'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

I gue$$ we can all ju$t hope nothing per$uade$ him to $ign with the gump$.
198419497_a7e2d056.gif

Contenders: Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia

Breakdown: Wright's recruitment has largely been on hold during the season but his top two contenders remain Tennessee and Alabama. In fact, Wright was supposed to make the trip to Knoxville for the Missouri game but that never materialized. There is a slight possibility he makes it to Alabama this weekend for the Iron Bowl but the only visit everybody is sure will happen is Georgia. Wright is planning on making the trip to Athens in December, most likely on the 14th but possibly the 7th.

Giving any team the edge right now is impossible but in the past it had been Alabama's message that resonated with Wright. He doesn't appear to want to sign in December so we still have a couple months left in Wright's recruitment.

-Friedman

Geez...

I don’t think the last two weekends when he was still playing high school ball and didn’t have a ride is a big deal.

Until he signs you have to be aware of all programs but TN is still in a good spot.
-Price in response to the post below:

he continues to appear trending away from Tenn. I would love to be wrong but here are my reasons:

• 2 weeks in a row he found a reason to not come to Knoxville when he had previously intended to
  • He plans to visit the Iron Bowl this weekend (if he does this following 2 UT no shows I think that is telling)
  • Georgia is rumored to get a visit Dec 14th (possibly the 7th)
He is a kid that doesn’t talk much but the Mods tell us to follow the visits. To date we have been visited the most....but this trend appears to be visits elsewhere.

BRAJ....would love some insight or thoughts.

Price doesn’t sound worried...

*whispers* Story is written.

In that vein what should we think of the Grayson HS visit and the athlete highlight of the Grayson 3. We know see Kenyatta is in all likelihood sticking with Texas. I don’t know how to reconcile those two things.

If we miss on all grayson 3 itll be because we lose big to vandy imo. This next game is big for perception of the program

We've been underdogs in every game but three. Staff has already shown what needs to be shown. Recruiting won't be significantly affected by games until next year.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
People get on the msg board and post continually that wins doesn't make a difference but playing time does. Oh they're looking for a place where they can play immediately. Only to find out each year they have been led astray and are let down as those big recruits they are about to FLIP never FLIP based on early playing time. You people might as well get that out of your heads now and forever. How many players are bragging that they are going to Clemson or Alabama because of early playing time. LOL. Wake up and smell the coffee. IT'S WINS BABY. ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE. Pruitt isn't flipping them because Pruitt isn't winning yet. Pruitt is probably going to have to coach his 3 and 4 starts up and win before this type FLIPS. Higgins and Rodgers should tell everyone the real story so you people might as well get real. I know posting this stuff in a lot of fun but 99% of the time it just doesn't happen. Its just fill in material to get you through the season is all.

Reactions: tatervol
In that vein what should we think of the Grayson HS visit and the athlete highlight of the Grayson 3. We know see Kenyatta is in all likelihood sticking with Texas. I don’t know how to reconcile those two things.

(We are about to whiff on a bunch of these players - brace yourself)

People get on the msg board and post continually that wins doesn't make a difference but playing time does. Oh they're looking for a place where they can play immediately. Only to find out each year they have been led astray and are let down as those big recruits they are about to FLIP never FLIP based on early playing time. You people might as well get that out of your heads now and forever. How many players are bragging that they are going to Clemson or Alabama because of early playing time. LOL. Wake up and smell the coffee. IT'S WINS BABY. ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE. Pruitt isn't flipping them because Pruitt isn't winning yet. Pruitt is probably going to have to coach his 3 and 4 starts up and win before this type FLIPS. Higgins and Rodgers should tell everyone the real story so you people might as well get real. I know posting this stuff in a lot of fun but 99% of the time it just doesn't happen. Its just fill in material to get you through the season is all.

Butch was 4 seasons in and had just blown the 2016 by not winning the East when UT was the favorite, and then not making the Sugar Bowl. It was becoming obvious UT was stalling under him. Pruitt inherited a team that went 0-8 in the SEC and has been an underdog in all 8 SEC games this season, and yet has already defeated 2 ranked SEC teams. Not even the same situation. And I have no idea what you mean by "before this type flips," Wright isn't committed elsewhere that I am aware of, and if you are saying Pruitt can't recruit elite kids unless we are winning more then Wanya Morris says Hey!

VN Store

Back