WNML

Calm down mr Bailey.. I think the problem people have with it is he’s quitting on his team in the middle of the season.. that is a problem for any team I’ve ever been a part of
Harrison Bailey signed with Pruitt. He didn't ask for a completely different coaching staff. No one should be upset when a player leaves after a staff gets canned.. It's a wonder he stuck around for half a season.

Reactions: davethevol
Harrison Bailey signed with Pruitt. He didn't ask for a completely different coaching staff. No one should be upset when a player leaves after a staff gets canned.. It's a wonder he stuck around for half a season.
Would’ve been better if he quit before the season. Pruitt didn’t get fired halfway through this season. Another reason not to pick a school bc of the coaches

Timing of his decision is the issue.

Not sure how a transfer announcement halfway thru the season benefits anyone?

Reactions: Lurker and Pappy
I think the cohost is the one who holds the show, even though he is often rudely interrupted by Ainge. I enjoy the show and try not to miss it. However, to me, Ainge gets a little off track with his unnecessary, sometimes bashing of players, especially QBs.. Just my opinion and I am sticking with it for the present time.

Reactions: VolunteerNut
I think the cohost is the one who holds the show, even though he is often rudely interrupted by Ainge. I enjoy the show and try not to miss it. However, to me, Ainge gets a little off track with his unnecessary, sometimes bashing of players, especially QBs.. Just my opinion and I am sticking with it for the present time.

I sit across the table from him for three hours every day. I am interested to know what you consider "unnecessary bashing of players." I'm genuinely curious because I don't hear it. If you consider honest evaluation of strengths and weaknesses to be bashing, that's fine. But I don't see how we can do anything other than that and still have any credibility.

If people ask why Harrison Bailey wasn't playing, providing the correct answer of coaches did not to trust him to run the offense because he did not execute the offense in practice is not bashing him. Saying that he was worried about the wrong things is not bashing him.

I guess it comes down to this, and it's a conversation I've had with a lot of people over the last few months. A lot of people decide which players they like based on a lot of things that have little to do with the actual reality of their football ability. People fall in love with recruiting film or rankings, how a kid interacts on social media, what his family says, or even how they've heard he performs in practice or something they saw in a spring game or in garbage time at the end of a game against a vanilla offense or defense. It has been my experience when peoples' beliefs and opinions are challenged by what we see on the field or by what those of us in the media observe or get from multiple sources, then people get a little offended.

Saw it happen with Brian Maurer last season, and it's happened since the start of this season with Bailey. A lot of people decided that they wanted to see him based on throwing a lot of check down routes late last season and a decent performance against the second and third string defense in the spring game. When they didn't see him this fall, people that had mentally decided that he was the guy were confused and a little hurt that he wasn't out there, especially when Milton struggled. We in the media do what we do and ask the same question that fans are asking and that's why? I myself spoke to literally dozens of people that have watched practice. From members of the staff to pro scouts that I have a relationship with to VFLs that get to watch it. And not one of those people felt like Bailey was above third string. Not one. People cited a slow release and some other physical things, but the thing I heard most often was that he just didn't grasp the offense and had difficulty executing it against even the scout team. So we bring that information to the show and there are people constantly calling in and tweeting at us that we're bashing Bailey. We're not bashing anyone, we're providing the analysis that people have asked for.

If you don't want to hear that, that's ok, there are plenty of radio and audio options around town and on satellite. But the thing that has been different with Bailey has been that every outlet has been saying the same things about him because no one has any sources that say anything else. Bailey not being able to play here isn't one guy's opinion, it's been what everyone in the market has been saying since the spring. And a lot of us don't even agree on what color the sky is, but we all agree on this because it's the truth.

I sit across the table from him for three hours every day. I am interested to know what you consider "unnecessary bashing of players." I'm genuinely curious because I don't hear it. If you consider honest evaluation of strengths and weaknesses to be bashing, that's fine. But I don't see how we can do anything other than that and still have any credibility.

