Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

BisonVol

Anyone else playing this? Gave it a shot on Game Pass, and I have to admit…it’s really good. A little dumb that the first boss is so difficult, but a fun souls like game nonetheless.

Reactions: Pennheel
I might have to check it out when I have the time. I haven't played a Souls like game since Jedi:Fallen Order. In fact, looking forward to the sequel later next month.

I might have to check it out when I have the time. I haven't played a Souls like game since Jedi:Fallen Order. In fact, looking forward to the sequel later next month.

Been meaning to give Fallen Order a try for a quite a while now. After I finish Wo Long and Hogwarts Legacy I’ll probably give that a try.

Been meaning to give Fallen Order a try for a quite a while now. After I finish Wo Long and Hogwarts Legacy I’ll probably give that a try.

Yeah, definitely give that a shot if you have the chance. It was my pretty much my introduction to a souls like game and that type of gameplay. I finished Hogwarts Legacy not too long ago. I had a lot of fun with that even though I'm not crazy about Harry Potter.

Reactions: BisonVol
Still buried in Hogwarts but I'm nearing the end, Wo Long is next in line.

From gameplay I've watched it looks very Nioh, which is a great thing. I'm a sucker for Souls-likes.

Still buried in Hogwarts but I'm nearing the end, Wo Long is next in line.

From gameplay I've watched it looks very Nioh, which is a great thing. I'm a sucker for Souls-likes.

I didn’t get into souls likes until Elden Ring. I tried Bloodborne but kind of had a hard time getting into it. Elden Ring, though, was an awesome experience. Wo Long is more comparable to Bloodborne in that it isn’t open world, but the gameplay in combat is different because well timed counters / guards are essential to success, especially in boss fights.

Kind of funny... I was super excited for this game because it was announced years ago and I've kept up with its progress... or so I thought.

I had this game confused with Black Myth: Wu Kong, which doesn't come out till 2024. Kind of a gut punch, but I'll still be picking this one up.

Yeah, definitely give that a shot if you have the chance. It was my pretty much my introduction to a souls like game and that type of gameplay. I finished Hogwarts Legacy not too long ago. I had a lot of fun with that even though I'm not crazy about Harry Potter.
huh, I have never considered Fallen Order souls like.

-not arguing, just commenting-

huh, I have never considered Fallen Order souls like.

-not arguing, just commenting-

That's fine.... I know that you're not arguing and making a comment 👍 I've heard from different people that it's more souls like ,and others that it's Metroid-Vania. I haven't played Sekiro,but I've heard that it's something similar to that and there's people that don't think it's souls like either. Like I said,I haven't played many of either (Souls like or Metroid-Vania) so I might be a bit of a newbie in that regard. Either way, I'm looking forward to playing the sequel to Jedi Fallen Order.

That’s my biggest issue with the game. Overall, I think it is really good, but the first boss is wayyyy overpowered.

I tried probably 30 times. I’ll give it another shot Sunday when I’m back from the S16/E8

All whooping 15 hours of it?

Nah? Hogwarts is gonna have that locked down.

Give me 15 quality hours over a 100 filler hours any day. (Not saying that about Hogwarts) Besides I suspect it’ll be closer to 20 on a first play through if one takes their time and enjoys it. Either way, I have to say I Loved hogwarts legacy but it’s not got a chance in hell with Resident Evil 4, Spider-Man 2, Starfield, Zelda and more coming out this year. Lol but I do hope Hogwarts gets nominated at least. Was very impressed with it.

I tried probably 30 times. I’ll give it another shot Sunday when I’m back from the S16/E8

Timing on his attacks, especially in the second part of the fight, is critical. It took me several tries to finally get it down. The second boss is a good bit easier.

I don't stand a chance against this first boss. I must be doing something wrong. I can barely do damage to him.

I don't stand a chance against this first boss. I must be doing something wrong. I can barely do damage to him.

There are a couple of good YouTube videos that I watched to get me going in the right direction. I would recommend checking them out.

FINALLY took that fool down!!

Man that's one of those victories that legitimately makes you look at yourself and think "I'm a really good gamer" lol.

On the second boss now, the ape thing. Can I not remove this stupid tutorial message taking up half the screen?

On the second boss now, the ape thing. Can I not remove this stupid tutorial message taking up half the screen?

I just got past that thing earlier this evening. Better than the first guy, but was still kind of a pain in the ass.

The big, hairy cow with tentacles was pretty annoying. Still have had the most trouble from the first boss.

VN Store

Back