WNBA draft

Yeah, when Holly Rowe said that I saw red. Pretty sure ( but not certain) it was Naz Hillmon she said that to, and I'm thinking maybe somebody may have given Rowe some grief for it, because later on she made a BFD about Hillmon being her No.1 player to watch (or some such) in the entire draft.

Even if everyone knows how difficult it is for second- and third-round picks to stick in the league their first season to try, you sure as hell don't ruin put a damper on their proud moment by saying it to them! The 36th pick deserves to feel as proud and hopeful as the top 10s.

Still mad.

People are really mad that Khayla Pointer got chosen over Destiny Henderson. I like Pointers game and to me they are both good but you get scoring and a good floor leader with Pointer. Henderson is good too for sure. I don't just think this pic was about Nikki being her aunt but she is that scrappy type of scrappy player becky hammon turned out to be....

People are really mad that Khayla Pointer got chosen over Destiny Henderson. I like Pointers game and to me they are both good but you get scoring and a good floor leader with Pointer. Henderson is good too for sure. I don't just think this pic was about Nikki being her aunt but she is that scrappy type of scrappy player becky hammon turned out to be....
Agreed. And different teams have different needs. Once you get beyond picks 1-5, it’s harder to predict who will go where.

Yeah, when Holly Rowe said that I saw red. Pretty sure ( but not certain) it was Naz Hillmon she said that to, and I'm thinking maybe somebody may have given Rowe some grief for it, because later on she made a BFD about Hillmon being her No.1 player to watch (or some such) in the entire draft.

Even if everyone knows how difficult it is for second- and third-round picks to stick in the league their first season to try, you sure as hell don't ruin put a damper on their proud moment by saying it to them! The 36th pick deserves to feel as proud and hopeful as the top 10s.

Still mad.
Unnecessary. 🤬

Reactions: Lucy
I could be wrong, but didn't Henderson just get good this year? I remember her before as a big turnover, low percentage shooting kinda player. I only remember any consistency from her late this year. IMO Pointer is the better player.

I could be wrong, but didn't Henderson just get good this year? I remember her before as a big turnover, low percentage shooting kinda player. I only remember any consistency from her late this year. IMO Pointer is the better player.
She was good last year too. She had some high profile games where she was downright awful, but overall, last season was her best one.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
As for Pointer being chosen over Henny, I thought it was an excellent choice. Both players are great, but we can be 100% certain that Aces president Nikki Fargas knows enough about her niece/former player's game that she understands how she could help their organization. Pointer was a hustling scoring machine her entire career. Strong pick.

Now, did Fargas have a "It's Good to Be Queen" moment when they drafted Faustine Aifuwa with their last pick? Maybe. We'll see.

Was Staiti in the draft last night? If not, that’s another big fail for Joni Taylor IMO. Staiti has all the pieces to her game to be a WNBA player. Reminds me of Stef Dolson in a lot of ways but not as good a passer.

Has Joni coached anyone to the WNBA? Hate to beat a dead horse but I absolutely do not see the appeal with her that everyone else does. Really don’t think she can coach and have yet to see her develop a player beyond how they came to her.

Was Staiti in the draft last night? If not, that’s another big fail for Joni Taylor IMO. Staiti has all the pieces to her game to be a WNBA player. Reminds me of Stef Dolson in a lot of ways but not as good a passer.

Has Joni coached anyone to the WNBA? Hate to beat a dead horse but I absolutely do not see the appeal with her that everyone else does. Really don’t think she can coach and have yet to see her develop a player beyond how they came to her.
Did the assistant who did most of the in game Coaching go with her to Texas A&M? If not, we’ll see which school got the better Coach, I think Georgia did with Coach Abe.

Reactions: VolBall09
Did the assistant who did most of the in game Coaching go with her to Texas A&M? If not, we’ll see which school got the better Coach, I think Georgia did with Coach Abe.

I’m not sure at this point. They have not listed any of her assistants yet. That’s my thought as well…that gal definitely seemed to be doing the bulk of the Xs and Os coaching to me.

I also think UGA got the hot end of this deal. Really think Joni could see the writing on the wall and knew she was in for a few rough seasons. Decided to jump while she still had a decent footing to do so.

Coach Abe can coach some defense and there is no question about who is in charge when she is on the sideline. Really commanding personality and it like it.

VN Store

Back