If people ask why Harrison Bailey wasn't playing, providing the correct answer of coaches did not to trust him to run the offense because he did not execute the offense in practice is not bashing him. Saying that he was worried about the wrong things is not bashing him.

I guess it comes down to this, and it's a conversation I've had with a lot of people over the last few months. A lot of people decide which players they like based on a lot of things that have little to do with the actual reality of their football ability. People fall in love with recruiting film or rankings, how a kid interacts on social media, what his family says, or even how they've heard he performs in practice or something they saw in a spring game or in garbage time at the end of a game against a vanilla offense or defense. It has been my experience when peoples' beliefs and opinions are challenged by what we see on the field or by what those of us in the media observe or get from multiple sources, then people get a little offended.

Saw it happen with Brian Maurer last season, and it's happened since the start of this season with Bailey. A lot of people decided that they wanted to see him based on throwing a lot of check down routes late last season and a decent performance against the second and third string defense in the spring game. When they didn't see him this fall, people that had mentally decided that he was the guy were confused and a little hurt that he wasn't out there, especially when Milton struggled. We in the media do what we do and ask the same question that fans are asking and that's why? I myself spoke to literally dozens of people that have watched practice. From members of the staff to pro scouts that I have a relationship with to VFLs that get to watch it. And not one of those people felt like Bailey was above third string. Not one. People cited a slow release and some other physical things, but the thing I heard most often was that he just didn't grasp the offense and had difficulty executing it against even the scout team. So we bring that information to the show and there are people constantly calling in and tweeting at us that we're bashing Bailey. We're not bashing anyone, we're providing the analysis that people have asked for.

If you don't want to hear that, that's ok, there are plenty of radio and audio options around town and on satellite. But the thing that has been different with Bailey has been that every outlet has been saying the same things about him because no one has any sources that say anything else. Bailey not being able to play here isn't one guy's opinion, it's been what everyone in the market has been saying since the spring. And a lot of us don't even agree on what color the sky is, but we all agree on this because it's the truth.
I think towards the end of Fulmer’s coaching days, most of us saw John Adams’ articles as hatchet jobs. But, in hindsight, much of what he said was true. It was hard to take off the orange-tinted glasses and to be objectionable. Many of us have been sunshine pumpers for the last few coaching staffs even when the warning signs were there that things really weren’t going well.

I think that as I get older, I’ve been able to remove those orange-tinted glasses and see things from a stance that’s closer to being based in reality. I honestly believe that you and EA bring the truth on situations and are able to discuss all things UT in a way that is fair. I’m sure it’s an incredibly hard job to not be overly critical or to be a sunshine pumper and to just lay out the facts. I have no doubt that your show is the most informative and balanced with regards to UT.

Reactions: OllVol
Not worried about Bailey’s decision or WNMLs take on it. Young man SHOULD do what’s right for him. That aside, I don’t even listen to WNML with the exception of hearing what Tim Irwin has to say on Sunday morning. Their content is mostly boring, horrible takes half the time and completely lacking in entertainment. It FoxSportKnox or Basilio for me.

Reactions: Zues1
Would’ve been better if he quit before the season. Pruitt didn’t get fired halfway through this season. Another reason not to pick a school bc of the coaches
The vast majority of kids pick schools based on the coaches. That’s never going to change.

You think all those Bama 5 stars went there because they like being surrounded by a bunch of toothless meth heads? Of course not. They went there because of Saban.

Reactions: Godfatha
I'm willing to wager he never becomes anything close to what you think he will become. The kid quit in the middle of the year dude. I guess you think it's okay to quit. Quitting has never been acceptable. When **** gets tough, you gotta get better. Period.
How is it quitting when he wasn’t even getting any playing time? Geez. I don’t blame him for not sticking around. At some point you have to think about yourself.

