Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

Don't address your high horse, holier than thou rant about how much you hate high horse, holier than thou people?

I'd say your posts were some awesome parody if I thought you actually understood the concept.

P.S. He wasn't fired. He resigned. INB4 you start ranting about everyone knows he was ACTUALLY fired.

I clearly understand cultural concepts and how they condition patterns of thought that you clearly haven't even begun to understand. I did study these things after all. But keep avoiding the pertinent rebuttals I have been making.

Barkley has made a nice living putting every off color thought on display.

Different for some folks I guess.
Hell yes . . . Anybody with a clue knows that it is absolutely different according to time, audience and speaker/writer and it's not always fair. That's why you use a hint o' discretion when you put something in writing and leaving the interpretation over time to somebody else. Sending crap like this over e-mail is mega-stupid.

Hell yes . . . Anybody with a clue knows that it is absolutely different according to time, audience and speaker/writer and it's not always fair. That's why you use a hint o' discretion when you put something in writing and leaving the interpretation over time to somebody else. Sending crap like this over e-mail is mega-stupid.

I’ve not commented on the decision making of saying rude things in email, or anywhere for that matter.

If it is disparaging, it is disparaging.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
People really up in here saying it was ok to say you hate a specific race because it was only 1995 after all... So it's ok. The disconnect for cancel culture proponents is astounding.

If we apply y'all's logic, Kevin Hart doesn't have a job in Hollywood anymore. Jeremy Banks is no longer on the team. Cancel everyone with minor infractions. I could create a list that would stretch to the moon and back if we apply your twisted reasoning.

With the rapidity of fat shaming gaining ground... I sure hope none of you have made a condescending remark about obese people. Could come back and bite you in 10 years... This is your logic.

It's not about speaking truth at this point though... Or even being consistent in your reasoning. You just have to be right, reason be damned.

Cancel culture proponents don't have the self awareness to realize they are like modern day pharisees. Instead of fractioning your coins and dumping them in the alter for all to see your immense piety, you take to social media to sneer at those who make minor infractions so everyone can see your righteousness.

Get over yourselves. Please

People really up in here saying it was ok to say you hate a specific race because it was only 1995 after all... So it's ok. The disconnect for cancel culture proponents is astounding.

If we apply y'all's logic, Kevin Hart doesn't have a job in Hollywood anymore. Jeremy Banks is no longer on the team. Cancel everyone with minor infractions. I could create a list that would stretch to the moon and back if we apply your twisted reasoning.

With the rapidity of fat shaming gaining ground... I sure hope none of you have made a condescending remark about obese people. Could come back and bite you in 10 years... This is your logic.

It's not about speaking truth at this point though... Or even being consistent in your reasoning. You just have to be right, reason be damned.

Cancel culture proponents don't have the self awareness to realize they are like modern day pharisees. Instead of fractioning your coins and dumping them in the alter for all to see your immense piety, you take to social media to sneer at those who make minor infractions so everyone can see your righteousness.

Get over yourselves. Please

You really, really need to take your own advice.

I clearly understand cultural concepts and how they condition patterns of thought that you clearly haven't even begun to understand. I did study these things after all. But keep avoiding the pertinent rebuttals I have been making.

Yeah we know, you don't miss an episode of Tucker Carlson.

Gruden is getting fired for name calling. However, he never vehemently directed it at anyone. He simply sent it to a friend in privacy. And he's getting fired... Let that sink in.

The people defending his firing are the same kind of people who canceled Kevin Hart for things he said in the past. These are the same people who want to cancel Dave Chapell. You're the same kind of people who would not have given Jeremy Banks a second chance.

Once you apply your logic to everyone else, you quickly realize your ideas don't hold up to scrutiny. They are impossible to adhere to.

It's also interesting to watch how so many of you point to yourselves as examples of righteousness. As if you are the bastions of purity that the rest of the world should emulate. You think so highly of your piety that you fancy yourselves the arbiters or morality.

