Yahoo Sports Exclusive regarding FBI Case in College Basketball

Heard the NCAA was ready to throw the book at Duke and punish them by making J J Reddick ineligible from this day forward.

That’ll be the day... :whatever:

In the entirety of athletics, college or pro, Coach K is beyond reproach...

That would really trouble me if Kentucky, Auburn and Alabama were all put on probation.

Wouldn't it be easier if we found the players at these institutions who weren't paid (and why) rather than the ones that were paid?

Always got a weird vibe from S. Miller. He really reeled in the recruits recently. Not shocking I guess.

Why does the FBI invest resources investigating This? There are so many bigger issues that need their attention more than this does. The money exchanged is beyond minimal and I'm not sure anyone is really being hurt by this. It's a waste of resources.

Why does the FBI invest resources investigating This? There are so many bigger issues that need their attention more than this does. The money exchanged is beyond minimal and I'm not sure anyone is really being hurt by this. It's a waste of resources.

I have no idea if this is the case, but if there is a significant amount of tax fraud that’s went on from these under the table loans and cash exchanges, then that’s your answer

Reactions: 1 person
I have no idea if this is the case, but if there is a significant amount of tax fraud that’s went on from these under the table loans and cash exchanges, then that’s your answer

That's a good point, but if that's the case there is a crap ton of money exchanged not yet reported. As of what is reported now its merely peanuts.

Tax fraud, wire fraud, money laundering to name a few.

That's a good point, but if that's the case there is a crap ton of money exchanged not yet reported. As of what is reported now its merely peanuts.

There’s no doubt. We’re just getting the initial flow of leaks

Thamels source said if teams who were involved missed the NCAA tourney, UT Chattanooga would be a 2 seed...

The (at least more) honest teams were hurt.

I'm curious to see how all of this plays out. Unless the NCAA completely kills the AAU circuit no way that this doesn't happen again. Even if there are too many teams/coaches/players to punish if its just a slap on the wrist what is keeping this from popping up again in a few years

I wonder when/who the next coach will be named. It seems that this will be leaked a little each week.

I think any fired assistant coaches that have there head coach coaching still will be a target

Bruce pearl and Oklahoma State Head Coach should be sweeting bullets

Sean Miller has a John Currie style deal.

Except he’s guaranteed even if he’s fired for cause AND he actually gets paid more if he’s fired for cause than no cause.

VN Store

Back