Women's College World Series

Mimi#1

Stanford and Alabama are currently playing. One strong reason I hope Alabama goes home is the love affair that Beth Mowins, Jessica Mendoza and Michele Smith have with Alabama and Montana Fouts. I think Fouts is a great pitcher, but you would think that the opposing pitcher was chopped liver, the way they have virtually ignored her. They have said a few things about her and the Stanford team, but I don't think it matters who Alabama would have been playing tonight. I think it would have been all about them no matter what. It has been an "all Alabama" broadcast. I know that would mean there would still be 3 Pac-12 teams in the world series, but I think the broadcasters would have to come up with new material for the remaining teams in the series. (And I like the announcers, and think they are very knowledgeable. I am just tired of hearing about Alabama, as if they were the greatest team playiing.)

Stanford and Alabama are currently playing. One strong reason I hope Alabama goes home is the love affair that Beth Mowins, Jessica Mendoza and Michele Smith have with Alabama and Montana Fouts. I think Fouts is a great pitcher, but you would think that the opposing pitcher was chopped liver, the way they have virtually ignored her. They have said a few things about her and the Stanford team, but I don't think it matters who Alabama would have been playing tonight. I think it would have been all about them no matter what. It has been an "all Alabama" broadcast. I know that would mean there would still be 3 Pac-12 teams in the world series, but I think the broadcasters would have to come up with new material for the remaining teams in the series. (And I like the announcers, and think they are very knowledgeable. I am just tired of hearing about Alabama, as if they were the greatest team playiing.)
So nauseating the way the media has sucked up to Alabama. They got a historically favorable draw to make the WS. Really disappointing to see Madison Shipman gush over Alabama. I know she kinda has to, but I can't help but feel like the Shipmans despise UT, and I don't get it.

So nauseating the way the media has sucked up to Alabama. They got a historically favorable draw to make the WS. Really disappointing to see Madison Shipman gush over Alabama. I know she kinda has to, but I can't help but feel like the Shipmans despise UT, and I don't get it.

Absolutely agree! I listen to a college sports show on Sirius, and whenever softball comes up the hosts were nattering about Fouts. It was constant! Rarely a mention of Rogers, whose ERA was HALF that of Fouts. Good riddance!

I don't get the impression Madison hates UT at all. Maybe Allie does...I don’t know any of their story.

Reactions: Hoosier
I don't get the impression Madison hates UT at all. Maybe Allie does...I don’t know any of their story.
I know I'm probably overreacting. Just seeing her tear up when she talks about Alabama doesn't seem right. I don't see how anyone who loves the Vols can have any affection for the evil empire, even if her sister turned traitor and joined them.

I know I'm probably overreacting. Just seeing her tear up when she talks about Alabama doesn't seem right. I don't see how anyone who loves the Vols can have any affection for the evil empire, even if her sister turned traitor and joined them.
Well, she is gonna have to suck it up now, because her sister and the rest of the Gumps are headed home 👌

Well, she is gonna have to suck it up now, because her sister and the rest of the Gumps are headed home 👌
Does anybody know why her sister transferred . Did she have a problem with a team mate ? I remember something about transferring for her “mental health “. It appears the Tenn team is having fun and they all are close so I don’t understand what she was implying .

Reactions: savannahfan
Was she still gushing over Alabama after they lost to her alma mater 10-5? If so ... that is weird.

She is talking about her sister here. Idgaf if my kid or sibling played for ISIS and played their last game, and I had the chance to give them props, I’m getting emotional. Come on now

Reactions: lvocd
It's a family thing you love your family,who do people love more than family

She is talking about her sister here. Idgaf if my kid or sibling played for ISIS and played their last game, and I had the chance to give them props, I’m getting emotional. Come on now
I understand she's family and that trumps everything. I admit I'm a little sore about it because Madison has always been one of my all-time favorites, and I was so stoked to see her little sister in orange. And, I know they feel like they don't owe the fans a darn thing, and need to do what's best for them. But, I also can't help but think she was giving the ultimate middle finger to all things Tennessee, fans included, by going to the one bitter rival. And, it's very evident that the team dynamics greatly improved after her departure.

Reactions: jeebie
Does anybody know why her sister transferred . Did she have a problem with a team mate ? I remember something about transferring for her “mental health “. It appears the Tenn team is having fun and they all are close so I don’t understand what she was implying .
As much as Ally Shipman would bring up the "family atmosphere" concerning her transfer to Alabama ... it could lead a person to surmise that she didn't get along with some of her teammates at Tennessee. Maybe there were personality conflicts, or some cattiness at hand? Who knows?

Reactions: StickMan and jeebie
Utah may as well go ahead and get on the bus back to the hotel. I've never seen so many consecutive hits.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Utah may as well go ahead and get on the bus back to the hotel. I've never seen so many consecutive hits.

In the supers, I somehow ended up watching a bit of Utah beating the Rajun Cajons.

My feeling was that they were probably going to be the weakest of World Series teams.

They have good speed, but otherwise, I was unimpressed.

In the supers, I somehow ended up watching a bit of Utah beating the Rajun Cajons.

My feeling was that they were probably going to be the weakest of World Series teams.

They have good speed, but otherwise, I was unimpressed.
I'm gonna go ahead and say the weakest team was Alabama. They had the easiest path and still barely made it there. LVs should have run ruled them.

As much as Ally Shipman would bring up the "family atmosphere" concerning her transfer to Alabama ... it could lead a person to surmise that she didn't get along with some of her teammates at Tennessee. Maybe there were personality conflicts, or some cattiness at hand? Who knows?
That's fine because i like the Lady Vols catcher that is there now better than Ally. That girl can play. This is a real good talanted Lady Vols softball team. Go Lady Vols and beat Oaklahona.

I'm gonna go ahead and say the weakest team was Alabama. They had the easiest path and still barely made it there. LVs should have run ruled them.
with two legged Hannah Montana on the hill, bama and Utah would be a close game.

VN Store

Back