Would you support Les Miles hire?

Would you support Les Miles as HC?

• Total voters

austin_vol

With all the talk of Les wanting the job would you support Les Miles as the head coach?

I would support him but I'll definitely feel like fulmer didn't do the job the best of his capabilities. Leach should already be here

Reactions: 10 people
In context, I would support him, but I'm not in favor of the hire. I think he was just showing signs of the game getting away from him and he's too much of a micro manager.

Reactions: 3 people
Do we have a choice at this point?

Les is old & washed out. We don't want him. If we get him, it's because we've settled - big time. If he's a 1st tier guy for Fulmer then I have to seriously question the old coot's evaluation skills.

I think we should should be going after a younger up-and-comer, someone who can bring energy back to the program and recruit the long hours necessary to rebuild Tennessee. Guys like Norvell, Venables, Brown, Daboll & maybe Kwiatkowski. I'd even go for someone like Candle, Anderson, or Clark over Miles.

Reactions: 2 people
A guy like Miles is exactly what this program needs right now. An experienced, stabilizing presence. The next hire's not winning big here, so flush that little nugget of hope down the dream pipe along with Gruden and Kiffin. The whole Butch Jones "left it better than he found it" myth will soon be proven just that, a myth. UT's best option going forward, by a pretty wide margin, is a Miles hire at HC with Tee as HC in waiting. It almost makes too much sense.

Miles wouldn't win the SEC here, and I'd pretty much guarantee it. But he would make UT highly competitive and would get us back to playing SEC football. And by the time he retires for good in 3 or 4 years, Martin would be more than ready to take the reigns.

Reactions: 8 people
I like Les as a person from all I've seen and heard. He was washed up, and LSU had to fire him, but hey it happens. Father time is undefeated. I won't have any problem rooting for Les to find the fountain of youth, but I just can't stand Fulmer for sabotaging the Leach deal and for undermining our last two coaching searches before this one, calling coaches, telling them not to take the job. Fulmer is our albatross.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
NO!

THINK people.

If we're willing to spend $6 Million to maybe $8 Million per year then we should be able to hire most anyone we really want and need.

aTm just gave Jimbo Fisher $7.5 Million per year and a 10 year guaranteed contract.

Spending $75 Million just on their HC is making a serious statement that aTm is very serious about getting WINS and lots of them.

Everyone is talking about getting our O much better and we need to do that BUT, we all know that it's the D that WINS Championships.

Forget Les Miles, Steele, Sumlin and others that had a shot as a HC and blew it.

Why not spend the $$$$ and go steal Venables away from Clemson?

His D is awesome, he's WON a National Championship and he's a VERY exciting and passionate coach.

Watch Venables on the sidelines, his D makes a good play and he's jumping up and down along the sidelines and screaming his head off...That kind of passion and excitement does rub off on all the players on both sides of the ball!

Venables also recruits in the same areas we do so he already knows most of the top recruits that we're going after and he just might steal some top recruits away from Clemson and make them Vols.

Give him all the $$$ he needs to hire top Coordinators and position coaches that are also really good recruiters and we'll be golden for many years to come.

There's zero reasons why we need to hire a stopgap coach when we can just spend the $$$ now and forget about another coaching search 3 to 5 years from now.

Every top D player in high school knows who Clemson and Coach Venables is so we need to go steal that top D Coordinator away from Clemson and put him in Tennessee Orange as our new HC and get this show on the road!

VFL...GBO!!!

Last edited:
If he bring in Kendall Briles as OC and keeps his hands off the offense. It also would be a epic FU to Kiffin.

Do we have a choice at this point?

Les is old & washed out. We don't want him. If we get him, it's because we've settled - big time. If he's a 1st tier guy for Fulmer then I have to seriously question the old coot's evaluation skills.

Who is this "we" of whom you speak? You might could say "I". I think Les would do fantastic. I for one have had enough of the up and coming coaches. Give the "mature" gang a chance. 😁.

Now you kids get off my lawn while I take my AARP card and get my discount at Dunkin Donuts

Like I said before. Many "fans" here would rather pass for a bunch of yards and be "exciting" on offense than win games.

