'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

One thing about this guy nobody is mentioning is the intangibles. I remember watching this guy in Heup's system long ago. He's got an instinct at the position I'm not sure the others have (Hyatt, Jimmy). That instinct and route running makes him reliable to the QB. Dillon Gabriel and this guy shredded defenses in Heup's system.

If Heup wants him, it means something.

One thing about this guy nobody is mentioning is the intangibles. I remember watching this guy in Heup's system long ago. He's got an instinct at the position I'm not sure the others have (Hyatt, Jimmy). That instinct and route running makes him reliable to the QB. Dillon Gabriel and this guy shredded defenses in Heup's system.

If Heup wants him, it means something.
Hyatt is fine he just needs to learn to catch the damn ball consistently. Kid gets open for big plays

Y’all act like you don’t remember having to play Merrill way too early. Or put a TE out wide. Or sliding evans out of the backfield.
I’m really hoping that Hyatt and the Jimmys have progressed but if not, you’ve got Tillman and a boatload of question marks.

Agreed.
And this is a kid that has already done it under Heupel. Plus he’s completely different than Bru and Tillman which is a great thing for offensive versatility and overall success of the offense.

Maybe the plan is to expand the WR rotation more than they ran last season?
Has to be. Our offense runs 1000mph.

Run hard for 5 plays or so, and then sub out 3 more amazing WR.

No way the defense can keep up
If they were keeping up, and keep the same DBs in, our 2nd tier has fresher legs, advantage us.​
If they match our subs to get fresh legs, our 2nd tier WRs will be much better than their 2nd tier DBs. Advantage us.​

I think we need six star WRs, honestly. And, they'll all get fed.

Agreed.
And this is a kid that has already done it under Heupel. Plus he’s completely different than Bru and Tillman which is a great thing for offensive versatility and overall success of the offense.
It’s almost like we’re adding people to fit a system instead of just blindly adding talent and then figuring out their position once they get here. Amazing concept.

USC wide receiver Bru McCoy announced Tuesday night that he's transferring to Tennessee, and another wide receiver in the NCAA transfer portal is planning to visit the Vols soon. UCF wide receiver Jaylon Robinson confirmed to GoVols247 that he's scheduled to take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend.

The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Robinson, who was one of UCF's leading receivers in 2020 under then-Knights coach Josh Heupel, already has taken visits to Ole Miss and TCU since adding his name to the transfer portal on April 21. He signed with Oklahoma before spending just one years with the Sooners and then transferring to UCF, where he earned first-team All-American Athletic Conference honors in 2020 by catching 55 passes for 979 yards with six touchdowns.

Robinson now could have an opportunity to reunite with Heupel and former UCF offensive coordinator Alex Golesh at Tennessee. Robinson will be a fifth-year senior this season, but he still has two remaining seasons of eligibility, with the 2020 season being a free year of eligibility for all players because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

A former three-star prospect from All Saints' Episcopal School in Fort Worth, Texas, Robinson was ranked the No. 440 overall prospect and No. 32 athlete in the 2018 class.
-Callahan

Are some of these wide receivers gonna end up playing linebacker or DL ?? Lol .. even though deadline is over. Look for some young WR's to transfer out ... coaches must not have seen enough in spring for them to be counted on ...and some Of those kids I thought would Pan out pretty well

VN Store

Back