Yahoo sports predicts new Vol coach

Look Tennessee has amazing facilities and fans. No doubt.

But has some disadvantages right now.

When your going to get paid the same 6-7 million a year and you have ZERO ALLEGANCE to any school. Just saying there are more appealing options out there.

"Exponentially better"? Did Hyams write this?

Half-A$$ U. will never be exponentially better in potential than Tennessee.

As long as they were in a basketball-centric conference lacking quality football coaches and programs, it was an easier place to get national championship consideration.

The ACC has changed drastically since that point and with it the weaknesses of Florida State show up.

It is in a cow-pasture posing as a state capital. They have no major population bases within a 100 mile radius to draw from. There are two major programs down the road in the parts of the state where the best talent resides. They also have two more mid-major programs who are strong enough to beat them for that same talent when they are led by a strong coach.

As for a comparison between the two programs at the height of their abilities, Tennessee proved who was superior with a win in a championship game that wasn't as close as the final score.

Pretty much...

Gruden, Petersen, Patterson, Franklin (not coming), Gundy are the home runs for me. Frost has proven enough for me to also get me excited

Miles, Mullen, Schiano, Kiffin, Taggart, Marty Campbell are my "Okay, I'll accept and wait and see" tier

Tee Martin, Morris, Norvell, and just about anyone else is my "Struck out/Desperate" tier. (No offense against Tee, just don't want a HC experiment just Bc he's a VFL)

Last edited:
Yahoo cant even keep your email safe, but yet they want to predict a coach? How come you couldn't predict your own hack and prevent it Yahoo?

If we go with Norvell or Campbell and bypass Kiffin we have the dumbest AD in the country.

No matter how good Kiffin is, UT will not rehire him after the way he left Knoxville. Besides that, has Kiffin really shown he's grown up? He tweets as much as a teenager.

No matter how good Kiffin is, UT will not rehire him after the way he left Knoxville. Besides that, has Kiffin really shown he's grown up? He tweets as much as a teenager.

I believe Kiffen will win big somewhere.
I believe politics will prevent Kiffen from ever coaching Tennessee again.

Kiffen would probably be the best entertainment value hire of everyone available

Reactions: 2 people
If it’s Campbell I will officially hand in my fan card and let you all enjoy Butch 2.0

tumblr_on1olnhUz41qiwn71o1_400.gif

Who cares what some clown at Yahoo blabbers?

The evidence and money points to a serious coach. Gruden

So, what happens if Gruden turns out to be unfit for a position he has never held (HC at a major power 5 conference football program) and falls flat on his face. What then? There are several far more proven candidates than Gruden. We need to win games, not press conferences. Ten years is a LONG time between coaching gigs.

Reactions: 2 people
So, what happens if Gruden turns out to be unfit for a position he has never held (HC at a major power 5 conference football program) and falls flat on his face. What then? There are several far more proven candidates than Gruden. We need to win games, not press conferences. Ten years is a LONG time between coaching gigs.

I’ll err on the side of AWESOME!

i would be surprised if Campbell went anywhere this year. His buyout is 9+ million right away if he's hired somewhere else. For perspective Petersen's buyout is 1.5 million.

i would be surprised if Campbell went anywhere this year. His buyout is 9+ million right away if he's hired somewhere else. For perspective Petersen's buyout is 1.5 million.

We’re talking about paying Gruden $10 mil plus A YEAR.

We’re talking about paying Gruden $10 mil plus A YEAR.
If $10 million a year is possible, you should be able to get a sure bet, not the risk that is Gruden.

That’s Harbaugh and Saban money, proven college football coaches. Take $10 million and one of the best P5 coaches will jump.

VN Store

Back