Wiseman ineligible

Apparently the TSSAA and NCAA were told all the information about the move and payments. The payment was also a loan to be paid back. The NCAA cleared him in May and they don't have any new info according to a friend, well he was my former lawyer. Anyway there's an update.

Glad you are rooting for the NCAA.
It would be nice if they got something right for once. Schools and coaches that do shady things deserve to be punished. Unfortunately they usually skate and it's the minor things that get hammered. Miami and UNC come to mind as schools that were allowed to skate.

Reactions: tbwhhs
It would be nice if they got something right for once. Schools and coaches that do shady things deserve to be punished. Unfortunately they usually skate and it's the minor things that get hammered. Miami and UNC come to mind as schools that were allowed to skate.

I agree. I also think UT should do this with Uros. Just my opinion. NCAA sucks.

How is he affording the attorney I wonder? Probably an impermissible benefit in that.

Unless something new comes out, this is as clear cut as it gets. He's ineligible and Penny and Memphis should go down in epic fashion after playing him in defiance of the NCAA ruling.

The court case with the TSSAA was never resolved in court. They ran out the clock on his eligibility with delays. I guess Penny isn't looking at staying at Memphis beyond this year with how they are playing this one out.

I’m ok with this. The memorial Manning relocation camp begins this summer. This is a fundamental development league/camp for the nations top football and basketball talent looking for a new beginning in Knoxville.

I hate Memphis and I hate the NCAA. I do respect anyone that gives the NCAA a middle finger, however.

Penny didn’t give the ncaa the middle finger.

penny said “hey kid come down here....I’m going to help my career off your back, and hey I might even screw your chance to play college ball in the process.......oh and I may screw other kids.....and the Memphis program to boot.”

That’s what Penny did.

I understand how Prop 48 Penny, with his estimated sub-90 IQ, would think getting a homer judge to stay the NCAA ineligibility ruling is a good idea, but where are the responsible officials at Memphis to not allow them to go down this route? This will end with vacated wins and a massive NCAA investigation. Really weak university oversight.

penny said “hey kid come down here....I’m going to help my career off your back, and hey I might even screw your chance to play college ball in the process.......oh and I may screw other kids.....and the Memphis program to boot.”

That’s what Penny did.
Yeah... there has to be some rules. It just seems like that there must have been something recently uncovered by the NCAA that Hardaway had previously failed to disclose.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I agree. I also think UT should do this with Uros. Just my opinion. NCAA sucks.
It'll be all kind of screwed up if Wiseman somehow gets cleared and Plavsic is still forced to sit out the year because he transferred. Take illegal benefits, no problem. Transfer schools, you're fooked.

As bad as I dislike the NCAA, I dislike Memphis more. With that said, the NCAA would be alright if they didn't play favorites or it wasn't so obvious in their punishments or lack of. If wins aren't vacated and they let this kid play, screw all of it. Even an idiot like Penny can see where this is an obvious violation. Wtf

That’s what Penny did.

In simple terms "Hi. I'm Penny Hardaway and I'm a selfish prick"

This isn't a good look from the Memphis AD either to stand so firmly behind his decision. I get that you want your AD to support your coaches and their decisions but going against the NCAA when you obviously cheated and having their approval is something else.

Well memphis is playing him anyway. Could be banned from tournament now.

You don't really believe that do you? Memphis, Penny, the #1 draft pick held out of the tournament? Over this? You're naive or your dreaming. If UT did this with Plavsic, I'd agree with you, but this is the NCAA. It's all about the money and ratings, and it always will be.

I thought Hardaway would screw thinks up for Memphis by the end of year two. He exceeded my expectations and created this mess at the beginning of year two. Ahead of schedule!

It’s a huge risk to play Wiseman just because of a court order. The NCAA could vacate wins later. And the NCAA will not like Memphis playing him after the ruling.
PH taking on the NCAA is foolish. He'll regret that sooner than later. With just the little I do know as factual, there's no way PH didn't know he was committing violations according to the rules. Just accept the one year of ineligibility and let it rest. Seems like a soft penalty in lieu of the circumstances.

Reactions: Shaun1985

VN Store

Back