Wtf

giphy.gif

It’s fairly common to find a lack of junction box under lights in old houses. There probably wasn’t a light there originally so Electical tape should be good enough.....right?3BD0CA63-7050-4173-AF2F-8FFF17A8246F.jpeg

Reactions: Souce and VolNExile
It’s fairly common to find a lack of junction box under lights in old houses. There probably wasn’t a light there originally so Electical tape should be good enough.....right?View attachment 245058
Wow, they did popcorn ceilings on old houses? I did not know.

We’ve had some entertaining finds on our house, but your current project definitely takes the prize.

Wow, they did popcorn ceilings on old houses? I did not know.

We’ve had some entertaining finds on our house, but your current project definitely takes the prize.

When we bought our house in Napa we had someone remove the popcorn ceilings before we moved in. Took months to find all the nooks and crannies where the dust was left behind.

Reactions: VolNExile
When we bought our house in Napa we had someone remove the popcorn ceilings before we moved in. Took months to find all the nooks and crannies where the dust was left behind.
Popcorn ceilings are the cheaping-out homeowner/ lazy drywaller way of dodging the cost of smooth ceilings.

We “inherited” (bought) 9’3” ceilings in our current with the weird feather-duster texturing. They’re on the list for fixing, but not way up there. $$$

We had 8’ popcorn ceilings (“we” meaning practice husband and I) in our last house together, and DD#1 was a goalkeeper in high school. Soccer top goalposts are 8’ off the ground, and she practiced her defense against high shots on goal on our ceiling. By the time she left for college, our ceilings looked as if upside-down Zambonis had randomly polished off the popcorn.

And you are absolutely correct: whatever that popcorn is made of, it goes EVERYWHERE.

Reactions: NorCalVol67

VN Store

Back