How is it quitting when he wasn’t even getting any playing time? Geez. I don’t blame him for not sticking around. At some point you have to think about yourself.
It's quitting. Just like Calvin Ridley quit on his teammates in the middle of the season yesterday.

Oh ok. He should just warm the bench to please people like you 🙄
Nah, you work hard and you earn it. If you're good enough, you'll win the position. Period. You do not quit during the middle of the season. This is the problem with the transfer portal, it gives an easy out to anyone that feels like they're getting ousted, when they could just work their ass off instead of saying oh well, I'm out.

Reactions: KptVFL
The vast majority of kids pick schools based on the coaches. That’s never going to change.

You think all those Bama 5 stars went there because they like being surrounded by a bunch of toothless meth heads? Of course not. They went there because of Saban.
That’s fine, but they better prepare to get sh on when they quit in their team midway through a season

You can fight it all you want, but the facts are real. Harrison Bailey was passed up by two coaching staffs for a reason. I have heard from several that his arm strength isn't there for big time power 5 football. Did you not see him towards the end of The Tennessee Tech game? He was in the middle of a series and looked completely gassed and lost, the offense is way too fast for him. He is not fit to run this offense and his decision making is very questionable. Bailey could be good at a lower end D1 school or a superstar in D2. The reality is that a decent number of 4 and 5 stars in high school don't pan out all the time. I wish Bailey the best, but he should've never quit on his team during the middle of the year.

Maybe those "stars" came from heaving the ball in the general vicinity of Gilbert.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE

Unfortunately for Bailey, he came in when fans wanted another option besides JG. Some never let go of that. Timing is everything.

Reactions: KptVFL

To be honest I havent listened to the show in years. I have never heard anyone kiss ass like EA did to Butch Jones. Regardless of his many mistakes EA ALWAYS had his back. Always had his back UNTIL the writing was on the wall then EA did a 180. Acted like he never was a Jones defender etc. It was sickening to hear him defend him week after week. I have little doubt that you are correct in what others were saying about HB. It would be hard for me to hear EA criticize though. Am I the only that remembers EA's LSU performance? Possibly the worst QB disaster in our history? Has Bailey every performed as poorly?

It may have already been mentioned, but my biggest disagreement with your post is saying Ainge was a great quarterback. Good maybe, but not great. I still remember the fumble and pick six (from the endzone when he just flung the ball) in the 2005 LSU game, and the pick 6 (when we were nursing a 1 point lead) in the 2007 SEC Championship game against LSU.
Hard to blame the pick six on Ainge! If you saw the LSU player that intercepted the ball interviewed after the game he said "man that wasn't nothing! We knew what play they were gonna run by their alignment, all I had to do is step in front of the guy.....we seen it on film!" Fulmer called a play we had used all year in SEC Championship game and we got burned! Bad planning on his part, or he got lazy! He bragged about our huge playbook and used same stale plays all season long. Seems to me the championship game would be a good place to try some new plays!

Hard to blame the pick six on Ainge! If you saw the LSU player that intercepted the ball interviewed after the game he said "man that wasn't nothing! We knew what play they were gonna run by their alignment, all I had to do is step in front of the guy.....we seen it on film!" Fulmer called a play we had used all year in SEC Championship game and we got burned! Bad planning on his part, or he got lazy! He bragged about our huge playbook and used same stale plays all season long. Seems to me the championship game would be a good place to try some new plays!
That was a Cutcliffe call. And the biggest mistake was the call on the second interception, not the pick 6. You gain 45 yards on a screen, you don't hurry to the line and throw again. You run the ball up the middle.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Will West still sucks.

Reactions: TNnative
John Wilkerson is the best. Unfortunately they pair him with Jimmy. Not a Hyams fan. Or a Heather fan. Or a Tyler or Will fan. But other than that, I guess I'm mostly okay with everyone else. So, you know, it's only like half of their on-air talent I'm not a fan of....

VN Store

Back