Would you prefer to lose in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA or win the NIT?

I’ll take a 2019 being added to the Sweet 16 banner opposed to a NIT banner.

This team was very capable of going further than they did, but it’s not like a Sweet 16 season is something to turn your nose up at.

Reactions: alaVOL
This season's basketball team was the most enjoyable to watch and probably one of the best teams in UT's history (#1 for longest time period), most wins ever, etc. However, with all these accomplishments, there will not be any banner to hang in the rafters (we missed a shot at the regular season SEC, and SEC tournament) as well as the early season tournaments. So my question is, assuming that we were in the NIT and won the tournament, then there would at least be a banner to hang. Would you rather lose in the NCAA or win the NIT tournament?

This can't be a serious post. Be one of sixteen teams left to win the natty or win the best of the worst tourney?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Little David Lipscomb is in the NIT final.

Good for them.
I have followed them the whole year (as much as I could from afar). I personally think they were good enough to make the "big dance". But the "big dance" has just so many slots, so now and then a team gets left put. Give it to them and several other teams in the NIT, they have not "folded their tent" and packed it in, as is done in many sports when things have not worked out to the expectations of the team/person involved. (like football teams/players have come to react to bowl games.

Reactions: illinoisvolfan1
At least you get a trophy for winning the NIT. Which is much more than we got bowing out in the 16.

NIT trophies are things you hide under your bed in shame. Like the pair of underwear you accidentaly sh!t in.

This season's basketball team was the most enjoyable to watch and probably one of the best teams in UT's history (#1 for longest time period), most wins ever, etc. However, with all these accomplishments, there will not be any banner to hang in the rafters (we missed a shot at the regular season SEC, and SEC tournament) as well as the early season tournaments. So my question is, assuming that we were in the NIT and won the tournament, then there would at least be a banner to hang. Would you rather lose in the NCAA or win the NIT tournament?
Is going further than the sweet 16 just not an option for us because “ we are Tennessee” and “ who do we think we are?” Not an attack on you I’m just curious because I’ve been seeing a lot of posters around here lately chastising anyone who thinks that we as Tennessee ever deserve to have anything better... I mean I know we aren’t basketball blue bloods like Auburn or Texas tech but it’s really disheartening to see the way a lot of this fanbase is just so thrilled with striving for table scraps and that anything better than mediocre is above our station as lowly Tennessee. Sorry rant over. I’d choose sweet 16.NIT means nothing, even less than winning a bunch of regular season games.

Yes but that doesnt mean you have to visualize hitting a home run with Rosie.

Grossed out without even getting near thinking about total nudity or sex. Alright, we've spent way too much time on this subject, NEXT!

Reactions: B EaZy40
For the most part teams who lose in the first round of the NCAA seem to get more press than the finalists in the other, so I would prefer any NCAA exposure.

I’m waiting for the “Shaka Smart>Rick Barnes because Shaka made the final” post.

Lipscomb would rather win the NIT. You know we have some pretty good BB in the state right now. UT, Memphis, Belmont, and Lipscomb,and recently MTSU.

Attachments

• UT-ChrisLofton  T.jpg
    UT-ChrisLofton T.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back