'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

He also described Ole Miss' offense as "just some things that you would do in high school, some high school stuff."

Yeah that'll get you ready for the NFL
Aren’t the two offenses essentially the same? They both come from the Briles school right?

Balut. Not half-hatched. Still developing, boiled and eaten from the shell.

Might be OK dipped in some mayo.

OIP.p5ArErUGHtVuu9Y4v5uRdwHaFS
Had 2 of those back in my Navy days in the Phillipines. (Anyone can eat just one...LOL). Of course LOTS of alcohol was involved.

Jaylon Robinson already has been on three official visits since adding his name to the NCAA transfer portal less than three weeks ago. He continued exploring his options by traveling to Tennessee this weekend and looking into the opportunity to reunite with some familiar faces.

The fifth-year senior wide receiver from UCF said Sunday morning that he enjoyed his official visit with the Vols this weekend, but he still has “a decision to make” after visiting Ole Miss, TCU and the Vols over the past few weeks. Robinson didn’t rule out that he could take at least one more visit before deciding on a transfer destination, but he said he liked what he saw and heard during his weekend stay at Tennessee.

The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Robinson, who played for current Vols coach Josh Heupel at UCF in 2019 and 2020, said he enjoyed “just reconnecting with my old coaching staff, being around the guys and not really even talking football — just catching up, basically.” He said he’s intrigued by his opportunity at Tennessee because of “just the way they’re moving” under Heupel.

“Tennessee, I think, is going in an upward direction,” Robinson said. “They’re getting a lot of good dudes coming in, and last year, first-time offense, first-time coaching staff, they did real good. And I know, second year, they’re up to do something great.”

The opportunity to play for Heupel and Tennessee offensive coordinator Alex Golesh again isn’t the only reason Robinson is looking at the Vols. He said he’s considering them because he likes “Tennessee as a school.”

“Tennessee is the big leagues,” said Robinson, who caught 55 passes for 979 yards and six touchdowns during the 2020 season while playing in Heupel’s fast-paced offense. “I think I’ve got a lot to prove, and I think Tennessee, Ole Miss and TCU — all those schools that I have interest in — I think those are the schools.

“I’m trying to get to that biggest stadium and prove that I can do it on any level.”

Tennessee received a commitment Tuesday night from USC wide receiver transfer Bru McCoy, a former five-star prospect. But Robinson said the Vols told him they “just need another fast guy just to add onto what they have already.”

“They already have a lot of good receivers,” said Robinson, a former three-star prospect from Fort Worth, Texas, who started his college career at Oklahoma in 2018. “It’s always good to get better.”

The Vols told him, he said, that they “for sure” envision him adding to their offense and complementing what they already have in fifth-year senior wide receiver Cedric Tillman — their leading receiver from last season — along with McCoy and others.

“Those are some bigger guys,” Robinson said of Tillman and McCoy, “so, if I did come here, got big dudes in front of me blocking, so I wouldn’t mind all that.

“Cedric, he’s a vet now. He put up good numbers, and it’s always good to have help.”

Robinson said the familiar, uptempo offenses at Tennessee and Ole Miss, which runs a system similar to Heupel’s offense, are among the reasons he’s comfortable with the possibility of playing for both the Rebels and the Vols.

“When I entered the portal, I wanted to go somewhere where I was comfortable,” Robinson said. “Even, like, taking a visit back home to TCU, I know (that) coaching staff. I’m comfortable there. I’m comfortable with Ole Miss’ offense, and I’m comfortable with Coach Heupel’s offense, as well.”

He said he also enjoyed spending time with Tennessee’s fifth-year senior quarterback, former Virginia Tech transfer Hendon Hooker, during his weekend visit to Knoxville.

“I met up with Hendon,” Robinson said. “We had good talks. He’s a real good dude.”

But Robinson, who has two remaining seasons of eligibility, said he’s not sure yet whether it’s all enough to convince him to transfer to Tennessee.

“Still have a decision to make,” he said. “Haven’t decided yet on if I’m taking any more visits or, if I am, y’all might see something soon. I’m just going to go home, sit on it, relax and just get my mind off of things. There’s been a lot of traveling lately.”

Asked whether he has a leader in mind among the schools he’s considering, he said, “Not right now.” But he knows what he’s hoping to find in a school as he continues to weigh his options.

“I’ve got six months,” Robinson said. “That’s the plan. Wherever I can go in six months and be the best me.”

-Callahan

Aren’t the two offenses essentially the same? They both come from the Briles school right?
Mostly. I've heard it described as a Briles style, but with some air raid concepts. We definitely run it way too much to be air raid, so in my head it's something like 75% Briles and 25% air raid.

You're right. We should just stop recruiting WR until the current players graduate.
Maybe .. but I'm not sure they are real find of the 4 he brought in for the spring .... Callaway , Holiday and Merrill should be contributing by now. I know those were recruited by different staff but honestly they were more highly thought of than the 4 guys this year .. so may need to not waste so many unless they are willing to play special teams .. need LB and DL .. so not wanting them to fill up Portal spots on more and more wr 's

Maybe .. but I'm not sure they are real find of the 4 he brought in for the spring .... Callaway , Holiday and Merrill should be contributing by now. I know those were recruited by different staff but honestly they were more highly thought of than the 4 guys this year .. so may need to not waste so many unless they are willing to play special teams .. need LB and DL .. so not wanting them to fill up Portal spots on more and more wr 's

go let the coaches know since you're the expert. They wouldn't know these types of things ya know because you get to see them a lot more than they do. So you would clearly know more.

great job, coach.

I would point out that you simply can not contribute ......except cheer lead ........if you are not on the field playing.

im feeling ole miss here for some reason.
He might want to explore a different offense. He's already been great in Heupel's offense.

Ole Miss' will be different. And Lane has coached in the NFL.

But then again, he said Heupels offense at Tennessee was more complex than what they ran at UCF.

But they aren't close to as certain about their two deep at QB as we are.

Miami has a starter in Van Dyke. He's good. But the backup hasn't really played. And it's the ACC I mean...it's hardly a step up from the AAC in reality.

I mean we are obviously more of a sure thing. We have the best QB and the best back up. He will have help at WR. Won't be double teamed. We are the big leagues. He had a 1,000 (pretty much) under Heupel before. Just got Velus drafted. Our NIL is second to none.

We check all the boxes, but I agree. We can't feel certain about transfers for whatever reason. Been like pulling teeth all offseason!

VN Store

Back