'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

He's a starter guy.
I'm not arguing his talent or if he will or won't start. But pegging any WR in this offense for 1000 yards much less a guy that's gonna be second fiddle at best is setting him up for failure. I'm just saying let us hope we get him and he can contribute. Heupel has proven his staff can develop WR's with the 3 turnarounds we had last season(Tillman, jones, Payton). If he can do the same with Hyatt and some of these other guys watch out. But let's set our expectations in reality.

I'm not arguing his talent or if he will or won't start. But pegging any WR in this offense for 1000 yards much less a guy that's gonna be second fiddle at best is setting him up for failure. I'm just saying let us hope we get him and he can contribute. Heupel has proven his staff can develop WR's with the 3 turnarounds we had last season(Tillman, jones, Payton). If he can do the same with Hyatt and some of these other guys watch out. But let's set our expectations in reality.
I dont think he'd have 1,000 yards, but he's already way further along development wise and has been more productive than everyone but Cedric Tillman.

I dont think he'd have 1,000 yards, but he's already way further along development wise and has been more productive than everyone but Cedric Tillman.
Those numbers are pretty damn close actually between Tillman and this guy. Tillman is THE guy as far as wideouts go. But it would be extremely foolish to not take another guy whom our coaches have worked with previously who is also dangerous. It is a GREAT problem for us to have as well as any DC who is on our schedule next year including Bama and UGA.

Those numbers are pretty damn close actually between Tillman and this guy. Tillman is THE guy as far as wideouts go. But it would be extremely foolish to not take another guy whom our coaches have worked with previously who is also dangerous. It is a GREAT problem for us to have as well as any DC who is on our schedule next year including Bama and UGA.
Yes it would be absolutely huge for us to get him!

Just adding him and Bru make us sooooo dangerous. Like if he commits this weekend ima get extra HEUP for this season.

but do we really need him though?
Apples to oranges perhaps, but folks are saying we have an embarrassment of riches in terms of pitching talent, but injuries have come. Having someone who can step in and perform is pretty important since we live and die offensively. Our defense isn't gonna stop anybody so until the defensive talent improves, I'll take all the WR's I can get if I'm Coach H.

I trust the staff but I don’t love the move.

A lot of talk of how much better Jaylin and Calloway have looked this spring. And how Holiday is coming along.

I’d rather spend the portal spots on more pressing positions like maybe a pure corner still, an OT type, linebackers etc. But the portal cupboard seems pretty bare at those positions.

Nevertheless, I trust the staff, unequivocally.

If Coach Heupel wants him, I’m all in.
He would only be here one year tho

I trust the staff but I don’t love the move.

A lot of talk of how much better Jaylin and Calloway have looked this spring. And how Holiday is coming along.

I’d rather spend the portal spots on more pressing positions like maybe a pure corner still, an OT type, linebackers etc. But the portal cupboard seems pretty bare at those positions.

Nevertheless, I trust the staff, unequivocally.

If Coach Heupel wants him, I’m all in.

Difference between Robinson and everyone we have on campus not named Tillman is Robinson has performed at a high level in real college games. The rest of our WR is talented and has promise, but none of them have proven anything.

The fact that we’re even entertaining the thought of adding another receiver should tell you all you need to know about how the staff sees that position.
If receivers develop they will still get plenty of snaps with the offense we run. Also maybe we could incorporate some 4 wide receiver sets. Our TEs aren't bad, but they aren't a receiving threat either. Having two 225 will help with run blocking out of a 4 WR set.

Staff wants a let least a reliable 6/7 WR rotation. You always have to prepare for the inevitable injury. Tillman doesn’t need to play as many snaps as he did last year. Bru is a beast talent wise but it’s not a sure thing or proven he can perform over full year. Staff doesn’t want to just rely on freshman if it doesn’t have to.

Tillman/Bru/Robinson/Hyatt/Callaway/Holliday/Keyton gives you an early 6-7 man rotation at WR game 1. It allows you to bring along the Webb/white/nimrods/Merrill’s at their own pace instead of forcing it on then.

Staff wants a let least a reliable 6/7 WR rotation. You always have to prepare for the inevitable injury. Tillman doesn’t need to play as many snaps as he did last year. Bru is a beast talent wise but it’s not a sure thing or proven he can perform over full year. Staff doesn’t want to just rely on freshman if it doesn’t have to.

Tillman/Bru/Robinson/Hyatt/Callaway/Holliday/Keyton gives you an early 6-7 man rotation at WR game 1. It allows you to bring along the Webb/white/nimrods/Merrill’s at their own pace instead of forcing it on then.

and this is also assuming callaway and holiday are actually ready to help.

this would be a really good pickup for sure.

VN Store

Back