WNBA draft

Lexie is a great selection for Indiana. She plays incredibly hard on both ends and has the size and guard skills to impact the next level. She can really light a team up, can not play off her. Saw some teams try…
She is, but not at #6. They could have gotten her in the 2nd round. Same with Queen at #10.

Engstler and obviously Smith are great pickups for them, but they wasted 2 first round picks. That's right up there with wasting #4 on Gonzedrick last season. I think Dunn has lost the plot.

Last edited:
Welp, so much for the experts and their mock drafts.
You can never predict what Indiana will do, because they just don't know how to smartly use their first round draft picks. That alone will screw up any mock draft.

I think the only thing that was all but written in the stars was that Howard, Smith, Austin, Engstler and Sabally were going to be top 8 picks.

I think we're at the point that teams are recruiting best available now and dangling them as trade bait. Aside from Henderson and Cunane, not sure any of the others have a real shot at being drafted by whomever is drafting them.

How often does UConn fail to place anyone in the first round?
Especially three players that were top 5 HS players.

Honestly, I don't see any of them making a roster. Christyn Williams just got picked at #13, but she's got an upward battle.

Hillmon just picked by Atlanta at #15. Poor Destanni and Elissa. I think they are the only invited players that haven't heard their name yet.

Reactions: bballnut90
She is, but not at #6. They could have gotten her in the 2nd round. Same with Queen at #10.

Engstler and obviously Smith are great pickups for them, but they wasted 2 first round picks. That's right up there with wasting #4 on Gonzedrick last season. I think Dunn has lost the plot.

Who would you have drafted instead?

Who would you have drafted instead?
They have a lot of depth at off-guard/wing, and I don't think Hull is better than the players they have on the roster or training camp. I wouldn't be surprised if Lexie got cut in training camp. Indy isn't deep in the post or PG. Cunane, Hillmon or Cubaj would have been better for their roster need to go with Smith/Engstler. Henderson, Pointer, Clouden or Burton would have been good picks for PGs that are outside threats.

*Well, they just picked Henderson. Will be interesting to see whether her or Lexie makes the final roster.

Nelson-Ododa 21st overall to LA. Makes me chuckle thinking of the olden days when you would simply NOT have a Lady Vol and a Husky on the same team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Nelson-Ododa 21st overall to LA. Makes me chuckle thinking of the olden days when you would simply NOT have a Lady Vol and a Husky on the same team.
Yeah, good luck to her. Doubt she makes LA's roster with the O Sisters, Cambage, Cox, and Zahui all at training camp playing the 4/5.

Evina just got picked up by Seattle in the late 2nd round. Best of luck to her and ONO with whatever teams sign them to a training camp contract after they get cut by their drafted teams.

Sika Kone drafted at #29. I wonder what's up with that? She was a first round pick in all of the mock drafts.

Happy to see Ameysha Williams-Holliday drafted in the 3rd round. She has a great story, and I'm rooting for her to make a roster even if it's a longshot.

Sika Kone drafted at #29. I wonder what's up with that? She was a first round pick in all of the mock drafts.

Happy to see Ameysha Williams-Holliday drafted in the 3rd round. She has a great story, and I'm rooting for her to make a roster even if it's a longshot.
Teams didn't want to select her that high out of fear she wouldn't come over this season. Selecting her there and being able to stash her for a season or two is a good choice for NY I think.

Especially three players that were top 5 HS players.

Honestly, I don't see any of them making a roster. Christyn Williams just got picked at #13, but she's got an upward battle.

Hillmon just picked by Atlanta at #15. Poor Destanni and Elissa. I think they are the only invited players that haven't heard their name yet.
They did not improve their games during their tenure at UConn.

VN Store

Back