Worst College Football Coaching Hires of All Time

I think we have our winner, or loser, whichever way you look at it:

Ronald Beard - Wikipedia

I mean if you get the 4th year, seems like you might just want to roll with it and see how long it lasts. Someone in the admin had to be a little curious.

Edit: Apparently they should have stuck with him since the next guy didn't do much better. They didn't win another game until 1998.

Last edited:
That it took 25 posts to name that gump amazes me. I've seen a lot of crappy coaches, but that guy was all-time bad and a lousy human being to boot. I don't think there's a coach in our history that I dislike more than the gump.
His out-of-nowhere finish to the 2019 season probably keeps him off the list.

You know what the really amazing thing about Pruitt is? He could have won 10 games that year. It's nuts, given what a poor head coach he was.

His out-of-nowhere finish to the 2019 season probably keeps him off the list.

You know what the really amazing thing about Pruitt is? He could have won 10 games that year. It's nuts, given what a poor head coach he was.

Yep, merely show up for Georgia St. and don't choke against BYU and we're playing in a New Year's Six game probably.

I mean if you get the 4th year, seems like you might just want to roll with it and see how long it lasts. Someone in the admin had to be a little curious.

Edit: Apparently they should have stuck with him since the next guy didn't do much better. They didn't win another game until 1998.
I watched a documentary on this cesspool. If I recall correctly, the next guy had never even coached football , only playing around 25 years prior.

Last edited:
I watched a documentary on this cesspool. If i recall correctly, the next guy had never even coached football , only playing around 25 years prior.

Funny the team they finally beat sounded like they were actually worse off than PV A&M and that's probably why they won.

VN Store

Back