Woke

I mean pregnant person is just objectively stupid. And yes people take it too far in being offended, I agree. But George Orwell and Newspeak key in on the control of language and what it does.

What control, tho? ABC is exercising their freedom of speech to say it how they want to, and this dude is freaking out about it like he's the bizarro world PC police that's not really bizarro anymore at all at this point. Horseshoe theory.

Reactions: NashVol11
What control, tho? ABC is exercising their freedom of speech to say it how they want to, and this dude is freaking out about it like he's the bizarro world PC police that's not really bizarro anymore at all at this point. Horseshoe theory.
Wouldn't taking something that's clearly "bizarro" (birthing person) and making it more and more "not really bizarro anymore at all at this point" actually support the point (I think) Ttucke11 was making?

Seems like what you’re doing is nut picking. Sure, he’s overreacting. Also, it’s really weird anyone would say “pregnant person”.

People just get tired of obvious attempts to gaslight the English language in order to affect a social more rather than have an actual debate about it.

Sure. But when ABC, CNN, MSNBC, then Disney, ESPN, Hallmark Channel (you get my point), etc all start using this bizarro, nonsense language it wiggles it's way in to culture. Then the WH starts using it and all of a sudden you're the UK and being prosecuted for using the wrong terminology online. If you read 1984 it shows the clear slippery slope. I agree as a singular instance, it's an overreaction and may even look silly. But the bigger picture is already rearing its head in the western world. Ireland being another good example.

Sure. But when ABC, CNN, MSNBC, then Disney, ESPN, Hallmark Channel (you get my point), etc all start using this bizarro, nonsense language it wiggles it's way in to culture. Then the WH starts using it and all of a sudden you're the UK and being prosecuted for using the wrong terminology online. If you read 1984 it shows the clear slippery slope. I agree as a singular instance, it's an overreaction and may even look silly. But the bigger picture is already rearing its head in the western world. Ireland being another good example.

Person is a word that makes sense. It's OK to use. It's not nonsense. You think the motivations behind it are nonsense.

I've read 1984. I'm not concerned about somebody using person instead of woman. Being that concerned about the type of word somebody uses, especially a word that isn't offensive, makes you the same as the extreme left that you guys claim to hate. I'm more concerned with somebody like Musk actually trying to control language, like banning "cisgender" on his platform...but even then I'm not very concerned. I'll be concerned when the 1st amendment stops working.

Reactions: NashVol11
People just get tired of obvious attempts to gaslight the English language in order to affect a social more rather than have an actual debate about it.

Gaslighting a language? That's an over-used buzzword and this may take the cake. The point of the post is it's silly for people to get much more worked up about an inoffensive word than they do domestic violence. It's OK to want to have a debate about it. But it's insane behavior to choose this moment to freak out about it. You're not a diseased mind. I'm calling out the diseased minds

Wouldn't taking something that's clearly "bizarro" (birthing person) and making it more and more "not really bizarro anymore at all at this point" actually support the point (I think) Ttucke11 was making?

No. "Bizarro world" means the inverse, not bizarre or odd, like you are using it. Like in my example, people who claim to hate PC culture are creating their own brand of PC culture. Saying person instead of woman is not an inverse.

Person is a word that makes sense. It's OK to use. It's not nonsense. You think the motivations behind it are nonsense.

I've read 1984. I'm not concerned about somebody using person instead of woman. Being that concerned about the type of word somebody uses, especially a word that isn't offensive, makes you the same as the extreme left that you guys claim to hate. I'm more concerned with somebody like Musk actually trying to control language, like banning "cisgender" on his platform...but even then I'm not very concerned. I'll be concerned when the 1st amendment stops working.
No, it makes no sense. What it does is inject a political statement in a story that shouldn't include one. Sexual assault should not be the portal for injecting politics about trannies

Another ... "California First Partner". Continued words by the democrat media to dilute women.

1701449840611.png

1st amendment will die under the premise of the term "hate speech". You see it currently happening in other western countries, and it's making its way into American culture as well. Quickly. It's coming. Whether it's next year or in 20 years. The slope is slick.

1st amendment will die under the premise of the term "hate speech". You see it currently happening in other western countries, and it's making its way into American culture as well. Quickly. It's coming. Whether it's next year or in 20 years. The slope is slick.

I'm old enough to have heard this was supposed to have happened by now when people were saying it in the 80's and 90's.

No. "Bizarro world" means the inverse, not bizarre or odd, like you are using it. Like in my example, people who claim to hate PC culture are creating their own brand of PC culture. Saying person instead of woman is not an inverse.
If the "pregnant person" is anything other than a female/woman then wouldn't the language require the inverse? Look, a pregnant human is a female...it's an absolute statement of biological fact as it requires the necessary parts to conceive/carry/birth another human. To make any part of that ambiguous I would argue is bizarre precisely because it only works from a bizarro angle. Woman as opposed to what...a pregnant male?

FWIW I can actually nerf this somewhat if it's simply written oddly without actually trying to push "the message". By this I mean "pregnant person" definitely brings some ??? whereas we all know where "birthing person" is coming from and that really brings the

I'm old enough to have heard this was supposed to have happened by now when people were saying it in the 80's and 90's.
You remember Europeans being prosecuted for hate speech from the 80s and 90s? And people in the US throwing the term around? Legit question. I'm not old enough to remember.

If the "pregnant person" is anything other than a female/woman then wouldn't the language require the inverse? Look, a pregnant human is a female...it's an absolute statement of biological fact as it requires the necessary parts to conceive/carry/birth another human. To make any part of that ambiguous I would argue is bizarre precisely because it only works from a bizarro angle. Woman as opposed to what...a pregnant male?

FWIW I can actually nerf this somewhat if it's simply written oddly without actually trying to push "the message". By this I mean "pregnant person" definitely brings some ??? whereas we all know where "birthing person" is coming from and that really brings the

Ask yourself this simple question...is a woman a person? If so, then it's not the inverse. I can't believe you've written 3 paragraphs about this, and I'm not continuing on this semantic journey with you. Find help.

VN Store

Back