WNBA discussion thread?

As everyone already knows, I'm not the least bit surprised. Parker did her best, but she played the last two games on fumes. It's a wonder she could go at all.

Should be a good final series.

Glad I forgot the game was tonight. Spent the time helping my MIL [yes, she's still alive & kicking] do some online shopping for lingerie. lol

Looks like Quigly should have been let go and Diamond should have stayed with Chicago. She and parker should both retire. imho.

Glad I forgot the game was tonight. Spent the time helping my MIL [yes, she's still alive & kicking] do some online shopping for lingerie. lol

Looks like Quigly should have been let go and Diamond should have stayed with Chicago. She and parker should both retire. imho.

A really bad hot take on CP3. She was spectacular through games 1-3. It is a tragedy the Sky let game 1 slip because Parker had an absolute legend game. But after Thomas corked her knee with a terrible dirty play in game 3 (that should have been reviewed), CP3 has not been the same.

I am betting she is playing through a quad muscle contusion and maybe even a mild knee sprain. Her mobility is clearly effected.

I agree they needed Diamond as the spark off the bench., She can defend as well as Gardner but also could have provided some offensive punch.

Quigley picked a terrible time to get into a shooting slump. That is what she brings and when her shot is not dropping, she becomes a liability.

Last edited:
FYI, the USA team is playing an intrasquad scrimmage tonight at 10 pm ET on NBA.TV. Eight of the 25 players on the roster won't be playing because they're in the WNBA finals.

Congrats to the Aces! I enjoyed the finals. Just wish Chicago had made it.
Aces were the best team this season. I hate to say it but they would have probably taken the Sky in 4 as well,

I hope CP3 comes back and the Sky brings in a little more talent so she can end on championship. Candace, Copper, Meesemen is a strong core to build around. They mainly need some upgrades at the guard slots and more offensively gifted 6th player off the bench.

Reactions: sisaq
Aces were the best team this season. I hate to say it but they would have probably taken the Sky in 4 as well,

I hope CP3 comes back and the Sky brings in a little more talent so she can end on championship. Candace, Copper, Meesemen is a strong core to build around. They mainly need some upgrades at the guard slots and more offensively gifted 6th player off the bench.

If they have Diamond they would've won

Reactions: madtownvol
Resurrecting this thread.

Candace has signed with Las Vegas to join what was already a super team, and Breanna Stewart is now headed to New York. This is getting wild!

Reactions: travis929
Resurrecting this thread.

Candace has signed with Las Vegas to join what was already a super team, and Breanna Stewart is now headed to New York. This is getting wild!

And Vandersloot to NY as well. The WNBA now has two super teams will likely duke it out for the title. I still like the Aces but the Liberty are right there.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Wilson/Parker without a doubt IMO. Stewie and Jones are better from the perimeter but Wilson and Parker will own that matchup on physicality alone.
Parker's older and prone to nagging injuries, and I doubt she plays enough minutes per game to give a truly equal matchup. I'd look for her to provide decisive leadership and a necessary spark and push if needed, she's great at that. Since it would probably be Candace vs Stewie at the 4, I'd give NY the edge on youth alone, but I think Becky is a better coach and the Aces will have already established chemistry that NY won't have. Aces with the edge overall, imo, but it'll be really fun to watch this develop.

Wilson/Parker without a doubt IMO. Stewie and Jones are better from the perimeter but Wilson and Parker will own that matchup on physicality alone.
Sold on Stewart. Not quite sure I'm sold on Jonquel. I agree that she's not the most physical player. Seemed like she was the finesse to Jones/Thomas' brute.

Sold on Stewart. Not quite sure I'm sold on Jonquel. I agree that she's not the most physical player. Seemed like she was the finesse to Jones/Thomas' brute.
Agreed, Jonquel Jones doesn't seem like she enjoys being in the paint, and A'ja Wilson can bang down low with the best of them. NY's other "finesse big," Han Xu, is someone I'd love to see on a team where she'd get more minutes.

Unbelievable! She's a machine. Hard to imagine anyone ever duplicating this feat.

Context is Sabrina's been under extreme fire this week from certain WNBA media and even opposing players bc she was chosen to be on the cover of a new video game. They felt she was undeserving and that her selection was race-based (surprise!). Not sure about that part or not, but hard to say her play is undeserving after knocking them down like that.

Unbelievable! She's a machine. Hard to imagine anyone ever duplicating this feat.

Context is Sabrina's been under extreme fire this week from certain WNBA media and even opposing players bc she was chosen to be on the cover of a new video game. They felt she was undeserving and that her selection was race-based (surprise!). Not sure about that part or not, but hard to say her play is undeserving after knocking them down like that.
This young lady has made the game better with some others so her being the face of a video game shouldn't be an issue a amongst her fellow players.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

More context is that she's been very streaky this season, with some especially terrible games early on. Players seems to feel like she's overrated, and don't seem to have the best rapport with her. It's not as straight forward as "they hate her cuz she's white" lol.

This was an excellent performance on her part though, probably in response to the hate. I feel sorry for my girl Allie Quigley!!

For the ones in the media that were slobbering over the LasVegas Aces, not so fast the New York Liberty have smoked them 2 times in a row final score not even close... Stewart over Wilson all day long...

Last edited:
For the ones in the media that were slobbering over the Last Vegas Aces, not so fast the New York Liberty have smoked them 2 times in a row final score not even close... Stewart over Wilson all day long...

The Liberty does seem to pose some mighty match-up problems for the Aces. Stewarts ability to score from outside as well as in the paint does make her a much tougher cover than Wilson. Not sure getting Candace back from injury (If and when) will make much difference.

VN Store

Back