Worst basketball team since

If anything this team is a lesson in the importance of roster management. Barnes hasn’t done that well. some of that is not his fault and some is. He has a lot of marginal players on this roster. He lost a lot of guys who probably shouldn’t have been recruited in the first place.

Kyle Alexander is a great example. Should have been a redshirt but couldn’t because the roster Barnes inherited was so bad. Of course he didn’t exactly fight to keep Tariq Owens. Had KA redshirted he would have been a senior this year. I’m still confused that Bone didn’t see the value of coming back, but maybe he knew how bad this roster would be.
And again....uh-oh.

I think our season and tourney Hope's are on the finger tips of Jordan b, if he gets back to himself I think the team responds 😊

Maybe the 1994 Wade Houston team? This team makes the Kevin O’Neil teams look like championship teams. I’ve been watching Tennessee basketball for 50 years and have never seen more missed layups, air balls, and poor defense more than maybe 3 or 4 seasons . This team basically has no talent. Next season can’t get here soon enough

So you've been watching TN basketball for 50 years so that means you are old but you post like a jilted teenager.

You haven't posted a single thing that an informed fan didn't already know, except that you're a typical reactionary that likes to complain even under difficult circumstances. In your mind they should be a top 15 team every year. Losing Williams, Schofield and Bone was a terrible blow. This team will be much improved at the end of the year. Nothing wrong with being critical. You just choose to do it in a way that is less constructive and highly reactionary.

This is the same drivel you posted last time you were stalking me on here. Get some more material.

I just wish someone would explain why our defense suddenly disappeared. We look lost all over the court.

Lack of communication. Which is at least partly a byproduct of new guys, Vescovi, the freshman post player, Uros, and JJ do their teammates no favors. Look at the source of confusion most of the times that we are out of position, leave somebody open, or get confused on how we are going to guard an on-ball screen and most of the time one of those players is involved and they did not communicate. To be good defense must include communication. It takes some chemistry to get that too. Players must be comfortable with what they expect their teammates to do in certain situations. And right now I don't see much of that. I see confusion.

Maybe the 1994 Wade Houston team? This team makes the Kevin O’Neil teams look like championship teams. I’ve been watching Tennessee basketball for 50 years and have never seen more missed layups, air balls, and poor defense more than maybe 3 or 4 seasons . This team basically has no talent. Next season can’t get here soon enough

Lighten up, Francis...

Lack of communication. Which is at least partly a byproduct of new guys, Vescovi, the freshman post player, Uros, and JJ do their teammates no favors. Look at the source of confusion most of the times that we are out of position, leave somebody open, or get confused on how we are going to guard an on-ball screen and most of the time one of those players is involved and they did not communicate. To be good defense must include communication. It takes some chemistry to get that too. Players must be comfortable with what they expect their teammates to do in certain situations. And right now I don't see much of that. I see confusion.
That is one thing I saw Uros doing in his first game. He was one of the few trying to communicate. Even shoved Pons in the back once trying to get his attention. Didn't see much from our guards tho.

I agree. Seniors don’t do things like that
They do when thrust into the limelight. He has put so much pressure on himself because he feels the pressure of being “ the man”. Not everyone can handle the responsibility or pressure that goes with it.

Uros is sooo bad people. Also Nkamhoua is pretty bad too. Oh look, Nkamhoua just turned it over again.

This is the same drivel you posted last time you were stalking me on here. Get some more material.
You've responded twice to the same post and you're calling me a stalker? LMAO......talking about the same old crap.......I suppose I just don't get the reasoning as to why some people are miserable all the time and can only complain when they comment..

Uros is sooo bad people. Also Nkamhoua is pretty bad too. Oh look, Nkamhoua just turned it over again.
Someone that understands the game could see his form is pretty dam good, but he was short arming it. Probably because it was his first game and the nerves had taken over.

Claiming that someone is "sooo bad" is childish and ignorant

Someone that understands the game could see his form is pretty dam good, but he was short arming it. Probably because it was his first game and the nerves had taken over.

Claiming that someone is "sooo bad" is childish and ignorant

Dude is a troll, he bumped 3 threads in the span of a couple minutes just stirring the pot.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
You cant plug kids in suddenly (in the case of Vesovi literally off the street) and expect them to fulfil major roles on winning P5 basketball team unless that are really special. Tennessee was very limited talentwise before these last two guys came on and they are still limited. Some of us are expecting way too much from these guys. I know many didnt want to use the "R" word but this is a rebuilding year. If they finish .500 or above, that will be an accomplishment.

When Stokes came in midseason, 1) he was special in what he did (rebound) and 2) the team had some talent around him. None of these guys are Jarnell Stokes and they dont have the luxury to have alot of talent around them. It is a 13 man roster of role players.......nothing more at this time. And that is the fault of the head coach.

