Women's bracket only needs 32 teams

Tenn_Vol_Authority

Just left from watching Tennessee destroy Drake. That was not even a contest. Drake didn't belong on the same court with the Tennessee girls state champs, much less Tennessee. Just got home and looked to see if any of the other women's first round games were just as lopsided. Just as I had expected, the cloesest margi of victory for the 1 and 2 seeds was 15 points by Vandy (so far).

Most of the rest were similar blowouts.

It's not just the fact that the teams are getting beat by the top seeds, they are just getting destoyed... don't even belong there.

It was tonight when I finally had the epiphany that there are simply too many women's teams in the tournament. 32 (at the most).

Also, when I first started watching after halftime, the announcers and studio analysts were really selling this game. Saying that Tennessee was "struggling" with Drake and that Drake was still hanging around. I was concerned :ermm: ... until I saw the halftime score. Are you serious? Are you kidding? Do these propagandists not realize we have two eyes? Tennessee was up by about 20 and hit their last 6 shots of the half. When the propagandist Tennessee began to extend their lead a few moments after halftime, they were still saying that Drake was hanging around. Well, I turned that crap off when Tennessee was up 55-14 and Drake hadn't scored in the second half (it was about 10 minutes to go in the game).

I don't like being sold a bridge. I'm officially on board with anyone that says women's basketball is a joke. Tonight brought me off the fence. Embarrassing...

you care so little that you decided to make a thread about it? hmmm...

you care so little that you decided to make a thread about it? hmmm...

The fact that the haltime announcers and commentators were trying to sell it so bad was the thing that is getting to me. Why couldn't they just come out and say, "Vols are in control"? No, they had to hype it because they know that these first round games so far have been clown stomps.

Propaganda shouldn't be used to drum up interest.

Why not? It's used in every other facet of the media

This was over the top and egregious. How can a team that was down by 20 at the half, had their opponent hit their last six shots of the half, and continue to be drilled in the first few minutes of the second half be "hanging around". That is just insane! Patronizing at best, lying at worst...

This was over the top and egregious. How can a team that was down by 20 at the half, had their opponent hit their last six shots of the half, and continue to be drilled in the first few minutes of the second half be "hanging around".

They weren't leaving were they? :whistling:

I agree . . . I don't get why they moved those opening round games to off campus sites.

TVA, I thought the same thing when they said UT was struggling until I saw it was 30-14. I saw the opening two rounds in Knoxville in 2005. I could have taken 4 of my friends and destroyed Western Carolina's girls that year. They looked like a H.S. team.

There's a women's tournament? Do they preempt the poker and strongmen contests on ESPN45 to televise the games?

I agree . . . I don't get why they moved those opening round games to off campus sites.

there were serveral teams playing on their home courts. Michigan State to name one.

and UNC was up 65-15 and still had their starters in.

TVA, I thought the same thing when they said UT was struggling until I saw it was 30-14. I saw the opening two rounds in Knoxville in 2005. I could have taken 4 of my friends and destroyed Western Carolina's girls that year. They looked like a H.S. team.
The odd part about it was that not only did they say it at the half, but even after Tennessee scored a few buckets to open the second half, they said that Drake was hanging around. WTF? The didn't score a point in the second half until about the 10 minute mark...

there were serveral teams playing on their home courts. Michigan State to name one.

and UNC was up 65-15 and still had their starters in.

To my surprise, they listed the attendance in the box score . . . a rather sad 6,804.

There's a women's tournament? Do they preempt the poker and strongmen contests on ESPN45 to televise the games?
I hear a few can dunk.

Oh hey, I still don't care.

But yeah, seeing as there's only about 10 schools in the country that actually make an effort to be good at women's basketball, they should shrink the field. It has to be flat-out embarassing for a 16 or 15 seed.

VN Store

Back