Wow @ Gruden...another debacle had we hired him [update: Gruden resigns]

The fact that he is dumb enough to email his racist/homophobic "jokes" to official NFL email addresses should be grounds for firing.

^ This is the real reason.

You can’t tell me anybody really believes he is a racist homophobe based on some jokes and off color comments made in emails 10 years ago.

Reactions: HoptownVol
Who here has watched the new Dave Chapelle special? I just saw it Saturday. He had a LOT to say about society's tolerance of affronts to the African-American community vs. the LGBTQ community.

Watching this play out for Gruden makes me think he's not wrong. We think Gruden can "survive" the racial slurs, but not the gay slurs. Fascinating, right after hearing Chappelle.
I watched the recent Chappelle special. You are 100% correct.
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out that Jon Gruden didn’t get fired after his racist remarks surfaced, he even coached another game, it wasn’t until his anti gay remarks came out that he was fired, and like Dave Chappelle said, there’s an unwritten rule about saying anything negative about the LGBTQ community.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Gruden is getting fired for name calling. However, he never vehemently directed it at anyone. He simply sent it to a friend in privacy. And he's getting fired... Let that sink in.

The people defending his firing are the same kind of people who canceled Kevin Hart for things he said in the past. These are the same people who want to cancel Dave Chapell. You're the same kind of people who would not have given Jeremy Banks a second chance.

Once you apply your logic to everyone else, you quickly realize your ideas don't hold up to scrutiny. They are impossible to adhere to.

It's also interesting to watch how so many of you point to yourselves as examples of righteousness. As if you are the bastions of purity that the rest of the world should emulate. You think so highly of your piety that you fancy yourselves the arbiters or morality.

However, you don't even have the self awareness to realize that you are culturally conditioned to behave in this way. America is a guilt/innocence culture (look it up). Eager and willing to point to another's sin in an attempt to reveal and feel a sense of moral superiority. A desperate grasp at showing your virtue and innocence by exposing someone else's misdemeanor. The same kind of person who speaks empathy from one side of your mouth while not actually having any sense of real grace.

You are not better. You are just culturally conditioned to behave in such a way that reveals to the world around you how virtuous you are. Here is your wake up call. You are not virtuous, you're not empathetic. You are not the answer... You're the cancer.

And most of America is tired of your false sense of moral superiority.

I actually think he could lose his job from this. If the black players believe he’s secretly mocking their appearance, it will be hard to keep control of the team.
LOL, this whole discussion here and nationally is so full of double standards and double meanings it's hilarious. Not picking on you just using this as an example. One article I read on NFL.com accused him of THINKING bad thoughts too. The world that the young woke crowd has created is laughable.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
Gruden is getting fired for name calling. However, he never vehemently directed it at anyone. He simply sent it to a friend in privacy. And he's getting fired... Let that sink in.

The people defending his firing are the same kind of people who canceled Kevin Hart for things he said in the past. These are the same people who want to cancel Dave Chapell. You're the same kind of people who would not have given Jeremy Banks a second chance.

Once you apply your logic to everyone else, you quickly realize your ideas don't hold up to scrutiny. They are impossible to adhere to.

It's also interesting to watch how so many of you point to yourselves as examples of righteousness. As if you are the bastions of purity that the rest of the world should emulate. You think so highly of your piety that you fancy yourselves the arbiters or morality.

However, you don't even have the self awareness to realize that you are culturally conditioned to behave in this way. America is a guilt/innocence culture (look it up). Eager and willing to point to another's sin in an attempt to reveal and feel a sense of moral superiority. A desperate grasp at showing your virtue and innocence by exposing someone else's misdemeanor. The same kind of person who speaks empathy from one side of your mouth while not actually having any sense of real grace.

You are not better. You are just culturally conditioned to behave in such a way that reveals to the world around you how virtuous you are. Here is your wake up call. You are not virtuous, you're not empathetic. You are not the answer... You're the cancer.

The actually act of pointing out ones righteousness is in fact bigoted self righteousness. This post is so dead on. Can't give it enough likes.

Reactions: De La Cloobs

I know that sounded good in your head, but it really doesn't out loud.

