'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Someone just mentioned Niehus above. No disrespect to the kid because it’s genetics and poor development, but I’ll never forget how out of place he looked starting last year. Looked like a tight end. Gave his all and fought like hell though.

Same with JJ though, tbh. Although he had long ass arms and a violent punch. Can’t wait to see what he can do up around 290+.

And that’s another thing.... I really love all the new talent coming in but part of me still has love for these kids that fought like hell last year. Wouldn’t upset me if Jahmir ended up in one of the tackle spots next year to put the best 5 on the field. Wright or Morris can play guard.
Niehaus looked to have some dog in him. Really needs a RS. Unless he done blew up like Tatum.

Nah. Hall couldn't go physically and Richmond doesn't have the mental makeup. Let those guys go and give their reps to the freshman and guys like Tatum, JJohnson, and Carvin and others who've been in the weight room all offseason getting better.
K’Rojhn Calbert. 6’5” 330lb

Put that dude at Guard and let him MAUL.

UTVOLS1614

dam its nice to finally have some options up front. love this recruiting class. Im thinking morris carvin johnson/ kennedy johnson tatum. wright taking over later in the year. niehaus lane 3 other freshman colbert whoever isnt starting center. were finally 8 deep its nice

jlawso21

We are going to have an embarrassment of riches this year. Some of it will be raw and ugly for lack of technique and experience, but some of it will be beautiful. The ones we have left will be bigger, stronger, and they want to be here. The new ones will be bigger, more athletic and fired up and ready to go, and some of them may be stronger than those we had last year. Either way we will be much improved over last year. And it will get better every year from here on out.

therickbol

Last I heard, he’s up to 301.
We throw weight around like it's the most important part of the puzzle. What stood out to me watching him play is how little bulk he had in his arms. Looked like he needed a lot more strength in his upper body. He had WR arms. So hopefully that is where he is making big gains because I like his potential.

I t
We throw weight around like it's the most important part of the puzzle. What stood out to me watching him play is how little bulk he had in his arms. Looked like he needed a lot more strength in his upper body. He had WR arms. So hopefully that is where he is making big gains because I like his potential.
I think the length of his arms detract from the appearance of size. The kid has a 7 1/2 ft wingspan.

VN Store

Sponsors