer were to return, I could see him taking the FSU job. He knows Florida. Tallahassee is a great, warm city. He has never coached in the ACC. It is a big time program. It is in a lower pressure conference. It would be a huge story for him to go against Clemson and create a rivalry there. They could afford to pay him a LOT of money too.

IMO Luke was a multifaceted "win" hire for both him and the University. It bridges the gap with sanctions, adds a bit of stability, appeases Alumni as he is one, and it was essentially a multi year interim coach. If he was wildly successful, great, if not, it checks all of the other boxes. I think the player walking in the end zone lifting his leg like he was pissing after scoring a TD, for which the ensuing personnel foul essentially lost then the Egg Bowl this year, was the straw that broke the camels back... JMO...

VN Store

Back