Worley ranked 13th - SEC Qaurterbacks

We have everyone where we want them. They believe we will suck and we beat the life out of them. They are not looking for our perfect storm.

Worley at the bottom of the list is a joke. That doesn't mean that he should be at the top by any means either. I hope Worley can come out this year and play his way to the top of the list because if he does that means good things are going to happen for the Vols this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Think there are no NFL QB's on this list. Maybe some of the younger one's develop but right now this is the lowest group of SEC QB's heading into a season I can remember. That bodes well for some upsets all through the year. Could be 2 loss winner of East & West.

Worley is not worse than guys that have never taken an SEC snap before. I just don't get it.
I agree its not decent to gauge a QB better than another when the anointed better has never taken an SEC snap or led a team to an SEC victory.

Worley is 5-5 with a less than stellar supporting cast and a win over South Carolina and a close call against Georgia. Go figure. I believe CBJ and crew aided by the media has engaged in a little misdirection and we and the opposition have bought it. Now if he can stop killing worms we will be ok, I hear the worm body count is down lately.

Ha! A quick google of the author reveals that he's a big South Carolina Homer! I'm sure there was a lot of objectivity in pulling this list together. Still butt hurt from last year maybe?

Great news! So...Worley is getting better than last year? This will not stand by year's end! :thud: :peace2:

GO VOLS!

Anyone with an ounce of pride and self confidence knows "It's not where you start, it's where you finish". As a man thinketh he is.

More interested in rankings in December than August... IMHO, it will be embarrassing for some of these so-called (self anointed) experts.

Wow, not an impressive list. I don't anticipate a ton of scoring in the SEC this year.

One thing I like that seems to just be incidental is that UT is "zigging" while everyone else seems to be "zagging". Unlike many, I don't think UT will be horrible on D. I think the back 7 will actually be pretty solid. But I think UT will be a team led by its O.

Being the one team with a good O when no one else seems to have one... can be a very good thing.

I am betting we had to buy additional bulletin boards for all this material that is coming out in the last few weeks. Just keep printing - hopefully this is just fueling the fire for our guys !

Besides Marshall and Worley, what other QB on that list led their team to a win over a top 11 team? Worley should not be ranked below guys who have never taken a snap in the SEC.

Worley almost lost that game so many times. The defense and North won it. Not throw pass in ground Worley.

Reactions: 2 people
Siap. Can't argue with some of the list imo. Lots of potential around the league. Only big thing for me is I'd put Wallace higher than 2 or 3 ahead of him.

1. Nick Marshall, Auburn

2. Dak Prescott, Mississippi State

3. Jeff Driskel, Florida

4. Maty Mauk, Missouri

5. Hutson Mason, Georgia

6. Dylan Thompson, South Carolina

7. Bo Wallace, Ole Miss

8. Kenny Hill, Texas A&M
9. Blake Sims/Jacob Coker, Alabama

10. Brandon Harris/Anthony Jennings, LSU

11. Patrick Towles, Kentucky

12. Brandon Allen, Arkansas

13. Justin Worley, Tennessee- Worley has a good arm and won the Vols starting job thanks to his command of the offensive system, due to his starting experience. Tennessee has a lot to replace on the offensive line, though, and Worley is a quarterback you HAVE to protect because he isn’t mobile. Obviously, if Tennessee can protect him there is enough talent at receiver for him to be higher.

14. Patton Robinette/Stephen Rivers/Johnny McCrary, Vanderbilt.

http://http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-Football-Ranking-the-Quarterbacks--30467024

this is a BULL ISH list... he needs to be at least 8 or 9.
I hope he looks at all this negative talk and turns into a all SEC type player.. High hopes? You bettcha.

Worley almost lost that game so many times. The defense and North won it. Not throw pass in ground Worley.

Really? On those passes Worley put the ball in the ONE place to be successful. If those throws were anywhere else, they would've been picked or incomplete. But he was on point. However, I guess you believe North threw the ball to himself.

I'm with other posters. Is doesn't matter that he is ranked 13 of 14 or 42nd of 14. No games have been played yet. Can't judge how Justin will play once the season starts but the young man seems to have improved over last year and is acting like a leader. Let's have this conversation again in December, or better yet, January.

We all have our opinions and it is fun to speculate. But as long as a big dog is down, he will be kicked. And right now we are a big dog that is down.

So while the big dog is down, the talking heads pick up from the end of land year and start again and nothing that happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this season is noticed until the games are played. And then, all of a sudden, a miracle happens. A team that has been down turns on a dime and plays like a winner or vice versa. Nobody saw that coming. Oh, please.

For VN, sometimes I think it would be appropriate to have a moratorium on any posts between the end of camp and the beginning of the season. I go from one thread that starts will disillusionment, dismay, and being hit on the head by large junks of falling pieces of sky to another that is all hype. On a probability curve, both could actually happen but take a breath and let this play out. Must be some psychiatrists and doctors out there making a lot of money on couch time and pushing pills. Jack Daniels sales must be off the charts right now.

Really? On those passes Worley put the ball in the ONE place to be successful. If those throws were anywhere else, they would've been picked or incomplete. But he was on point. However, I guess you believe North threw the ball to himself.

That ball was also under thrown. He couldn't even manage a touchdown in the second half. I'm surprised Worley didn't lose that game. North had to make a miracle catch to win it.

In almost every other game he played, he did bad. Remember South Alabama?

VN Store

Back