'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Shea Patterson, Davis Webb, Jake Coker, Vernon Adams, Garrett Gilbert. All QB's. Not great, but they were good.

BTW, I'm on your side about the grad transfer thing. I'd much rather get freshmen to develop. But they are becoming much more prevalent. As they do, I expect more pretty good players may go that route.

Shea Patterson was not a grad transfer

Malik Zaire, Jeremiah Masoli, Max Browne, Everett Golson were bad

but the number of grad transfers have continued to spike heavily since 2011 to your point, but the question you have to ask is and as always is the risk worth the reward.

Last edited:
Is Wright planning to sign in the early signing period? Not thrilled with the fact that he has not made it in these last few weeks. Do we still feel like he is a strong lean toward UT/likely silent?

Shea Patterson, Davis Webb, Jake Coker, Vernon Adams, Garrett Gilbert. All QB's. Not great, but they were good.

BTW, I'm on your side about the grad transfer thing. I'd much rather get freshmen to develop. But they are becoming much more prevalent. As they do, I expect more pretty good players may go that route.
A grad transfer is like a one and done freshmen basketball player. You need to have all the pieces to the puzzle except for one and they better be really good.

Is Wright planning to sign in the early signing period? Not thrilled with the fact that he has not made it in these last few weeks. Do we still feel like he is a strong lean toward UT/likely silent?
Definitely. He's not been visiting other places while he's not made it in here. Expect him to come in sometime in December.

WV has some grad transfers on their DL if I am not mistaken and they abused us. How can getting a few grad transfers on each line be bad for us? Especially with how bad our depth is?
All count towards the 25. Tough to build a roster with one and dones. Can't get those back.

Unless something has changed I don't think he's an ee. And I'm thinking he's not for certain signing in December.

I think his original plan was to announce and sign in February

If his team lost last Friday he was scheduled to be here is what I thought? If he doesn't have a game this weekend does that mean he lost last week?

VN Store

Back