'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

Only South Vietnamese and South Koreans consider half hatched chickens a delicacy
Omg!! I watched a documentary about that a while back and I couldn't imagine eating those things. Just seems cruel and,not to mention, GROSS 🤢!! But I guess that's why we have different cultures and upbringings. Not for me though.

Agreed. Very mature. Want him more now. He doesn't seem to reveal much in way of ho's leading tho. We'll see.

Was interesting, the part about there being questions that needed answered after Heup/staff's exit. I wonder if there were bad feelings about being abandoned?
I don't think so. JMO, but I think he is just trying to not reveal his decision, but it seemed like a couple of times he started to answer a question regarding who was his leader and then immediately backed off and said no, not at the moment. Still feel like he is Knoxville bound!!

Reactions: jcknight1
I don't think so. JMO, but I think he is just trying to not reveal his decision, but it seemed like a couple of times he started to answer a question regarding who was his leader and then immediately backed off and said no, not at the moment. Still feel like he is Knoxville bound!!

FWIW Callahan and Matt Ray of SI (who is awesome) both agree with AP that we have a slight lead. Gotta close...

FWIW Callahan and Matt Ray of SI (who is awesome) both agree with AP that we have a slight lead. Gotta close...
I just don't want to lose him to Ole Miss and the Kiffenator!! Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to come to Tennessee, but I hate losing anyone or anything to Ole Miss(especially, but really anybody) and Auburn and Brucey Pearls in basketball.

Reactions: Ericvol2096
This just makes way too much sense as a perfect fit for us (and Jaylon)... really hope we were able to seal the deal here... seemingly great high character kid with tons of talent and already familiar with the offense and coach... He can see he will get plenty of touches... Kiffy is a great snake oil salesman and will try and push his offense but I think there are just enough unknowns at Om right now compared to our program that I'd honestly be shocked if he didn't end up a VOL... Our facilities and what we have to offer overall is still way more than Om can compete with...

Agreed

Just saying that after Tillman, I'm not that confident in our WR corp. No idea what we'll get from Bru and Hyatt. Since we're not going to suddenly have a couple of lockdown corners and stud LB's transfer in, all our eggs are pretty much in the offensive basket. Without enough WR's who are ready to run in this offense, an injury there would put us in a bit of a bind. Heaven forbid we lose Tillman, Hyatt or Bru to injury. Having a guy like Robinson who knows this offense and can work at that pace/speed in our program is a real plus.

Agreed. Very mature. Want him more now. He doesn't seem to reveal much in way of ho's leading tho. We'll see.

Was interesting, the part about there being questions that needed answered after Heup/staff's exit. I wonder if there were bad feelings about being abandoned?

If the ho's are leading is there still time for the boats to put together an NIL pitch?

Have we recruited so bad at WR that we are over recruiting alot of these kids on our roster who were supposed to be good players ... Holiday, Callaway , Merrill ....looks like staff is saying these guys aren't gonna cut it .....and the 4 new guys must not be showing what they want thru the spring .. .

Reactions: alexvol
Have we recruited so bad at WR that we are over recruiting alot of these kids on our roster who were supposed to be good players ... Holiday, Callaway , Merrill ....looks like staff is saying these guys aren't gonna cut it .....and the 4 new guys must not be showing what they want thru the spring .. .
I know you're a troll but I'll bite, the staff wants to have a 6-8 WR rotation they can trust to get the job done

Omg!! I watched a documentary about that a while back and I couldn't imagine eating those things. Just seems cruel and,not to mention, GROSS 🤢!! But I guess that's why we have different cultures and upbringings. Not for me though.
On my 1st Army tour in South Vietnam in 1965 I was an advisor to South Vietnamese Army and was given an all night goodbye banquet when my tour ended....do not recall just how many courses of food was provided but one was this delicacy.I could not refuse it because that would have been a serious affront.

How many of those guys you mentioned did Huepel recruit? Now if you are talking about Pruitt’s WR recruiting being bad, It’s sure looking that way. After all, there was one class where the only WR was a late reach on Means (which will end up contributing about as much as I thought he would when he signed). Give Pruitt credit for finding Tillman, I guess, but it’s not like he would have done a fraction of what he has done in a Pruitt offense.

On my 1st Army tour in South Vietnam in 1965 I was an advisor to South Vietnamese Army and was given an all night goodbye banquet when my tour ended....do not recall just how many courses of food was provided but one was this delicacy.I could not refuse it because that would have been a serious affront.
Balut. Not half-hatched. Still developing, boiled and eaten from the shell.

Might be OK dipped in some mayo.

OIP.p5ArErUGHtVuu9Y4v5uRdwHaFS

Reactions: KptVFL
Well.... How was it??

You didn't happen to know Al Freeman did you? He was MACV and the 50th American killed in Vietnam. He was a friend of my dad and uncle at Ft Benning.

This just makes way too much sense as a perfect fit for us (and Jaylon)... really hope we were able to seal the deal here... seemingly great high character kid with tons of talent and already familiar with the offense and coach... He can see he will get plenty of touches... Kiffy is a great snake oil salesman and will try and push his offense but I think there are just enough unknowns at Om right now compared to our program that I'd honestly be shocked if he didn't end up a VOL... Our facilities and what we have to offer overall is still way more than Om can compete with...
He also described Ole Miss' offense as "just some things that you would do in high school, some high school stuff."

Yeah that'll get you ready for the NFL

Reactions: volinbama256
You're right. We should just stop recruiting WR until the current players graduate.

VN Store

Back