Yahoo sports predicts new Vol coach

There is a huge difference between coaching against teams with Top 5 recruiting classes when you have a Top 10 class and coaching against teams with top 10-20 classes when yours are in the mid 50s. What Campbell has done at ISU is remarkable. And no matter where TCU finishes this year, Campbell beat a guy who is a Top 5 coach in the country.

This. It is impressive when you think about the caliber of recruits that Campbell is fielding versus his competition.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone thinks their choice is the best coach, people are going to be mad when their favorite isnt chosen

Last edited:
This. It is impressive when you think about the caliber of recruits that Campbell is fielding versus his competition.

And you can only grade the caliber of his recruits by the time he’s spent at a particular stop. Random example: say if Campbell had been in Aames for NINE seasons? Enough time to cycle through FOUR of his own full classes? :hmm:

The evidence and money points to a serious coach. Gruden

Ridiculous. Seriously, if you were Gruden, would you go to Knoxville? All the nutso fans would expect him to win a National Championship within three years. Would you want that kind of pressure on top of all the coaching duties? The pressure is too high and the rewards too low for him to seriously consider it. I used to think he was grinning and giggling about all this Tennessee chatter over him, but I bet he is no longer laughing. I bet he feels downright creeped out by it at this point.

Ridiculous. Seriously, if you were Gruden, would you go to Knoxville? All the nutso fans would expect him to win a National Championship within three years. Would you want that kind of pressure on top of all the coaching duties? The pressure is too high and the rewards too low for him to seriously consider it. I used to think he was grinning and giggling about all this Tennessee chatter over him, but I bet he is no longer laughing. I bet he feels downright creeped out by it at this point.

Maybe you should start a thread...:boredom:

Welcome to the SEC. Bama expects a National Championship within two years of hiring a coach.

No. Dan Mullen would be a Butch Jones situation. He's getting destroyed by one of the worst teams in the SEC, just like something that would happen to Butch Jones.

When has Butch Jones ever been part of a national championship?

A true Commodore fan

Reactions: 1 person
Yea he will decide between Florida speed or going back home.

I personally see him at Florida.

Why Tennessee would do good to go with
Miles or Schiano

I don't see a power 5 head coach leaving for Tennessee this year.

I do see coaches at power 5 schools using all the schools as leverage for raises

Trolling?

No. Dan Mullen would be a Butch Jones situation. He's getting destroyed by one of the worst teams in the SEC, just like something that would happen to Butch Jones.

First, Tennessee and Vandy are the worst teams. Ole Miss is not in that conversation. 2nd, his QB got hurt. 3rd, it's a rivalry. 4th, it happens. Ask Miami. Their coach is a Hall of Fame level and they lost to a bad Pitt team.

Is the Chris Peterson talk real? If so, that needs to be option 1. Over Gruden, over Kelly.

VN Store

Back