Would you support Les Miles hire?

Would you support Les Miles as HC?

• Total voters
Would be a solid hire. Gives the current players and recruits solid information to base their decisions on. BJ only had his used car salesman promises(empty) of "what could be" and CLM can base his pitch on what he has proven (114-34 in the SEC). Bring in the right OC and DC and it will be a top program again very soon. He's got just enough crazy going on to be entertaining and young players seem to like that. If CFP can top it off and get Tee and hopefully a top DC (Steele?), I think everyone (recruits, players, alumni, and fans) will all be very optimistic about next year.

Reactions: 2 people
NO!

THINK people.

If we're willing to spend $6 Million to maybe $8 Million per year then we should be able to hire most anyone we really want and need.

aTm just gave Jimbo Fisher $7.5 Million per year and a 10 year guaranteed contract.

Spending $75 Million just on their HC is making a serious statement that aTm is very serious about getting WINS and lots of them.

Everyone is talking about getting our O much better and we need to do that BUT, we all know that it's the D that WINS Championships.

Forget Les Miles, Steele, Sumlin and others that had a shot as a HC and blew it.

Why not spend the $$$$ and go steal Venables away from Clemson?

His D is awesome, he's WON a National Championship and he's a VERY exciting and passionate coach.

Watch Venables on the sidelines, his D makes a good play and he's jumping up and down along the sidelines and screaming his head off...That kind of passion and excitement does rub off on all the players on both sides of the ball!

Venables also recruits in the same areas we do so he already knows most of the top recruits that we're going after and he just might steal some top recruits away from Clemson and make them Vols.

Give him all the $$$ he needs to hire top Coordinators and position coaches that are also really good recruiters and we'll be golden for many years to come.

There's zero reasons why we need to hire a stopgap coach when we can just spend the $$$ now and forget about another coaching search 3 to 5 years from now.

Every top D player in high school knows who Clemson and Coach Venables is so we need to go steal that top D Coordinator away from Clemson and put him in Tennessee Orange as our new HC and get this show on the road!

VFL...GBO!!!

Miles > Venables. Miles is a recruiting machine and a proven winner. Why do you want to roll the dice on DC becoming a good head coach?

Reactions: 4 people
Spoken like a person that has gotten used to being mediocre and losing..

If Les is who is hired, I'll support him, but we can do much better..

Phil, you wanted this, now you have it. Go out and get us a damn good coach..

Like who? Who can we get right now who is "much better"?

I'll wait.

Reactions: 5 people
Like who? Who can we get right now who is "much better"?

I'll wait.

Exactly. Miles was not my first choice but who is this magical " much better" candidate some think is out there? Miles is a better option than any coordinator. He is a better option than any of the current coaches who are realistic options.

Reactions: 3 people
Miles isn't my first or second choice, but I'll support him.
At this point in the game, additional division in the fan base is going to decimate recruiting for a few years

Reactions: 1 person
If hired, Les Miles would immediately have more wins over Nick Saban than any other active coach. Les has 3 wins. Meyer, Malzahn, and Richt each have 2 wins apiece.

10miles.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
To answer the question, yes I would support him. As others have said, he would not be my top choice, but he does have a winning pedigree that we have not seen at UT for a decade. He has helped many players get the the NFL, so I think he may be able to get Cade Mays and others to rethink their decommitments, which would be a great start.

I can see saying wait and see.

For the straight up no people, who is your choice? Realistic. No Gruden, Petersen, Patterson, Shaw, Dabo, Saban etc.

Can someone tell me what happened to Leach at a previous school? Something about him locking a player with a concussion in a room or something. I can't remember all the details. Is that the type of person we want here? I mean we already heard about Butch degrading players. Les just likes to eat grass.....LOL

With all the talk of Les wanting the job would you support Les Miles as the head coach?

We could do better. I have never said hire Lane Kiffin. Even though he is one of the best offensive minds in College football and If I had a choice I would not want to play against him or Saban, Mullen, Jimbo Fisher, or Smart. Unfortunately for us, we do have to play against these coaches. My choice is Brent Venables. Clemson outstanding DC. Look at his outstanding defensive strategies for each game he is involved with. Open the wallets and allow him to be the new HC and allow him to hire his own staff. He could be a legend killer against Saban, Mullen, Jimbo Fisher and Smart. He is the real deal. If we don't get him soon someone else will and he will be another one we have to play against.

Dang, there are some incredibly stupid people voting in this poll. A retread like Les Miles has absolutely NO SHOT at competing with the likes of Kirby Smart or Dan Mullen in the new SEC East. He'd be extremely lucky to recruit well enough to compete with Muschamp at SC and Stoops at KY.

Dang, no wonder we're such crap and have been forever now. Our fanbase is totally willing to settle for crap !!!

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what happened to Leach at a previous school? Something about him locking a player with a concussion in a room or something. I can't remember all the details. Is that the type of person we want here? I mean we already heard about Butch degrading players. Les just likes to eat grass.....LOL

And if you don't believe "closet gate" wouldn't be used against us in recruiting if we hire Leach...then you are quite naive

The only reason this would be a "good" hire is if you hired him with Tee as the coach in waiting... but why do that when Fulmer is your AD?

VN Store

Back