Would you prefer to lose in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA or win the NIT?

GBOplayer

This season's basketball team was the most enjoyable to watch and probably one of the best teams in UT's history (#1 for longest time period), most wins ever, etc. However, with all these accomplishments, there will not be any banner to hang in the rafters (we missed a shot at the regular season SEC, and SEC tournament) as well as the early season tournaments. So my question is, assuming that we were in the NIT and won the tournament, then there would at least be a banner to hang. Would you rather lose in the NCAA or win the NIT tournament?

I'd rather lose a play in game in Dayton than win the NIT.
... and think about how many games you have to lose before Selection Sunday now to miss the NCAA Tournament - at least 15 if you're in the SEC and playing a quality out of conference schedule as Tennessee usually does. Florida had 15 losses on Selection Sunday and they were a 10 seed. The NIT sucks... like having a beauty pageant in a women's prison.

I’m with everyone else. I mean heck the high seeds have “real” home games vs teams no one has ever heard of or teams that had bad seasons.

NIT= Not In the Tournament . I'd take a first roundNCAAT loss over an NIT championship any day. It's embarrassing to have an NIT banner in our arena

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Well, there’s a league for people like you. It’s just not the big boy league.
I think you may have taken what I said just a shade bit too seriously… I’ll put it in blue font next time, “for people like you”

VN Store

Back