Yall remember when many wanted Fuente

Yeah, his tenure at VT has been shocking. Further proof you never want to be the guy who follows the “guy” of a program. Shows you what Beemer accomplished there was impressive.
An offensive guy keeping Bud Foster was looking really promising. He should be challenging Clemson at this point.

Luck out? That’s exactly the attitude I’m calling out.

Two of those proven HCs are available RIGHT NOW in Meyer and Stoops. And others currently employed like Miles will listen to the right offer.

We have to TARGET our guy and go after him with everything we’ve got. Not frantically run around in a panic interviewing 20 unprovens among whoever is available atm after the current guy finally craps out. That’s the losers death spiral we’re currently in,

Bama did this 12 years ago when they went after Saban who was floundering in the NFL at Miami. Their HC carousel had become a clown circus after 4 loser HCs in a row including a guy who got fired before coaching a single game. The rest is history.

All you’re doing is providing more useless rationalizations and faux analyses about how something can’t be done instead of recognizing that it can be done and in fact quite easily if you’re willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals and won’t take no for an answer.
Butch Jones was a proven head coach that was hired from another P5 conference and look how they turned out..

That would have been a nice foundation to build on. Establish some decent success, stock the cupboard, show stability, Cut retires and we hire someone to run us to the top.

Oh well.

I think that's the sort of approach the boosters and admin need to consider. An established solid coach, may have to be from a lower level, but one with successful experience running a program. Maybe toward the end of his career. He gets the program back to respectable and there's a better chance for that home run hire everyone wants. Baby steps.

Yeah, but their recruiting is so bad, they just cant get it done. Duke is widely known as the worst college in the us for football. I dont watch a ton of their games, but.catch some for time to time. Thier team is usually fundamentally sound, they simply dont have good players, and not like this myth we have floating around here, they actually dont get good.players. Daniel Jones was good, but that is it off last years team.

Call the NY Giants, they're starting a Cutcliffe coached Duke QB. Benched Eli Manning for the youngster who brought them from behind for a win last week. Let 'em know he's no good. I'm sure they'll value your input.

Call the NY Giants, they're starting a Cutcliffe coached Duke QB. Benched Eli Manning for the youngster who brought them from behind for a win last week. Let 'em know he's no good. I'm sure they'll value your input.
As I said, the get a real good player every now ans then, like Daniel Jones last year, but ok

Luck out? That’s exactly the attitude I’m calling out.

Two of those proven HCs are available RIGHT NOW in Meyer and Stoops. And others currently employed like Miles will listen to the right offer.

We have to TARGET our guy and go after him with everything we’ve got. Not frantically run around in a panic interviewing 20 unprovens among whoever is available atm after the current guy finally craps out. That’s the losers death spiral we’re currently in,

Bama did this 12 years ago when they went after Saban who was floundering in the NFL at Miami. Their HC carousel had become a clown circus after 4 loser HCs in a row including a guy who got fired before coaching a single game. The rest is history.

All you’re doing is providing more useless rationalizations and faux analyses about how something can’t be done instead of recognizing that it can be done and in fact quite easily if you’re willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals and won’t take no for an answer.
That’s two coaches who aren’t coaching college ball right now. A heck of an assumption that they will again. Especially in the case of Stoops.

That’s two coaches who aren’t coaching college ball right now. A heck of an assumption that they will again. Especially in the case of Stoops.
Assumption? It’s our job to convince them and make them an offer they can’t refuse. That’s how winners get things done. Losers make assumptions. That’s why we’re a dumpster fire.

That’s the same loser thinking that’s trashed our historic Top 10 blue chip program. So no you’re wrong.
Tell me genius.. why would an A-list coach like Urban, Dabo come to this program and ruin their careers? How would you even recruit them? How much can Tennessee offer that Clemson or USC cannot offer? Your living a dream bud.

Tell me genius.. why would an A-list coach like Urban, Dabo come to this program and ruin their careers? How would you even recruit them? How much can Tennessee offer that Clemson or USC cannot offer? Your living a dream bud.
Well genius Bama convinced Saban to bail them out of their 4 loser HC dumpster fire including a guy who got fired b4 coaching a single game. TN is just as much a top 10 blue chip program as Bama. Meyer has said as much publicly and hinted that a top HC would have us turned around in a year.

Tell me genius who would turn down a 10 year $100 million offer to coach at one of the Top 10-15 storied FB programs of all time?

Proven winners aren’t scared by dumpster fires they look to put them out. They’re in it for the challenge as much as the money. But it takes a winner to know that.

Well genius Bama convinced Saban to bail them out of their 4 loser HC dumpster fire including a guy who got fired b4 coaching a single game. TN is just as much a top 10 blue chip program as Bama. Meyer has said as much publicly and hinted that a top HC would have us turned around in a year.

Tell me genius who would turn down a 10 year $100 million offer to coach at one of the Top 10-15 storied FB programs of all time?

Proven winners aren’t scared by dumpster fires they look to put them out. They’re in it for the challenge as much as the money. But it takes a winner to know that.

Apply for the AD position winner!... you got the Urban and Dabo to Tennessee on Lockdown!! "Top 10-15 storied FB program" means nothing at the current stage of Tennessee. Dabo/ Urban wouldn't come near this program with a 10 foot pole.

TN is just as much a top 10 blue chip program as Bama
You have got to be trolling me. What year is this? Blue chip historically means squat for the current state of a program and the current coaching hires.

Also, this is my last post to you. You have no idea what you are talking about and I don't want to waste my time.

Last edited:
Apply for the AD position winner!... you got the Urban and Dabo to Tennessee on Lockdown!! "Top 10-15 storied FB program" means nothing at the current stage of Tennessee. Dabo/ Urban wouldn't come near this program with a 10 foot pole.

You have got to be trolling me. What year is this? Blue chip historically means squat for the current state of a program and the current coaching hires.

Also, this is my last post to you. You have no idea what you are talking about and I don't want to waste my time.
Yada yada yawn

VN Store

Back