WNBA draft

I could see Henderson going in the first round.

I think she should be off the board waaaay before Clouden and Burton that’s for sure. While she doesn’t have the same stats I think she’s just as good if not better than Burton defensively and while she’s never had a 50 point outburst I think she’s as good offensively as Clouden. Also factor in she’s played against the best teams in the country for 4 years while those other two ladies haven’t is big especially at the next level where everyone is much more talented. I think she could have an impact from day 1 versus the other two PGs.

Is this a fansite? Seems that some of those picks are...out there.

I think the only certainty is that Rhyne and NaLyssa will be the first two picks (in some order) and Shakira Austin will go high.

I have no idea, but I was thinking with the site being named Lines.com that maybe it was somehow referring to betting lines, and folks who follow betting lines are usually decent at keeping up with info.

I see they agree with me on Engstler. I was so impressed by her over the weekend.

As for Rae, my gut feeling is that she'll drop pretty low. Not because she's not a dynamic player and capable scorer, but because of her ball-handling. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think she drops below mid-second round. I don't think this is a terribly talented draft, and there's gonna be a lot of picks based on potential, not results.

Reactions: Remy
I see they agree with me on Engstler. I was so impressed by her over the weekend.

As for Rae, my gut feeling is that she'll drop pretty low. Not because she's not a dynamic player and capable scorer, but because of her ball-handling. I hope I'm wrong.

I think part of Rae’s ball handling issues is that she is never practicing it against a live person. I have seen 1,000 videos of her training at this point. She’s always doing drills around a chair or some other piece of equipment.

It’s just not the same, if you’re gonna be 6’1” and handle the ball you have to learn to protect it naturally with your body or it will get knocked away all the time. She needs to have a really speedy guy guard her when she’s doing drills and get stronger with her handle.

I don't think she drops below mid-second round. I don't think this is a terribly talented draft, and there's gonna be a lot of picks based on potential, not results.

I agree about the talent, but this is a tough year to make a team. There are probably fewer than usual open spots for rookies, and a lot of teams are knocking at their cap levels, so drafting someone solely for potential may not be an option.

I agree about the talent, but this is a tough year to make a team. There are probably fewer than usual open spots for rookies, and a lot of teams are knocking at their cap levels, so drafting someone solely for potential may not be an option.
I'm just talking about where players will be drafted. I can totally see first round picks not even making the team. This is not an impressive draft outside of maybe the top 5-6, and there are veterans signing to training camp contracts that are going to be fighting for those roster spots.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think part of Rae’s ball handling issues is that she is never practicing it against a live person. I have seen 1,000 videos of her training at this point. She’s always doing drills around a chair or some other piece of equipment.

It’s just not the same, if you’re gonna be 6’1” and handle the ball you have to learn to protect it naturally with your body or it will get knocked away all the time. She needs to have a really speedy guy guard her when she’s doing drills and get stronger with her handle.

That may be part of it, but my eagle eye thinks it sees, for lack of a better way to put it, a little bit of clumsiness. She's a great player -- one of my faves -- but she has got to continue working on coordinating her thoughts and movements. The dribbling-off-the-foot thing is a result of that disconnect. IMO, Rae is one of those players who would benefit greatly from a regular routine of using visualization techniques to help train her brain. Sounds crazy to some, but it's not. :)

Reactions: orange beard
Interesting mock draft. I think there's a huge drop off after the top 3. I'd expect Henderson/Cunane to go a lot higher. Nelson-Ododa too someone will take a risk on, athletic 6-5 players don't grow on trees. Same with Queen Egbo, no way she should drop to 3rd round. Engstler I think will be a fantastic pro--excellent defender, tons of grit/hustle, good size, good jumper. I'd consider taking Hull a lot higher than 3rd round. Christyn Williams in the first round is a major head scratcher to me. Too often disappears in big games, just an average jumpshot and isn't a standout athlete. I don't see what she brings to the table besides height as a 2 guard. I think Burrell is in a tough spot...she isn't playing at a WNBA level so I think she'll have a tough time making a roster. Had she returned to Tennessee and had a healthy year, she could've been a high draft pick in 2023. Wish her the best though.

Dos anyone think Alexus Dye has a chance of being drafted? Because I think she was one of the most consistently dynamic players of the entire post-season and would make somebody a hard working player off the bench. And she will only get better and better into her mid- to late-20s.

Dos anyone think Alexus Dye has a chance of being drafted? Because I think she was one of the most consistently dynamic players of the entire post-season and would make somebody a hard working player off the bench. And she will only get better and better into her mid- to late-20s.
Maybe drafted late 3rd round, but minimal to no chance of making a roster. She's an undersized inside player who would need to play the perimeter in the W, and she lacks the skillset to do so. This is one of the hardest leagues to make a final roster, so you pretty much have to have the complete package in training camp.

Most players don't need to get drafted because they can go to open camp fight their way in. I think she's a great player and wished she had played 2yrs with us. I see her in a wnba team later

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I imagine it's a huge point of pride just to get drafted, even knowing full well making a roster is extremely difficult. I would love to just know Snoop got to hear her name called so that forevermore she'll be able to say shecwas drafted by the WNBA. 🤗

She'll definitely play professional basketball somewhere. My newest concern, though, is that a lot of opportunities are likely gone now that Russia has taken the route it has. 😢

VN Store

Back