WRs don't get any separation

No he isnt having success. And he is playing with a top 5 QB of all time. You just will not blame anyone else besides the Qb when it comes to the passing game and you just cannot see how wrong you are. Please continue to think a successful passing game is only based on the QB. You look utterly ridiculous in doing so.
Keep resorting to hyperbole... or actually false characterizations... it MAKES you ridiculous.

I didn't say the receivers were great. I said that JG is limiting them to a point that we have a distorted view of how good or bad they are. He's spent his whole career throwing late and behind. You are just conveniently blaming the receivers now because he so often misses his windows.

It isn't "all"... but the great majority is JG at this point.

No he isnt having success. And he is playing with a top 5 QB of all time. You just will not blame anyone else besides the Qb when it comes to the passing game and you just cannot see how wrong you are. Please continue to think a successful passing game is only based on the QB. You look utterly ridiculous in doing so.
Wait so your saying the QB makes him look better then he really is???

So if the QB wasnt very good, then by your logic the WR wouldnt look very good...

But a WR can make an QB to good or bad as well

Hmmm what a conundrum!!!

Wait so your saying the QB makes him look better then he really is???

So if the QB wasnt very good, then by your logic the WR wouldnt look very good...

But a WR can make an QB to good or bad as well

Hmmm what a conundrum!!!

You think MC's stats say he looks good? No sorry they dont. My point is he is playing with an all time great QB and he still doesnt look that good.

A good Qb can make a bad WR look good. Just like a good WR can make a bad QB look good. Although its much easier for a good QB to make a bad Wr look good.

Keep resorting to hyperbole... or actually false characterizations... it MAKES you ridiculous.

I didn't say the receivers were great. I said that JG is limiting them to a point that we have a distorted view of how good or bad they are. He's spent his whole career throwing late and behind. You are just conveniently blaming the receivers now because he so often misses his windows.

It isn't "all"... but the great majority is JG at this point.

Whatever man. I place the blame where it belongs. While its more JGs fault, the WRs deserve blame. So does the OL. If you cannot, or will not admit that then continue to look stupid.

Whatever man. I place the blame where it belongs. While its more JGs fault, the WRs deserve blame. So does the OL. If you cannot, or will not admit that then continue to look stupid.
Never said the WR's deserved no blame. Never said the OL's deserved no blame. Your continued attempts to put words in my mouth... is stupid.

But once again... a WR can have separation on an out and look like he doesn't if a QB is terrible at anticipating throws. JG is terrible at anticipating throws and pretty much always has been. An OL can look awful when the opposing D can blitz and stunt with impunity. JG neither burns blitzes with his arm nor his legs. That makes an OL look awful... when they may not be.

You are ignoring how a QB's poor play makes WR's and OL's look worse.

Wide outs can’t get any separation, DB’s can’t cover, LB’s can’t cover, Oline playing down to talent and Dline can’t get an upfront push and can’t tackle
Pruitt has much work to be done, doesn’t he?

I realize it’s Bama but just look at their WRs. Smith just juked that defender out of his shoes. I have watched Bamas WRs get separation throughout this game and they have been doing it all year. What you are seeing in their WR corps is so Meyer just don’t have. Jones is playing unbelievable no doubt. But his WRs are making his job easier. This is what good WRs look like.
That offensive line is pretty good too. Jones is playing lights out because he knows he's not going to get hit, maybe just 1 or 2 times a game and anytime they need a positive play he has Harris right beside him that he can give the ball to.

I once would like to see a sluggo route (slant to go route). Every corner we play is jumping the slant on 3rd and 5-7....If JG is going to stare down his primary receiver then mix it up...It takes away some of the danger of throwing into the middle and might at least draw a defensive holding penalty. I’m tired of seeing the DB and WR meeting at the ball...

Solid post. We rarely throw the slant first of all...in a conference where nearly everyone plays some form of cover 2 with 2 high safeties just like we do...which weakness is the slant, and crossing routes or TE/slot routes down the center of the field. In addition to more slants to get the ball out quickly, we should certainly throw in some "sluggo" routes to keep them honest. Hyatt in particular could likely get a PI flag or score a TD with an accurate ball on a Sluggo more times than not...

Of course we are completely handicapped by the fact that JG WILL NOT throw the ball down the middle of the field...even though we have open WR there frequently. He doesn't trust his own ability to deliver the ball, or know where the safeties are etc in order to not throw an interception. Until JG fell apart this season, his only upside has been that he doesn't throw picks ,( because he was scared and cost us points many times that way,) Now, he STILL doesn't throw an accurate ball, STILL puts up garbage numbers and points for our team, STILL has a 9-18 record as a starter....but he is a pick machine on top of all that.

99% of Vol fans will breathe a sigh of relief and cheer their lungs out the day we actually have a starting QB that isn't JG....a QB that actually gives the team and us fans optimism...that maybe one day, we can actually have as good or better of a QB than at least the G5 creampuffs we play....maybe one day. Just maybe.

Reactions: jrwvol

VN Store

Back