LOL, this whole discussion here and nationally is so full of double standards and double meanings it's hilarious. Not picking on you just using this as an example. One article I read on NFL.com accused him of THINKING bad thoughts too. The world that the young woke crowd has created is laughable.

Oh f*** off. As if the world "before" it was awesome. No it was just nobody held people accountable for the bullsh** they said and did, and now that we've actually started to people like you can't handle it and whine like a victim. Do some go too far, sure, but this blanket bitching about "the woke crowd" and "cancel culture" is mostly a bunch of butthurt people mad that they can't just act as a**holely as they ever had. Oh no, you might be held accountable for being a POS, the horror!

Oh f*** off. As if the world "before" it was awesome. No it was just nobody held people accountable for the bullsh** they said and did, and now that we've actually started to people like you can't handle it and whine like a victim. Do some go too far, sure, but this blanket bitching about "the woke crowd" and "cancel culture" is mostly a bunch of butthurt people mad that they can't just act as a**holely as they ever had. Oh no, you might be held accountable for being a POS, the horror!

100% Truth

Most of America is tired of people thinking they can do and say what they want and only apologizing when they get caught.

I know that sounded good in your head, but it really doesn't out loud.

Whatever y'all do, don't address the points I made. Don't do it. It's devastating to your argument. It will undermine the very foundations that give meaning to your pathetic sense of superiority.

I love that I've layed such waste to your position y'all keep deflecting with non arguments. Send someone worthy at least. I feel like I'm intellectually pistol whipping the dumb kid in class.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I'm simply pointing out an undeniable truth. If players don't trust the coach, they're not going to listen to him. Especially in a professional setting.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

Or maybe, don't be a dumbass and put every off color thought you have in writing so it will be saved forever on somebody else's server where you won't be able to control it. It's not a difficult concept.

I'm simply pointing out an undeniable truth. If players don't trust the coach, they're not going to listen to him. Especially in a professional setting.
That's it exactly. It doesn't even matter whether he's truly racist or not. He just made it nearly impossible for him to be an effective leader of black men - which is kind of a problem if you're a football coach.

Whatever y'all do, don't address the points I made. Don't do it. It's devastating to your argument. It will undermine the very foundations that give meaning to your pathetic sense of superiority.

I love that I've layed such waste to your position y'all keep deflecting with non arguments. Send someone worthy at least. I feel like I'm intellectually pistol whipping the dumb kid in class.

Don't address your high horse, holier than thou rant about how much you hate high horse, holier than thou people?

I'd say your posts were some awesome parody if I thought you actually understood the concept.

P.S. He wasn't fired. He resigned. INB4 you start ranting about everyone knows he was ACTUALLY fired.

Reactions: VolFan4Life87
Or maybe, don't be a dumbass and put every off color thought you have in writing so it will be saved forever on somebody else's server where you won't be able to control it. It's not a difficult concept.

Also it's not like something he wrote in his 20s is being pulled out, this was in the past 5-10 years when he was in his late 40s-50s.

K.

Jon Gruden still deserved to lose his job.

As people have said: if you’re that dumb to make homophobic and racist remarks to a work server you are too dumb to run an NFL organization.

Barkley has made a nice living putting every off color thought on display.

Different for some folks I guess.

Barkley has made a nice living putting every off color thought on display.

Different for some folks I guess.

Please pull up where Charles Barkley said in the last 15 years where he called someone a ***got or said that “***ers” shouldn’t be drafted into the NFL or NBA

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
A job vs a murder..... jeez. And Gruden has/had remedies through the NFL if he thinks he's been wronged.

Bottom line: Gruden tucked his tail and left because he knows he sent those emails to work addresses, he knows he screwed up, he knows he gets a "time out" from coaching/TV for this.

Trying to link some murderer to Gruden is a dick move. Do better.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Or at least, it can be. Perhaps if you're sensitivities didn't get triggered so easily you could follow through the point.

That was in 1995.

If Gruden has wrote this stuff in 1995 he would have survived it. Different times. These emails were written as late as 2018. Barkley also isn’t an NBA coach

I know. I love your kind, make it up as you go along.

Yes , he is a prominent voice of a major broadcast for a major sports league.

Reactions: C1500 and 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back