However, you don't even have the self awareness to realize that you are culturally conditioned to behave in this way. America is a guilt/innocence culture (look it up). Eager and willing to point to another's sin in an attempt to reveal and feel a sense of moral superiority. A desperate grasp at showing your virtue and innocence by exposing someone else's misdemeanor. The same kind of person who speaks empathy from one side of your mouth while not actually having any sense of real grace.

You are not better. You are just culturally conditioned to behave in such a way that reveals to the world around you how virtuous you are. Here is your wake up call. You are not virtuous, you're not empathetic. You are not the answer... You're the cancer.

And most of America is tired of your false sense of moral superiority.
The new age hypocrites are just doing their daddy's work.

Yeah we know, you don't miss an episode of Tucker Carlson.

Easy there Young Turks, I don't even watch Tucker Carlson.

And hey, instead of limp fisted jabs at me as a person, how about you step on the battlefield of ideas and have a real go. But then again, if you can't beat my ideas, try to beat me with false assumptions and character assassination... Typical cancel culture warrior.

You're the poster boy for everything I have laid out. It's to the point that you're too dumb to even see it. Go put on some self awareness for a change.

Yea. Doesn’t he know he should set up his own email server in his home were he can control access and delete (bitbleach) all his previous emails at will . So stupid.

This is probably the dumbest comment yet on here. You do understand the concept of work email, right?

Reactions: Plecoptera

And hey, instead of limp fisted jabs at me as a person, how about you step on the battlefield of ideas and have a real go. But then again, if you can't beat my ideas, try to beat me with false assumptions and character assassination... Typical cancel culture warrior.

You're the poster boy for everything I have laid out. It's to the point that you're too dumb to even see it. Go put on some self awareness for a change.

Yes, because if history teaches us anything it's that the person who keeps telling everyone how smart they are is clearly the actual smartest person in the room.

Yes, because if history teaches us anything it's that the person who keeps telling everyone how smart they are is clearly the actual smartest person in the room.

I'm just glad you've finally come to this realization. Took a while.

And I'm honestly laughing at you at this point. You keep doing the exact thing I call you out on. Do it again, please. I need another laugh. Ignore the meat of my argument, keep running away from it. Send another cheeky comment so it further solidifies that you don't actually have a legitimate rebuttal.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
One thing...they didn't like his slamming the NFL for allowing players to take a knee. On this part, I back him 100%. Taking a knee is very disrespectful to our Military and VETS! On the racial comments, he should not have said any of that....certainly in an email!

I'm just glad you've finally come to this realization. Took a while.

And I'm honestly laughing at you at this point. You keep doing the exact thing I call you out on. Do it again, please. I need another laugh. Ignore the meat of my argument, keep running away from it. Send another cheeky comment so it further solidifies that you don't actually have a legitimate rebuttal.

e65c1f209edbe3247dc2346efd588f9f.jpg

One thing...they didn't like his slamming the NFL for allowing players to take a knee. On this part, I back him 100%. Taking a knee is very disrespectful to our Military and VETS! On the racial comments, he should not have said any of that....certainly in an email!

Only because someone told you it was.

Reactions: irish1485
Oh f*** off. As if the world "before" it was awesome. No it was just nobody held people accountable for the bullsh** they said and did, and now that we've actually started to people like you can't handle it and whine like a victim. Do some go too far, sure, but this blanket bitching about "the woke crowd" and "cancel culture" is mostly a bunch of butthurt people mad that they can't just act as a**holely as they ever had. Oh no, you might be held accountable for being a POS, the horror!
1634079064045.png

I'm simply pointing out an undeniable truth. If players don't trust the coach, they're not going to listen to him. Especially in a professional setting.
Sorry Panthro I agree with you I just used your post as something the woke kids won't like. Talking about controlling a black man by a white man.

Only because someone told you it was.
No...because I spent 22 years in the military and am a disabled vet. I am Viet Nam and Persian Gulf VET and it angers me to see them take a knee. If they want to complain and take a knee while making millions of dollars, perhaps they should put on a real uniform and protect the Country they live in.

He's the poster boy for his own BS.

Reactions: De La Cloobs

VN Store

Back