XFL 2023

Second game wasn't as good as the first but the crowd in Houston looked better. The Arlington crowd looked pretty not great.

Both of today's games should be pretty good crowds. SA supported the Commanders in the AAF and DC supported the Defenders pretty well.

Reactions: MAD
Second game wasn't as good as the first but the crowd in Houston looked better. The Arlington crowd looked pretty not great.

Both of today's games should be pretty good crowds. SA supported the Commanders in the AAF and DC supported the Defenders pretty well.
A. DC plays in a soccer stadium which helps.
B. WSH just wants a good football team 😂

Reactions: MAD
A. DC plays in a soccer stadium which helps.
B. WSH just wants a good football team 😂

Word was the Guardians would have stayed in NY (area) if they could have played at the Red Bulls stadium but the Red Bulls said "nope", and Tampa doesn't have a good enough soccer sized stadium for the Vipers to move to. I'm kind of surprised the Guardians are playing at the Citrus Bowl and not at Orlando City SC's stadium which is about 25K.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I'm enjoying this so far. A lot better than the original under Vince McMahon. Love the rule changes that heavily favor offense. Neat concept about the extra points. Definitely something fun to watch if you're in the mood for some football.

I'm enjoying this so far. A lot better than the original under Vince McMahon. Love the rule changes that heavily favor offense. Neat concept about the extra points. Definitely something fun to watch if you're in the mood for some football.
I just love the extra access. Hearing the play calls and explanations from the refs. A lot more transparency

Reactions: Pennheel
Here’s a look at the stats from some of the former Tennessee players in the first week of the XFL:
Orlando Guardians (vs Houston)
  • QB Quinten Dormady (2015-2017)
    • 12/18, 142 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
  • DB Shaquille Wiggins (2017)
    • 6 solo tackles, 1 TFL
  • DB Baylen Buchanan (2016-2018)
    • 2 solo tackles, 2 assisted tackles, 0.5 TFL
D.C. Defenders (vs Seattle)
  • WR Josh Malone (2014-2016)
    • 1 reception, 18 yards
  • TE Ethan Wolf (2014-2017)
    • 1 reception, 12 yards
Seattle Sea Dragons (vs D.C.)
  • DB Bryce Thompson (2018-2020)
    • 1 INT

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Yikes, the DC/Vipers game looks sad. There are maybe 4K there, you can tell it's an old minor league baseball stadium, and the field looks rought. Not a good look.

The XFL in Vegas is going to be a hard sell I'm afraid. They had an announced crowd of about 6,000 and I don't there were that many. Really bad look having no viable place to play since they don't want to pay to play in Alligiant and UNLV by contract can't let them use Sam Boyd Stadium.

They just need to break even this year or show an upside trajectory towards the black. I think it’s gonna take 3 to 5 years but by year 6 this will be a very good second option for pro football. Product is solid so far.

VN Store

Back