WNBA discussion thread?

Kinda embarrassing if Chicago doesn't close this out against Minnesota.

Edit: Sloot came in clutch, but they let a 14 point lead go. You better not lose to a team that's purposefully tanking lol.

Last edited:
Kinda embarrassing if Chicago doesn't close this out against Minnesota.

Edit: Sloot came in clutch, but they let a 14 point lead go. You better not lose to a team that's purposefully tanking lol.

I haven't decided for sure that they are purposefully tanking, and the reason I have doubts that they are is because it seems too obvious that they are. It seems SO much like it that surely it couldn't be true! It very well could just be a matter of unbelievable indecisiveness at the front office. It's too bizarre to be orchestrated on purpose.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
The lynx are so out of shape. Just pisses me off watching them knowing how good Rennia is.

Carlton is a brick layer and is absolutely sucking air.

Westbrook is still a joke.

Love seeing them get their butt kicked. The Sky are so fun to watch again. Great mix of young players and veteran talent.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I'm most excited about the young Fever this year after so many years of being so bad. If they keep that group together they could be super good in three years.

I haven't decided for sure that they are purposefully tanking, and the reason I have doubts that they are is because it seems too obvious that they are. It seems SO much like it that surely it couldn't be true! It very well could just be a matter of unbelievable indecisiveness at the front office. It's too bizarre to be orchestrated on purpose.
A good tank is indistinguishable from a bad season, as the saying goes (the saying I just created). With Fowles leaving, it makes sense to tank...but there's fine line.

And to VB09, I'm gonna go ahead and say that Westbrook had some good assists tonight, but Carlton's hold on Reeve is definitely a mystery. Milic is a steal for Minnesota just like Gardner is for Chicago, two experienced rookies that are balling.

Rhyne Howard and A'ja Wilson are your WNBA players of the week I always felt Howard's game was more suitable for the pro level because she won't slack like she could in college and get away with it she knows she will be held accountable now jmo

What in the world had Skylar Diggins-Smith and Diana Taurasi so upset with each other in their game against the Aces? Skylar was visibly shaken, and literally SHA-KING with a severe case of bouncy-legs, that eventually resulted in the two teammates having words during a timeout and forcing teammates to bring them down.

It is no surprise to anyone who has ever competed at a high level that there are occasional bursts of craziness between even very close teammates that come up in the heat of certain moments. But the obvious buildup of seething anger that showed all over Diggins-Smith's body language was kinda shocking.

Anyone have any idea why she was so upset?

As an aside, does Diggins-Smith look extra-extra thin these days, or is it just my imagination? 😳

Last edited:
I can't stand both of them, but Skyler has no business getting in Diana's face. This may be the first time I'm on Diana's side. U don't get in Micheal Jordan's face no matter wat. She could've sit down like Diana and run her mouth, as if she could fight when it comes to fighting Diana. Have you'll watched Skyler lately....She wana be bad Diana try to fight players, yelling, oh my, learn how to take frustration...

Reactions: LVsinceJV
I can't stand both of them, but Skyler has no business getting in Diana's face. This may be the first time I'm on Diana's side. U don't get in Micheal Jordan's face no matter wat. She could've sit down like Diana and run her mouth, as if she could fight when it comes to fighting Diana. Have you'll watched Skyler lately....She wana be bad Diana try to fight players, yelling, oh my, learn how to take frustration...

That didn’t appear to be what happened to me. Seemed like Skylar was pissed about something. She got up to talk to someone else and as usual Diana ran her mouth and Skylar responded.

Diana is well past her prime and needs to head out to pasture. I mean they already gave her the GOAT trophy 😂🙃 I’m so tired of seeing her face. The league needs a makeover.

Needs to start by getting rid of all these old ass UConn players and rebrand with young talent. Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi are just taking advantage at this point. There are hundreds of players not on a roster that have more to contribute. Idc how good you WERE pro sports is about how good you ARE now.

WNBA also needs to work significantly on their streaming and their app. I have half a mind to ask for my money back. Paid for league pass and can hardly watch any of the games because their tech sucks so bad and they don’t have their platform up to modern standards.

Last edited:
Skylar Diggins gets into a confrontation or starts sh!t every game these days, not surprised it's with her own teammate. Her and Mabrey even got into it with Skylar jawwing off in her face, and I don't think other ND folks like her either. She's a whiner, always seeming angry about something, even got T'd up the other day for cussing at a ref. I really wish Diamond had been able to stay in Chicago because Phoenix just has the worst team energy (if you will).

Skylar Diggins gets into a confrontation or starts sh!t every game these days, not surprised it's with her own teammate. Her and Mabrey even got into it with Skylar jawwing off in her face, and I don't think other ND folks like her either. She's a whiner, always seeming angry about something, even got T'd up the other day for cussing at a ref. I really wish Diamond had been able to stay in Chicago because Phoenix just has the worst team energy (if you will).

DT would have whupped her tail

VN Store

Back