Women's 3 point line moves back

You see in games where a shooter will take a small step back to get past the 3 point line, wonder if the change will change that motion, or mess with confidence shooting. If it’s the international line, then fine. Otherwise, see no particular reason to match men’s regulations. Women play against women, not men. Although I’m sure the women will admirably handle the challenge.

Last edited:
You see in games where a shooter will take a small step back to get past the 3 point line, wonder if the change will change that motion, or mess with confidence shooting. If it’s the international line, then fine. Otherwise, see no particular reason to match men’s regulations. Women play against women, not men. Although I’m sure the women will admirably handle the challenge.

Fewer lines on the shared court will be a plus too.

One outcome is that teams will better define who their 3-pt shooters actually should be designated. Those who hit 25% currently should have less freedom.

And as someone stated earlier spacing and effective screens will be emphasized. good decision IMO

Haven’t you seen that in some states men can compete against woman now?

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Although I think the court will look nicer on TV and this will likely help taller teams like the LVs, I think this is a bad move by the NCAA. Already most women’s teams really struggle making threes where the line is at now, this will just keep things going in the wrong direction. If you want the game to look and feel like the men’s game, bring the line in, not out. The women’s game is already a little slow with all the missed (often wide open) 3s, this will make that situation worse, if not basically eliminate 3s for some teams. I don’t really see this as equality or progress.

Last edited:
If you want the game to look and feel like the men’s game, bring the line in, not out.
That's the point. I don't want the game to be a 3 point shooting contest like the men's game. The beauty of the women's game is the integration of 5 players working together to make something happen. It's not just "try for a dunk and when blocked dump to the 3 point shooter on the wing or corner." The women's game is a fluid game of motion and passing where the good teams give up the good shot and make the extra pass for the great shot. It's a game where unselfishness is acclaimed and rewarded. It's players relying on each other to be where they are supposed to be at the right time. It's defenses that have to switch off screens and giving weak side help to the back door. It's basketball the way the game was meant to be played.

That's the point. I don't want the game to be a 3 point shooting contest like the men's game. The beauty of the women's game is the integration of 5 players working together to make something happen. It's not just "try for a dunk and when blocked dump to the 3 point shooter on the wing or corner." The women's game is a fluid game of motion and passing where the good teams give up the good shot and make the extra pass for the great shot. It's a game where unselfishness is acclaimed and rewarded. It's players relying on each other to be where they are supposed to be at the right time. It's defenses that have to switch off screens and giving weak side help to the back door. It's basketball the way the game was meant to be played.

That's quite a generalization to pretend that the women's game is some beacon of righteous play. We've all seen enough games to know that's not the case. Women players are not immune to trying to out-athlete vs. outplay their opponents...provided they have the horses.

The best teams, men or women, know what good basketball is and how to play it. There are also poorly coached teams on both sides.

They also should move the 3 point line back for the the NCAA men’s program and the NBA. The game would be more enjoyable to watch IMO. They also need to make the courts wider and perhaps even longer for the men.

VN Store

Back