If anything this team is a lesson in the importance of roster management. Barnes hasn’t done that well. some of that is not his fault and some is. He has a lot of marginal players on this roster. He lost a lot of guys who probably shouldn’t have been recruited in the first place.

Kyle Alexander is a great example. Should have been a redshirt but couldn’t because the roster Barnes inherited was so bad. Of course he didn’t exactly fight to keep Tariq Owens. Had KA redshirted he would have been a senior this year. I’m still confused that Bone didn’t see the value of coming back, but maybe he knew how bad this roster would be.
I agree with everything here. Furthermore, it's looking like all the people that said "Grant needs to go to the draft in 2019 because the next one is going to be loaded" had no clue what they were talking about. That's not to say that I knew, but I made no declaration either way. Grant obviously made a good decision, so it's somewhat of a moot point anyway.

You've responded twice to the same post and you're calling me a stalker? LMAO......talking about the same old crap.......I suppose I just don't get the reasoning as to why some people are miserable all the time and can only complain when they comment..

Twice?

You dont get alot. You have equated my reasonable criticism to me expecting a top 15 team. That is an assinine leap.

Expecting guys to know when and how to foul is not an expectation for only top 15 teams.

Expecting guys to give effort on D is not exclusive to top 15 teams.

And I dont get people that are so soft that worthy criticism of a team on a message board, leaves said person so frail.

Heck, Barnes has echoed the same criticism.

Twice?

You dont get alot. You have equated my reasonable criticism to me expecting a top 15 team. That is an assinine leap.

Expecting guys to know when and how to foul is not an expectation for only top 15 teams.

Expecting guys to give effort on D is not exclusive to top 15 teams.

And I dont get people that are so soft that worthy criticism of a team on a message board, leaves said person so frail.

Heck, Barnes has echoed the same criticism.

I could have said top 25, 30 etc...just using a number. It wasn't meant to be specific in nature, but to only expose your posting style and your predisposition to complain when things are bad and go mum when things are good. Not sure they're not giving an effort on D. This just isn't a very good defensive team. I think the players are playing pretty hard, they're just young and inexperienced.

As far as being soft, you literally have no freaking idea as to what you're talking about. I choose not to run down 18-22 year olds with hateful criticism. That's for immature punks who have never played anything

I could have said top 25, 30 etc...just using a number. It wasn't meant to be specific in nature, but to only expose your posting style and your predisposition to complain when things are bad and go mum when things are good. Not sure they're not giving an effort on D. This just isn't a very good defensive team. I think the players are playing pretty hard, they're just young and inexperienced.

As far as being soft, you literally have no freaking idea as to what you're talking about. I choose not to run down 18-22 year olds with hateful criticism. That's for immature punks who have never played anything

Your words. Use the ones you mean.

They clearly arent playing hard at times, transition D is one of the easiest places to see that.

I am not running anyone down. This team is soft, again, even the HEAD COACH has stated this.

So now you're calling Barnes a punk in your passive aggressive style? Lol.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol

Because there wasn’t value coming back. He’s playing for an NBA organization and has seen time in NBA games this year.

I'm sure you are fishing for a reaction but I'll take it as an opportunity to remind us that Uros has not played in a game since HIGH SCHOOL two years ago. And by his own admission he was nervous. I would put ZERO stock in any assessment made about his basketball abilities in the Georgia game last night. I thought he showed good fundamentals when posting up (granted his jump hook will come in time). He's probably never going to be fast or quick enough to stop guard penetration especially once its past him. So we really need to relax on Uros. Nkamhoua to me seems to still be learning about the game and how he fits into the scheme. Those guys will take time although I did think the effort last night was no where near the effort we general see from a CRB coached team. I think we will get better this season but only time will tell.

Reactions: Lefteye
After the thrills of last season, this year is so far a bit of a let down . . . But it’s one that we should have expected. Young players. Key losses due to graduation and injury, to include the PG.

I don’t hold it against Barnes, at least not yet. Of course, I’ll admit that my reserve of good will for him was depleted a bit by his off-season flirtation with UCLA. You don’t get to do that (and deal with it the way that he did in his media statements) and then expect the fan base to show complete trust and confidence.

Yeah, it’s a business but we fans love our program . . . and after the Lane Kiffin disaster it’s delusional to not expect some rumblings when the team goes through ups and downs like this. We’re only human and we love this University. We want our coaches, especially those that get paid so much, to at least try to love it too. If you publicly state to the fanbase that the only reason you didn’t bolt was that the check wasn’t big enough, it’s not unreasonable to expect some resulting skepticism and resentment, especially when the results are less than ideal.

I think the team will grow from this and a much better by the end of the season. It’s just going to be a little frustrating to watch it happen. The payoff should come later in the year . . . and next season.

VN Store

Back