Reactions: 4 people
A guy like Miles is exactly what this program needs right now. An experienced, stabilizing presence. The next hire's not winning big here, so flush that little nugget of hope down the dream pipe along with Gruden and Kiffin. The whole Butch Jones "left it better than he found it" myth will soon be proven just that, a myth. UT's best option going forward, by a pretty wide margin, is a Miles hire at HC with Tee as HC in waiting. It almost makes too much sense.

Miles wouldn't win the SEC here, and I'd pretty much guarantee it. But he would make UT highly competitive and would get us back to playing SEC football. And by the time he retires for good in 3 or 4 years, Martin would be more than ready to take the reigns.

Spoken like a person that has gotten used to being mediocre and losing..

If Les is who is hired, I'll support him, but we can do much better..

Phil, you wanted this, now you have it. Go out and get us a damn good coach..

Like I said before. Many "fans" here would rather pass for a bunch of yards and be "exciting" on offense than win games.

I am much more excited by watching a take no prisoners D force one three and out after another after another.

Watching Bama's next wonder running back get smacked three yards behind the of scrimmage would be wonderful for me.

Les isn't my first choice by any means, but I would support him if Tee was brought on to be his OC/QB coach and Tee be allowed to build the offensive staff.

I know Tee probably doesn't have a lot of experience in hiring coaches, but I believe he would know what he's looking for in a coach and hopefully he would be open to bringing Sam Pittman back as the OL coach.

Les biggest issue at LSU was offense and I think someone other than Les should be responsible for hiring the offensive coaches.

I am much more excited by watching a take no prisoners D force one three and out after another after another.

Watching Bama's next wonder running back get smacked three yards behind the of scrimmage would be wonderful for me.

We would have a great d with Miles.

Nope, the only coach I would have supported from day one is Leach.

I would support Leach also. There is no way he has a better resume though. We may score more points with Leach but we win more with Les.

Reactions: 2 people
Spoken like a person that has gotten used to being mediocre and losing..

If Les is who is hired, I'll support him, but we can do much better..

Phil, you wanted this, now you have it. Go out and get us a damn good coach..

I'm not sure where I stand with Miles but he does have a .770 win %. If we can assemble a great staff with him and he stays out of there way and let them do there jobs, then I'm okay with the hire. But will he? Time will tell. He knows what it takes to win in the SEC and perhaps a year off has made him take a step back and reevaluate himself and his flaws. I personally would have liked the Leach hire with an elite DC. Nonetheless, Miles is better than SchiaNO.

:rock:
NO!

THINK people.

If we're willing to spend $6 Million to maybe $8 Million per year then we should be able to hire most anyone we really want and need.

aTm just gave Jimbo Fisher $7.5 Million per year and a 10 year guaranteed contract.

Spending $75 Million just on their HC is making a serious statement that aTm is very serious about getting WINS and lots of them.

Everyone is talking about getting our O much better and we need to do that BUT, we all know that it's the D that WINS Championships.

Forget Les Miles, Steele, Sumlin and others that had a shot as a HC and blew it.

Why not spend the $$$$ and go steal Venables away from Clemson?

His D is awesome, he's WON a National Championship and he's a VERY exciting and passionate coach.

Watch Venables on the sidelines, his D makes a good play and he's jumping up and down along the sidelines and screaming his head off...That kind of passion and excitement does rub off on all the players on both sides of the ball!

Venables also recruits in the same areas we do so he already knows most of the top recruits that we're going after and he just might steal some top recruits away from Clemson and make them Vols.

Give him all the $$$ he needs to hire top Coordinators and position coaches that are also really good recruiters and we'll be golden for many years to come.

There's zero reasons why we need to hire a stopgap coach when we can just spend the $$$ now and forget about another coaching search 3 to 5 years from now.

Every top D player in high school knows who Clemson and Coach Venables is so we need to go steal that top D Coordinator away from Clemson and put him in Tennessee Orange as our new HC and get this show on the road!

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back