Would you root for Florida to destroy us?

If HB starts, i hope he beats the brakes off UF. If JG starts, i will sit in silence and watch the train wreck with my Big Orange shirt on like usual. The thing i will not do is root for the trashiest team/fanbase in the country.
For all you wishing for UF to beat us, Al Wilson needs a word with you in the other room.

Honest question. Given the obvious lack of development (regressed in many aspects) and the general feeling of how this is going to end anyways, will you find yourself secretly rooting for UF to kill us this weekend so we are forced to make a change?

I can’t imagine we let Pruitt continue to coach after we lose by 38 points to Florida... maybe the boosters will wake up?

I honestly believe as much as 50% of our "fan base" on VN.com is fans of other schools trolling us.

My opinion? you can not seriously contemplate this action, and still be a fan of the Tennessee Volunteers.

~ ~ ~

You're gonna say you can. Okay, here's the logic exercise to show you're wrong. Two sets of hypotheticals:

(a) What if one loss won't do it? Would you root for us to lose twice? How about if it takes three times? A whole season? Two seasons? At what point do you stop being a Vols fan? Because I'm thinking it happened the very first time you started cheering our lads to lose. There are absolutes in this world. There are lines one doesn't cross.

(b) What if we win? Would you be sad? What if we win vs A&M and Vandy, too, and end the season 5-5? Would you be miserable? Is your hatred for our coach so great you would rather see our program not do well? What if he wins the next 20 games in a row and takes the Vols to a national championship? I know that's an extreme that will not happen, but answer the question. Would you be happy with Pruitt then? Or still be angling for him to lose?

This latter hypothetical is, I think, what happened with Fulmer. The way he took over from Majors, some in the fan base thought was disloyal of Phillip. So they harboured a grudge. Almost a hatred. But they suppressed it for years and years, because he kept winning. Didn't mean they ever supported him, they just didn't complain loudly. Until he had one bad season. Then the knives came out. There are fans on this board who did that. They have openly admitted it. In my view, at some point they stopped being Vols fans and started being fans of this coach or that coach.

Back to Pruitt: stop being a fan or a critic of the coach, and start being a fan of the TEAM. You should always want the lads to win. No matter what else is happening in the program. Just win, lads, just win.

God save us from the gators/dawgs/dores/others on here pretending to be Vols (not saying you are, OP, but you sure sound like one). Go Vols!

Last edited:
Honest question. Given the obvious lack of development (regressed in many aspects) and the general feeling of how this is going to end anyways, will you find yourself secretly rooting for UF to kill us this weekend so we are forced to make a change?

I can’t imagine we let Pruitt continue to coach after we lose by 38 points to Florida... maybe the boosters will wake up?
No

No Tennessee fan would ever wish wewouldlose any game in any sport. One would not even consider such a thought.

Yeah, I am usually pretty easy going here but if you root for Florida you must turn in your Vol card.

Reactions: MMA81
If HB starts, i hope he beats the brakes off UF. If JG starts, i will sit in silence and watch the train wreck with my Big Orange shirt on like usual. The thing i will not do is root for the trashiest team/fanbase in the country.
For all you wishing for UF to beat us, Al Wilson needs a word with you in the other room.
Then we’ll call Rip

Reactions: Mrgro
If JG starts the game I have zero interest in the game or outcome. If a loss guaranteed that Pruitt would be fired and then Freeze or another known winner was guaranteed to take the helm, I’d obviously pray for a loss. But it’s all hyperbole and a guy can dream. Regardless, 2 things are for sure. We will lose to Florida and Pruitt will be the HC for the Vols next year.

I’d always root for the truth to be exposed. Any of our individual wants have no bearing on the outcome or reality of the program. If Pruitt is the right guy, I’d want that to manifest. If the wrong guy, then I want the fastest exit strategy possible.

Never. If Guarantano starts, that will happen anyway. If Bailey starts and should, I hope he performs lights out and solidifies his spot as the starter.

Let me make this clear I absolutely HATE florida!!!!! No i wouldn't!! rather em get curb stomped by Vandy!!!

I always cheer for the Vols, but as with Dooley and Jones’ last years, as soon as the inevitable beat down starts to show up, I get pissed and hope the doors get blown off in hopes that it might be the last nail in the coffin of those inept head coaches. The kids deserve better.

Absolutely! I am also cheering for A&M to kill us as well. Their defense is outstanding!

In NO situation would I ever pull for another team to beat the Vols. The great thing with this staff we don’t have to, we do an amazing job at beating ourselves.

VN Store

Back